Ashes Cricket General Discussion

I'm playing on the highest Legend

I get nicks in ODIs but in tests I get 0 in first innings then 2nd innings they nick it all over the place...

4 tests Ive played bowling first and got 0 nicks in 100+ overs :/

Do you have bowling feedback on? Are you getting lots of good/perfect? If not go down to hard.

At hardest bowling not only is the timing window smaller, but the "ball quality" effect is higher - i.e. to get nicks you've got to bowl good balls with good feedback.

Weather, pitch and ball conditions also have an edge impact.

I bowl legend hard and get a decent amount of edges. The main pattern I see is you get edges with the new ball and then bowling gets much tougher!

I'm confused about the ball shining. If you don't shine the ball and then check it after 40 overs, one side is shiny and one isn't...

Also, since 1.06, I hardly get any bowled or LBW unless it is with that weird prod forward with the pad animation. How have others got theirs? (Veteran, hard bowling)

Last edited:
I'm confused about the ball shining. If you don't shine the ball and then check it after 40 overs, one side is shiny and one isn't...

Also, since 1.06, I hardly get any bowled or LBW unless it is with that weird prod forward with the pad animation. How have others got theirs? (Veteran, hard bowling)

i've got a few bowleds that i think i got the video of. will compile and upload tonight. can't remember my last lbw to be fair.

Yes bowling in my career (3 or 4 games in) I've had a decent number of widgets. Most realistic, done chipped to infield. Had a bowled through the gate, a few edges and one off the glove to keeper as well. Appealed because I thought it was lbw but turns out it ballooned off the glove. All in all it's been a solid experience. Pro/Med/Med.

Batting however is far too easy (compared to DBC17) and in inclined to think they've scaled the ability up for batsmen. Staring career in DBC17 it was a struggle to beat the inner circle for the first half a dozen games. Now it's 4s all over the park. I don't think anything else has changed, just the batsmen are more overpowered. A 40 in DBC was not great. But I feel a 40 in AC is a well accomplished batsman and that's what you start out at. God knows how easily runs will come when I get to 60 or 80!

I’m currently playing a career and before all games I select bowling/batting/fielding at medium, most of the time I save half way through an innings, when I come back to the game I’m sure it resets to easy, the game is then to easy, when i go to the next game it is then back at easy, is this a bug or does it change to suit automatically?

In soft pitch, 130+ kph delivery not reach to keeper properly... It takes atleast one bounce before ball reach to keeper... it need little tuning...

The spin direction thing really boils my piss. It was the same in dbc14, we moaned and it improved slightly. Back to square one in dbc17, moaned about it and it improved a lot. Back to square one for ashes...
I'm going to carry on playing around with these two sides. Might try reducing the doosra on Tim May unless someone who knows more about his repertoire can confirm that he had that up his sleeve.
I know I've noticed you do need to give the AI release points to minimise the cheap chips. Can't eliminate them completely unfortunately.
I don't think I've seen too many cheap wickets. I did take one with Peter Such with a 'Late/Late' or 'Poor/Poor' delivery so I purposefully bowled another one next ball and got another wicket. This may be a quirk of how I play - not looking at the timing huds. I do have the feedback on and I have noticed that the AI will often give it away on a bad ball and play and miss on a perfect ball.

I want to try reducing Judgement - I'd set it high for bowlers because it says it effects bowlers but I want to see if it does. I'm not convinced that it doesn't just end up with AI tail enders that are too good at batting. I saw @Dutch scorecard and he had cleaned up the tail with bowleds and an lbw (I really don't think I've taken an lbw in the entire game) the ones I'm playing against seem to be as good at playing the ball as top batsman. Evidenced by Paul Reiffel's mammoth 150.

Among other skills I'm fairly certain the strength skill is far too overpowered. I went through my experiment rosters and took 60 to be the top strength rating, 50 for agility and 50 for speed. AI sixes are closer to 75-90m and not 100-120m, AI and human don't always hit the boundary when hitting gaps - lots of 1,2,3 in my game now, could be the stadium size though.

