Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Ok guys, before I move on properly to Limited Overs just finishing this test by playing every ball!!

577A4905-B4EF-4700-9F96-59FC1D5F68A7.jpeg

Australia snuck a small lead. I loved batting! Had to take my time get in and play properly. I thought at the end that 315 wasn’t too bad. But then I realised I must of edged it in total more than 35 times. Could of easily been 150 runs less. Bairstow lived an unbelievable charmed life and was dropped on 60! Variation of edges were fantastic. Every single catch was a nick and they are very varied. I’ll get back to that!!

AI bowling is far better. Very few extras and very testing lines.

In come Mr Warner...

A8147EB1-B088-4CC5-926D-18562D06B9B5.jpeg

It’s game on, Warner came out flying! Good job I got him early in the first dig! I had to get him after they raced to a 50 partnership with Bancroft just nudging singles. @Langeveldt has just grabbed some tissues.

Broad then struck twice before lunch. A gorgeous clean bowled clopping the bails on a drive.

Then the big moment, Warner cutting a ball too close, top edge through to the keeper!

Game is in the balance!!

Back to edges:

Difficult to record it properly but this was an edge.

Most pulls go to ground. But I was late on this and got the nick sound. Lil top edge after playing it late which creates a catching chance. It’s so varied and organic at the moment.

Btw.. Warner’s innings had 0 lofted shots apart from one flashing cut.

And the joy it was getting him was HUGE as he was seriously putting me on the back foot

Game is in great shape @Dutch @blockerdave @Llewelynf

@MattW xxx

Last edited:
Great to hear the news Wealey !

Quick Question .

Have you managed to edge the ball to anywhere else than 3rd Slip or Gully?

Because the majority if not all of the current nicks we get in the Online game only goes to these two spots.

Warner made me feel genuinely under pressure, I had to change the field and try contain...

Getting him was so exciting!!

Fantastic. I hope trying to fix the Shorter forms don't mess up the Longer format.

And apart from the AI field settings, what else is there in the bucket list for Shorter forms? Especially since the Easy batting issue has been fixed.

@WealeyH And please request for Set field for a Bowler Option. Like Pretty Please. You are our only hope. :P

It's mighty annoying to be honest, setting the same fields for every bowler-batsman combination. Especially in T20s.

Is back foot shots powerful like the front foot ones. Is this being looked in to in this patch ?

It would be great for users to have AI setting field for them based on how batsmen playing (auto field settings in other words ) , will be great for people like me who want a munch of t20 coming back from the work and not bothered to change the fields every now and then.

I can't wait to see how this thread will be buzzing once the patch is released... really exciting stuff guys.

Got a good game brewing in the 3rd test with Australia. They need 488 more at tea on day 4, so 4 an over pretty much, and I've got 4 sessions to bowl then out.

I'd favour my chances, but the openers are already 32-0 after 10 overs before tea and both are set. Plus Australia made 550+ in the 4th innings of the previous test.

Time to get ready for 120 overs of dot dot dot dot dot boundary lol

This one has been quite entertaining. I've got Australia 9 down with 12 overs to go on Day 5. Hazelwood and Paine the guys remaining. No chance they get the runs needed, so it's win for me or a draw. Fun tho!

Users who are viewing this thread