Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Additional features (I wish to):

1. In career mode i think players flagged as 'liability' should have a 2% chance of being made unavailable for matches/tours due to 'disciplinary' reasons. Stokes, Warner, Amir, Rabada....i'm looking at you.

You really need to back off Ross on this one - previous people have just cut support for PC entirely. I suspect that the PC market is in a much better place than it was in 2010 with regards to both piracy and Steam popularity, but if the numbers were even 5x, I'd probably do the same again. (Panto noises)

I promise you, you don't do a PC version of a Cricket game for money. You do it for the community.

I'd be keeping him on-side.

I'd prefer to discuss ways we could actually improve the success of the game on PC but apparently making any suggestions is 'mindless drivel' so I guess you're right.

I'd prefer to discuss ways we could actually improve the success of the game on PC but apparently making any suggestions is 'mindless drivel' so I guess you're right.
You didnt make any suggestions you just stated a crude and inaccurate opinion of which you have no idea, no idea at all how wide of the mark it is. I wish i could tell you how wide of the mark you are: and now you are trying to make up for your ignorance by blaming others.

You didnt make any suggestions you just stated a crude and inaccurate opinion of which you have no idea, no idea at all how wide of the mark it is. I wish i could tell you how wide of the mark you are: and now you are trying to make up for your ignorance by blaming others.

I absolutely made a suggestion, even if you think it's wrong and wouldn't work it was still a suggestion.

You're just homing in on that one thing I said because it offended to you and disregarding the rest.

Surprised to see another Cricket game coming in the same year on PC. I hope they've taken all feedbacks from DBC17 and delivered in Ashes Cricket 17.I had bad experience with DBC17 mostly due to lack of varities in dismissals(rare LBW and bowled), so ive spent only 56 hours in the game and did'nt touched it for months.
This time ill not buy it on Day1, maybe ill buy in first week after release hoping to find a realistic gameplay.Anyway thanks @BigAntStudios for releaseing it on Steam.

Most of them aren't even valid for a video game, except changes to DRS, which were already there as an option in DBC14 itself if I'm not wrong
I was mostly concerend about the addition of DRS into T20I, DBC 17 didn’t have it according to the current rules...

I was mostly concerend about the addition of DRS into T20I, DBC 17 didn’t have it according to the current rules...
I guess you can invoke that rule in match-type designer in DBC 14.

What does the future hold?

On the DBC forum, Big Ant say that they don't hold the Don Bradman licence.

If there are future releases, are we to take it that they won't be called Don Bradman or is this one of those tongue in cheek comments that I'm taking too seriously!!!???

If there are future releases, are we to take it that they won't be called Don Bradman or is this one of those tongue in cheek comments that I'm taking too seriously!!!???
BigAnt dont have the license, but that doesnt mean the license holders cannot ask another company to make another Don Bradman game....

Being honest wearing that shirt I would hedge your bets... !

If it was the same developers and they made a good game would this matter... ?

Does this really matter, what if it was Danny Morrison's Swing fest but the game play was the dogs nads would you buy it... ?

Does this really matter, what if it was Danny Morrison's Swing fest but the game play was the dogs nads would you buy it... ?

Ah but think bigger picture. Would average casual gamer want to buy game called Don Bradman or Danny Morrison's Swing fest..?

Actually, thinking about it.........

Ah but think bigger picture. Would average casual gamer want to buy game called Don Bradman or Danny Morrison's Swing fest..?

Actually, thinking about it.........
I'm not thinking 'swing' I'm thinking 'swing' besides... My husband brushes up well and keys for the XC 90 are the same as most.... ?

What's in a name surely it doesn't matter.

But when it comes to sales, sadly it does. Licensed games generally sell more ?
Wouldn't Danny Morrison be a license... ? Shane Warne.... Nope taking the piss. Mike Atherton... To dull... Stuart MacGill... Too stupid. Kevin Pietersen... You'll never know what to say and the twitter feed will be awful...

Wouldn't Danny Morrison be a license... ? Shane Warne.... Nope taking the piss. Mike Atherton... To dull... Stuart MacGill... Too stupid. Kevin Pietersen... You'll never know what to say and the twitter feed will be awful...

Pretty sure there was a Shane Warnes cricket, and it sold by the bucketload. You seem to like Danny .Morrison, you hoping he's a commentator in Ashes then.?

Users who are viewing this thread