Ashes Cricket General Discussion

If he insults it's fine if i do it's wrong what a great judgement
I never said it's fine if someone insults you and it's wrong if you do it to others. Point me out where have I said it ? I have no idea how you came to that conclusion. Whoever does it, that's wrong and I have posted the same. I haven't deleted only your posts. I have deleted posts from other users too.

I never said it's fine if someone insults you and it's wrong if you do it to others. Point me out where have I said it ? I have no idea how you came to that conclusion. Whoever does it, that's wrong and I have posted the same. I haven't deleted only your posts. I have deleted posts from other users too.
I dont see why staff need to justify their actions publicly. The guy is a complete dishcloth and needs to be tackled. I have reported him a number of times but he is allowed to continue his inane trolling. Staff shouldnt have to get into a public argument because they are doing a job. Thats why we have mods. If my posts are deleted I take it just as someone doing the job they were asked to do and if i feel I need to I contact the mod via Pm. Its too soft around here....

I dont see why staff need to justify their actions publicly. The guy is a complete dishcloth and needs to be tackled. I have reported him a number of times but he is allowed to continue his inane trolling. Staff shouldnt have to get into a public argument because they are doing a job. Thats why we have mods. If my posts are deleted I take it just as someone doing the job they were asked to do and if i feel I need to I contact the mod via Pm. Its too soft around here....
I understand what you mean. But when I am questioned regarding my actions publicly, I will answer publicly. If the conversation had stretched further, I would have continued this with him via pm so that we are not derailing the thread. And being soft is not a bad thing.

I understand what you mean. But when I am questioned regarding my actions publicly, I will answer publicly. If the conversation had stretched further, I would have continued this with him via pm so that we are not derailing the thread. And being soft is not a bad thing.
Soft is not a bad thing; people who know me know I am a fluffy fairy cake, although decorated with barbed wire....I am saying too soft....anyway I will leave it there and we can continue this privately should you wish....back on topic.....are there batz????

I just wish if they can find a way to reduce this constant field change every ball or second ball even when some has just defended the ball.

Confidence definitely needs changing. Players come out with green confidence in second innings and it seems to be based on balls faced rather than runs scored. So it feels like there's not much difference between a player who gets 10 from 50 and one who would score 300 from 500. I think I'd sooner see a player with a first innings score of 100+ coming out in green, 50-99 in amber/orange and everyone else in red. I still play batsmen in but it feels like I'm paying lip service to realism when I could probably start crashing four from the off.

The other thing is that AI bowling seems to have too much variation of deliveries. Spinners seem to bowl more balls that turn in the opposite direction than you'd expect, I think more variation of bounce and flight of their stock delivery would be more realistic. Although there are bowlers for whom that wouldn't fit the bill. It'd be good to know how exactly balls are chosen, whether they bowl everything regardless of the skill rating for each delivery or if they only bowl balls with a decent skill rating. If it were the latter I'd just start putting a lot of off spinners with next to no rating for doosra. Although I'm uncertain as to whether the balls going in the opposite direction aren't more likely arm balls.

Likewise certain pace bowlers seem to bowl too many cutters when the ball is swinging. It'd would be so much better to have greater explanations of exactly how the bowler mentalities work. I can see some differences but it's usually one extreme to another.

I too have noticed this and it's really annoying with spinners bowling more of the wrong'un/googley. I've took to putting that delivery to 0 in the skills not batted since doing that. But i always done it in older games.

As for batting Confidence defo needs looking into. You can maybe understand the rapid growth in T20 matches but in tests after about 20 balls your 'in' which is silly.

I too have noticed this and it's really annoying with spinners bowling more of the wrong'un/googley. I've took to putting that delivery to 0 in the skills not batted since doing that. But i always done it in older games.

As for batting Confidence defo needs looking into. You can maybe understand the rapid growth in T20 matches but in tests after about 20 balls your 'in' which is silly.
I've noticed it's somewhere between 20-30 balls for the AI which isn't too bad. Myself, I have got a batsman in inside 8 balls with a couple of leaves and a boundary or two. It was a tailender too. I'd love to see it be a bit more erratic at times and I really think how confidence is carried over needs to be altered.

Precise pace bowlers seem to bowl more variation, their speeds are often in the late 70s where you'd expect them to be mid 80s. Can only think they are bowling more cutters or even slower balls. Spinners, I've got May as conservatice and Warne as Balanced and they both seem to bowl a full mix of deliveries rather than anything consistent. Not sure if it would be too easy facing a spinner who bowls five stock balls and one variation an over but I guess that's where having appropriate field settings would help. I've found when the AI happens upon a decent field it can be quite tough to score.

I'm fairly sure I changed some of them and these aren't the defaults, but I had a really good match against Australia with the following settings:

Lyon - Conservative
Cummins - Brute
Starc - Aggressive
Hazlewood - Precise

Will give it a go....love the sig by the way: George Berkeley is a genius, he might not be right, but genius he is!

Has anyone noticed that all the batsmen are only 5ft tall? And they have mini-men bodies?

I noticed when I use batting camera, AI bowls on leg side most... but when I used front camera or fixed camera, AI bowls more on offside and also act quite competitively...

Users who are viewing this thread