Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Anyone else also find it extremely difficult to bowl maidens with spinners in tests? I also find the slog problem is way worse when bowling spin than pace (where I barely get any slogs against me).
I have had quite a few after making that decals folder change...Keep it right they defend them or glance to fielders...Slightly off they can go square..Its improved a great deal but some stuff still remain..

Thats pretty good stuff there. I just started my first test on Pro and Hard. Warner above 200 and Cummins about to hit 100. Though I was getting pretty quick and good wickets in T20s, Test match is giving me a tough time. Though there were quick wickets in the beginning, can't really find those good looking ones from T20, apart from Steve Smith edging one. Do you have any recommendations on pitch and Difficulty settings for Test matches in particular?

sometimes a wicket out of nowhere is fine, it does happen. Joe Root is a prime example of a batsmen who looks set and then gets out by giving his wicket away out of nothing. but when we are playing a game these things happen out of nowhere.

the most annoying thing about all 3 games is the feeling that there are the moments when the game will give you a wicket regardless - that something in the game is saying: this batsman is getting out now. i have had it so many times: a prime example being the wicket i got "caught off the pad" yesterday: it was caught at slip. knowing what had happened i decided not to appeal, but remarkably the game decided to have the fielders celebrate and the wicket fall anyway. similarly, i've had on multiple occasions in dbc17 and ashes too, the catching mini-game come up for a cheap wicket in the infield, so i've dropped it deliberately and the very next ball the batsman has smashed it to another fielder, there's been no minigame they've just caught it and the batsman is out. and what i've never understood is why, if you have this (frankly, crap) mechanic in the game where the batsman is getting out no matter, why wouldn't you force an lbw, bowled or edge - a wicket the bowler is going to be happy with - rather than that cheap horrible wicket everyone has complained about from day 1 of dbc14?

I get the same feeling when we play Online Test Matches.

I call it the "Ross has flicked the Switch" period.

I will be batting nicely with maybe one edge in 15 Overs , and then with two set batsman , I will just suddenly start edging everything. This will go on for about 3 - 5 edges , and then dissapears.

If we could only figure out why this is suddenly happening , as its not related to the Ball`s age.

Its like the game needs to make something happen , and after a flurry of say two wickets , it goes back into the "Normal" Mode.

So whats the route around this? The ai has to have a number it can work with but what other ways are there to let the ai be more subtle in its approach.....?

I don't know, but surely in 2018 we can have batsmen scoring at different rates? Since 1.06 (it was fine before), I am just not seeing anything that @WealeyH is, and everyone in a test seems to be happy at striking around the 50 mark. I don't know what, if anything has changed since the patch, or whether it is just me. Obviously I am the most sensitive to this problem, if it is one.

Right now I am comparing brute (Dhawan) to Conservative (Pujara) and Pujara is scoring more quickly and going aerial more often (granted a tiny sample size, but I've had my suspicions since 1.06 came out. Perhaps Brute scores less quickly than aggressive. Perhaps I should lower the bowling difficulty (I am getting all greens but maybe there are areas inside the green zones)

Last edited:
Are you bowling effort balls, and getting "Perfect/Perfect" ? I find Perfect deliveries tend to get more wickets than Good/Good, etc

Do you have bowling feedback on? Are you getting lots of good/perfect? If not go down to hard.

At hardest bowling not only is the timing window smaller, but the "ball quality" effect is higher - i.e. to get nicks you've got to bowl good balls with good feedback.

Weather, pitch and ball conditions also have an edge impact.

I bowl legend hard and get a decent amount of edges. The main pattern I see is you get edges with the new ball and then bowling gets much tougher!
Are you bowling effort balls, and getting "Perfect/Perfect" ? I find Perfect deliveries tend to get more wickets than Good/Good, etc

Nice to see you too! I always bowl perfect balls because I made the gameplay modifier for the timing windows when bowling really easy, just a preference of mine. Like I said I get a lot of nicks sometimes but most noticably when I'm bowling first I can't get a single nick, I will have to report by playing more and seeing what happens second Innings. In one day matches I seem to get them fine. The current match I'm playing is overcast conditions vs AUS as PAK. The few Innings I have bowled where I got a lot of nicks really made for a good game!

Still trying to figure out what the best way to play this game is really, having these sliders can be confusing!

When I had Australia 180/7 I was beginning to wonder if reducing skills might have caused some players to bottom out and not be able to go on and get scores. How wrong I was.* With my batting ability I am expecting an innings defeat.
2ugLlCF.jpg

*Reiffel was out at 280 before the game crashed recording the replay of his wicket.

I seem to get crashes at the end of Test matches when I try to get screenshots/watch the replay of the final wicket. Normally it saves though and if I go back in the game is still finished and I can continue to my next match.

Are others getting these stumpings when facing spinners where you leave it and the batsman steps out of the crease after? I could just about stomach the play and misses where the foot drags out of the crease, at least those feel mildly realistic. These ones seems to happen at even greater frequency.

Are others getting these stumpings when facing spinners where you leave it and the batsman steps out of the crease after? I could just about stomach the play and misses where the foot drags out of the crease, at least those feel mildly realistic. These ones seems to happen at even greater frequency.
It's a bug and already reported.

Okay i am in my 5th or 6th season in career mode. My player is 51 rated opening batsman. I get selected for Aus Domestic and just before my first Aud Domestic match my player is suddenly rated 88 (with mostly parameters on 100). So annoying. Has anyone got this? Is there any fix? The game already has too many bugs and on top of this, it really has left me disappointed. This is seriously game breaking imo.

Attachments

• IMG_6880.JPG
    IMG_6880.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
Okay i am in my 5th or 6th season in career mode. My player is 51 rated opening batsman. I get selected for Aus Domestic and just before my first Aud Domestic match my player is suddenly rated 88 (with mostly parameters on 100). So annoying. Has anyone got this? Is there any fix? The game already has too many bugs and on top of this, it really has left me disappointed. This is seriously game breaking imo.

Known issue. The career player stats get jacked up (almost doubled) and turns into Don Bradman when he/she gets to the next level. Maybe post it in the Bugs Reporting thread.

Known issue. The career player stats get jacked up (almost doubled) and turns into Don Bradman when he/she gets to the next level. Maybe post it in the Bugs Reporting thread.
I dont think it will make any difference. Things are so dead, there is no communication from big ant regarding the patches. I dont think even the beta team has any updates. Its super frustrating. I think for the time being i am out of here.

I dont think it will make any difference. Things are so dead, there is no communication from big ant regarding the patches. I dont think even the beta team has any updates. Its super frustrating. I think for the time being i am out of here.
It will come. It will take a few weeks but it will come. Once tennis is out they will turn their attention to cricket again.....

Here's a real hot tip but you gotta keep it in complete confidance. If anyone asks you where you heard this say you heard it from a bloke named Dave at the pub. You've never heard of PTJ, you don't know him.

When playing v AI and they set ugly, strange fields -
-pause game
-change playing teams
-set appropriate field
-apply all
-change playing teams back

Just had Ali and Woakes bowl a lovely 4-over spell each with backward point finally plugged up and attacking catchers placed around the bat. Makes for far better cricket !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread