Ashes Cricket General Discussion

It's like conservative batsmen will play conservatively, but then if they haven't reached their 3, 4 per over required rate, will try and slam a six or four regardless. Unless it's a tight ODI chase, conservative batsmen shouldn't be worried about attaining 4 an over. It's tough because you are marrying up playing realistically to the situation, with the differing players. I mean think of the difference between Cook and Sehwag. Both test match openers.

I'd be interested in seeing your results. I have too small a sample size at the moment in 1.6. Is the beta team engaging with BA for the next patch or has everything died a death somewhat?

This is exactly what happens. In a way it makes the conservative batsmen the most likely to randomly slog, because they score slowly then suddenly slog to arbitrarily keep up the run-rate. whereas a more attacking player will get that rate up more "normally". a big flaw in the design.

I'm going to carry on playing around with these two sides. Might try reducing the doosra on Tim May unless someone who knows more about his repertoire can confirm that he had that up his sleeve.

I don't think I've seen too many cheap wickets. I did take one with Peter Such with a 'Late/Late' or 'Poor/Poor' delivery so I purposefully bowled another one next ball and got another wicket. This may be a quirk of how I play - not looking at the timing huds. I do have the feedback on and I have noticed that the AI will often give it away on a bad ball and play and miss on a perfect ball.

I want to try reducing Judgement - I'd set it high for bowlers because it says it effects bowlers but I want to see if it does. I'm not convinced that it doesn't just end up with AI tail enders that are too good at batting. I saw @Dutch scorecard and he had cleaned up the tail with bowleds and an lbw (I really don't think I've taken an lbw in the entire game) the ones I'm playing against seem to be as good at playing the ball as top batsman. Evidenced by Paul Reiffel's mammoth 150.

Among other skills I'm fairly certain the strength skill is far too overpowered. I went through my experiment rosters and took 60 to be the top strength rating, 50 for agility and 50 for speed. AI sixes are closer to 75-90m and not 100-120m, AI and human don't always hit the boundary when hitting gaps - lots of 1,2,3 in my game now, could be the stadium size though.

Fairly certain this is a bug, might want to try getting the settings you want and playing a 1 or 2 over match. The settings stick once you complete a match.

unfortunately again it's been something that happened in all games - you bowl a crap ball, the AI recognise it as a crap ball, throw the kitchen sink at it and get out.

the ball quality should give the batsman a better timing window or something. we've said this a lot about human batting - slow long hops should be easiest to hit, not difficult to time - but it applies to the AI too.

This is exactly what happens. In a way it makes the conservative batsmen the most likely to randomly slog, because they score slowly then suddenly slog to arbitrarily keep up the run-rate. whereas a more attacking player will get that rate up more "normally". a big flaw in the design.
So whats the route around this? The ai has to have a number it can work with but what other ways are there to let the ai be more subtle in its approach.....?

Down on the
So whats the route around this? The ai has to have a number it can work with but what other ways are there to let the ai be more subtle in its approach.....?

My opinion after hooooours:

The AI has to (programmed) to stay above 3rpo.

Bowling three maidens on the bounce is impossible, 2 is the max I have ever achieved.

Mentalities 100% make a difference. Nearly all my innings the conservative guy will go at 40-50 rpo. However, regardless of their mentality the AI will still lash out if they have got bogged down.

Conservative or Precise even though they lash out will go hard on the deck or one bounce 4. (The odd one will go for 6) but I have found it to be much less.

The rest will stick it in the stands.

Poor pitch and poor weather will also increase poor shots that the AI get out too.

I don't get many chipped up dismissals but they normally occur on a poorly executed ball. (Which is backwards)

Judgement definitely effects how the AI play. I get a lot of play and misses and bowleds now.

I also found that in my last tests lowering drive ability resulted in more of the cover prods.

I actually have found it to be he opposite. Have had conservative guys on numerous occasions go at 40 strike rate. Peronsaly SR doesn't Seem to matter, but they will lash out regarding team RR!

Down on the

My opinion after hooooours:

The AI has to (programmed) to stay above 3rpo.

Bowling three maidens on the bounce is impossible, 2 is the max I have ever achieved.

Mentalities 100% make a difference. Nearly all my innings the conservative guy will go at 40-50 rpo. However, regardless of their mentality the AI will still lash out if they have got bogged down.

Conservative or Precise even though they lash out will go hard on the deck or one bounce 4. (The odd one will go for 6) but I have found it to be much less.

The rest will stick it in the stands.

Poor pitch and poor weather will also increase poor shots that the AI get out too.

I don't get many chipped up dismissals but they normally occur on a poorly executed ball. (Which is backwards)

Judgement definitely effects how the AI play. I get a lot of play and misses and bowleds now.

I also found that in my last tests lowering drive ability resulted in more of the cover prods.

Do you find any difference in overall strike rates?

I am not sure why we need a target runs per over number at all, unless in the dieing stages of an ODI or run chase.

Do you find any difference in overall strike rates?

I am not sure why we need a target runs per over number at all, unless in the dieing stages of an ODI or run chase.

I do but if I'm honest I only use, Balance, Conservative and Precise for tests.

Warner would be balanced.
I also have Smith as balanced.

They are more attacking but after a long innings it normally ends up with them with a strike rate of about 70 or so![DOUBLEPOST=1515585168][/DOUBLEPOST]IMG_0751.PNG For example:

Bancroft - Conservative
Khawaja - Balanced

Yeah, and with a week to release and no gameplay footage, alarm bells should be ringing.
There was one today and there was a mobile patch hahaha not even console can get one but anyway future will see there mobile game is nice tho

Anyone else also find it extremely difficult to bowl maidens with spinners in tests? I also find the slog problem is way worse when bowling spin than pace (where I barely get any slogs against me).

I play mostly with Ali so him going wicketless at 4.5 an over is realistic.....but I get your point!

Haha! It doesnt really matter if I'm using my 35 rated career spinner or 94 rated Shane Warne I can get wickets but I still go at ~4 an over. Then if you do actually build some dots in a row you're more likely to get the six-hit.

Haha! It doesnt really matter if I'm using my 35 rated career spinner or 94 rated Shane Warne I can get wickets but I still go at ~4 an over. Then if you do actually build some dots in a row you're more likely to get the six-hit.
Love the avatar...sums up his tour very well!

Users who are viewing this thread