Ashes Cricket General Discussion

One thing I've noticed is in tests once the AI plays one stupid shot to get out that they will play that shot few more times in the innings

One thing I've noticed is in tests once the AI plays one stupid shot to get out that they will play that shot few more times in the innings

This was totally my experience with the stupid bat-pad smash from DBC17 as well. If I got one I'd always get a whole bunch in quick succession, whereas I could also go a long time without seeing any.

Yeah, I find if a batsman suddenly plays a poor shot but you drop it you needn't worry because they almost then seem to be trying to get out. You'll get more chances soon enough, That's more when a batsman is set and seems to be throwing it away. If you drop them early it can be costly.

This was totally my experience with the stupid bat-pad smash from DBC17 as well. If I got one I'd always get a whole bunch in quick succession, whereas I could also go a long time without seeing any.

Yeah it's rather annoying, I never played DBC17 but I've noticed a lot of weird bugs in this game...In fact after playing DBC14 again that game feels so much more polished than this, even little things like when you try to play a on drive sometimes or a fine legside shot the batsmen bats the ball into himself...like what the hell lol.

Yeah, I find if a batsman suddenly plays a poor shot but you drop it you needn't worry because they almost then seem to be trying to get out. You'll get more chances soon enough, That's more when a batsman is set and seems to be throwing it away. If you drop them early it can be costly.

I don't use manual fielding unfortunately, use full-auto so the cpu doesn't usually drop them, it's annoying as sometimes the AI is batting so perfect and well, have good scores and then just play some stupid little chip shot to one of 3 guys I have in the outfield. (I play with the thought to give CPU scoring chances so I have a packed slips/gully region, one guy leg side and a mid-on/off. But they still manage to find them xD

EDIT: On a side note, before when I had more fielders in the deep they used to slog the ball over to them, now when I have fielders all near the bat they play this little chip shot to get caught out, it's as if the game is programmed to give you wickets after a certain point no matter what, feels really premeditated when playing tbh

The shot I see a lot of is the cut or guide to the slips. Had one match where I got three out guiding to slips. Haven't taken a wicket that way since but if I see them doing it I will move the slips closer and I've subsequently taken wickets in the slips after that, off different shots.

If you bowl a consistent line and length there are only so many shots open for the AI to play. I'll often adjust my field if I see them playing a shot consistently. One is a little nudge/dab through mid wicket - put in a short mid wicket and they start playing differently. Was bowling with an off spinner and the AI played this three times in a row. I put in a silly mid on and next ball they came down the wicket and were all over the place playing a shot I have no description for.

This is where I think the human player has the advantage. If the AI has a field with a nice big gap you can keep scoring through, or even just know you can defend into, it doesn't block it and instead changes the entire field.

How do you make your fielder dive to save a boundary,also when trying to play a back cut over the slips I find that the shot is going through cover,anyone else noticed this?[DOUBLEPOST=1515521898][/DOUBLEPOST]Also I have noticed in 5 over online matches if you don't play a shot and the ball goes past the wicketkeeper for byes the game crashes

My word. Just changed my batting set up to turn off the fielding HUD, and to turn off shot feedback. Game Changer!

Learning curve has been very steep, I went from 64-1 with both turned on to 101-8 without, but it's so much more rewarding. Lyon killed me, especially with his ability to change pace. I felt so much more confident putting bat on ball to him with both those visual helpers, and now I've been trying to drive him just as much and he's been either bowling me or getting me LBW due to playing a shot with the wrong direction, timing, or both. I have my batting sliders very high, so they're fairly unforgiving.

I learnt my lesson for the final wicket, Finn and Anderson have put about 35 on together and are hanging on. Real change of mindset to defend so much, leave a lot of stuff, and only hit bad balls rather than just hittable stuff I'd normally have a whack down the ground at. Cos doing that just cost me about 6 wickets for 20 runs!!

Playing test matches for me is becoming impossible, when I bowl first I get 0 nicks it makes bowling so boring and tedious as I know I have no chance of getting a nick...Does this happen to anyone else? Going 100+ overs without 1 nick

Playing test matches for me is becoming impossible, when I bowl first I get 0 nicks it makes bowling so boring and tedious as I know I have no chance of getting a nick...Does this happen to anyone else? Going 100+ overs without 1 nick
No I get loads

What difficulty do you play on?

Nah I def get a few!

When I had Australia 180/7 I was beginning to wonder if reducing skills might have caused some players to bottom out and not be able to go on and get scores. How wrong I was.* With my batting ability I am expecting an innings defeat.
2ugLlCF.jpg

*Reiffel was out at 280 before the game crashed recording the replay of his wicket.

Users who are viewing this thread