Ashes Cricket General Discussion

I am talking about subtle use of LS when getting on to the ball , if you didn't get close enough you edge it? sounds fair to me.
Correct me if am wrong. But you suppose to get close. Best way to face LS is to get your pad in line with the ball

Hello Beta Team,

Just one thing I want to know from you guys... is the Defaults Field placements being changed atleast to some extent?
Can we see any new field placements in this patch. Thank You !

Can you beta boys ask the devs to incorporate random magic delivery based on condition and bowlers skill (the ball which moves a bit more than usual , gets more bounce/spin/seam) resulting in a chance or wicket , this way it will be more satisfying for us as a bowler. Remember Mitchel Starc magic bowl in the Ashes?[DOUBLEPOST=1519708926][/DOUBLEPOST]Also it will be great if edges are due to wrong feet movement instead of just dice rolls.

Please add a random element but make sure it's not random.

Riiiiiiight.

Please add a random element but make sure it's not random.

Riiiiiiight.
Actually if you have closely followed Francos edge mod for DBC14 you might know that the game decide the chances based on multiple things like shot timing , bowl quality , ball age etc , and once the game determine that there will be a chance in this delivery the game can tell the delivery to visually have more bounce/swing/seam/spin then the normal ones.
Its not random at all and definitely will feel more rewarding.

Actually if you have closely followed Francos edge mod for DBC14 you might know that the game decide the chances based on multiple things like shot timing , bowl quality , ball age etc , and once the game determine that there will be a chance in this delivery the game can tell the delivery to visually have more bounce/swing/seam/spin then the normal ones.
Its not random at all and definitely will feel more rewarding.

I followed your post mate.

You said please add a random element, and then in the next paragraph you said no dice rolls.

I believe there should be a random element, but I'd prefer random movement - i.e. seam and spin movement should have natural variation that modifies the output (and further affected by conditions) And I'd prefer the magic ball to be a result of that - here's the ball that moves more and undoes you or is more difficult to play.

Not - double sixes, force a chance regardless of physics; but - the random values producing the physics make this one harder to play

Yea that natural variation will be good enough for PvP and user batting , but it will not be sufficient for AI batting as how will you tell the AI to make it difficult to play when there is a big movement/bounce , hence the francos edge logic CHANCE should get applied.

I must be shite coz I played the Ai yesterday on hardest difficulty and they got loads of edges from me :)

I guess somebody from beta team mentioned that they are currently testing the Test Mactches then after that they will movie to ODI's. @Dutch @WealeyH Can you guys just observe these points whenever you test shorter format.
1) AI bowling changes : Sometimes main bowlers finish there quota before 40 over in continuous spell. And in end crunch overs 5-6th bowlers are bowling
2) Continuing : Smart bowling changes. If one bowler is getting thrashed they keep on bowling.
3) AI field placements : I think everyone has touched this point.
4) During day night matches sometimes in second innings it continues to be day condition. Sun doesnt settle.
With regards to Test Matces : Ball needs to be visible on the field.

Users who are viewing this thread