I’m currently playing a career and before all games I select bowling/batting/fielding at medium, most of the time I save half way through an innings, when I come back to the game I’m sure it resets to easy, the game is then to easy, when i go to the next game it is then back at easy, is this a bug or does it change to suit automatically?
Fairly certain this is a bug, might want to try getting the settings you want and playing a 1 or 2 over match. The settings stick once you complete a match.

And as my conservative Tom Latham effortlessly flicks a ball off his legs for another six in the eighth over of a test match, are we seeing batting mentalities disappear amongst all this fun? Experiences on 1.6 please? @WealeyH @blockerdave @Dutch

Last edited:
In soft pitch, 130+ kph delivery not reach to keeper properly... It takes atleast one bounce before ball reach to keeper... it need little tuning...
Get them up then...It also depends on the type of delivery...[DOUBLEPOST=1515580060][/DOUBLEPOST]
Spinner bowling doosra should be surprise delivery not stock delivery
Its always been an issue, maybe something down to attributes...Special delivery full but stock not so much...Even some bowlers are hard to get green while spinning but doosra gets it easily..

And as my conservative Tom Latham effortlessly flicks a ball off his legs for another six in the eighth over of a test match, are we seeing batting mentalities disappear amongst all this fun? Experiences please?

I've taken a leaf out of your book and I'm keeping some stats for the AI performance with the teams I'm experimenting with. I definitely think there is a difference but I have experienced six hitting almost out of the blue by conservative batsman. I can only think that lofted shots are open to them to use so sometimes they do.

Equally I think confidence could play a part in test matches. IRL I'd think conservative or precise batsman, if you can transfer the definition to real life, are more likely to try and reach a big score before playing more expansively. Whereas aggressive batsmen might get a few sighters in and then go for it - thinking Broad and Pandya who I've watched recently. I really think confidence could be more nuanced and perhaps score based and not balls faced based in test matches. Although I'd also say maybe with conservative batsmen having them reach full confidence because of balls faced would still make more sense.

I've taken a leaf out of your book and I'm keeping some stats for the AI performance with the teams I'm experimenting with. I definitely think there is a difference but I have experienced six hitting almost out of the blue by conservative batsman. I can only think that lofted shots are open to them to use so sometimes they do.

Equally I think confidence could play a part in test matches. IRL I'd think conservative or precise batsman, if you can transfer the definition to real life, are more likely to try and reach a big score before playing more expansively. Whereas aggressive batsmen might get a few sighters in and then go for it - thinking Broad and Pandya who I've watched recently. I really think confidence could be more nuanced and perhaps score based and not balls faced based in test matches. Although I'd also say maybe with conservative batsmen having them reach full confidence because of balls faced would still make more sense.

It's like conservative batsmen will play conservatively, but then if they haven't reached their 3, 4 per over required rate, will try and slam a six or four regardless. Unless it's a tight ODI chase, conservative batsmen shouldn't be worried about attaining 4 an over. It's tough because you are marrying up playing realistically to the situation, with the differing players. I mean think of the difference between Cook and Sehwag. Both test match openers.

I'd be interested in seeing your results. I have too small a sample size at the moment in 1.6. Is the beta team engaging with BA for the next patch or has everything died a death somewhat?

It's like conservative batsmen will play conservatively, but then if they haven't reached their 3, 4 per over required rate, will try and slam a six or four regardless. Unless it's a tight ODI chase, conservative batsmen shouldn't be worried about attaining 4 an over. It's tough because you are marrying up playing realistically to the situation, with the differing players. I mean think of the difference between Cook and Sehwag. Both test match openers.

I'd be interested in seeing your results. I have too small a sample size at the moment in 1.6. Is the beta team engaging with BA for the next patch or has everything died a death somewhat?
I guess there is no new build after Xmas break,things getting slow with AO Tennis.

Users who are viewing this thread