Ashes Cricket General Discussion

I dunno, your looking fat too into it.

There were no balls that went to place that I thought how was it hit there. I don’t even have bowling HUD on. People get obsessed with it.

Anyway bowling perfect perfect is far too easy.

Good balls get dispatched in ODI’s and that’s how it has to be otherwise they would never score.

Good batting pitch and I got wacked!!

Well, imo you should turn on the Bowling HUD while testing. As most people won’t turn it off. And also I’ve tried No HUD gameplay and I used to get whacked all around the park. Which was obviously not the case with HUD turned on. So there’s a massive difference. Of course you can always turn it off when you’re playing for fun and not testing.

Also, it’s strange that people are requesting the AI to respect good deliveries. Because that was the case in the previous games. And that is partially why AI could never really make a decent total.

It’s a game afterall and bowling good deliveries with HUD on becomes muscle memory real fast.

I think AI batting in T20s is decent in Ashes. If you mix up well you can pick up wickets. Good deliveries can get hit. But bowling good lines and lengths are also rewarded more often than not.

Unless, Bowling is made more Analogous, this is the way it should ideally work.

Well, imo you should turn on the Bowling HUD while testing. As most people won’t turn it off. And also I’ve tried No HUD gameplay and I used to get whacked all around the park. Which was obviously not the case with HUD turned on. So there’s a massive difference. Of course you can always turn it off when you’re playing for fun and not testing.

Also, it’s strange that people are requesting the AI to respect good deliveries. Because that was the case in the previous games. And that is partially why AI could never really make a decent total.

It’s a game afterall and bowling good deliveries with HUD on becomes muscle memory real fast.

I think AI batting in T20s is decent in Ashes. If you mix up well you can pick up wickets. Good deliveries can get hit. But bowling good lines and lengths are also rewarded more often than not.

Unless, Bowling is made more Analogous, this is the way it should ideally work.

Personally I'm not saying the AI should 'respect good deliveries' every time in LO cricket. But I am saying the game shouldn't decide "this ball is going for 4 no matter what/where you bowl", which is how it feels a lot of the time at the moment.

Just batted first 10...

I’m 59/2

20 of those runs coming off the edge from flashing drives racing down to third man.

My only issue and @grkrama will be pleased I agree is that sixes maybe are now a little too hard to hit!

Timing it is an absolute bitch in general atm!

Great to hear but if you see the edges are way too frequent, even on a good batting pitch, then do request them to be tuned down a bit.

Just batted first 10...

I’m 59/2

20 of those runs coming off the edge from flashing drives racing down to third man.

My only issue and @grkrama will be pleased I agree is that sixes maybe are now a little too hard to hit!

How are AI field placements while human batting? Can you share some images of th field placements?

You closed the game because the AI kept bowling a certain delivery that gets you out!?
Not getting out but its overpowered and overused also its not realistic at all..Yeah edges comes with that delivery but its like a seam up delivery and I dont get how its bowled, arm ball is good variation in game with bit speed after pitching...

Also out of that post you only read the PS?
Also since we are talking about AI spinner are their bowling deliveries being looked at as well? Like more use of stock delivery , even with variation of spin rotations, reducing the turn of doosra and wrong'un etc..Also that seam up delivery I was talking about, try hitting sixes off them its really impossible as they dont get the air you need to hit over and likely to get caught at deep mid on or off..
[DOUBLEPOST=1519918080][/DOUBLEPOST]
Personally I'm not saying the AI should 'respect good deliveries' every time in LO cricket. But I am saying the game shouldn't decide "this ball is going for 4 no matter what/where you bowl", which is how it feels a lot of the time at the moment.
This is exactly my point..But seems like its easy to get misunderstood , maybe I need to up my communication language..

Full of good length with new ball is risky to play on the up with new ball , now if same ball is slogged its expected as thats how it should be..
But when I am bowling pace up and one is well disguised slow cutter , it could be dabbed into gap for single or slogged in death overs which COULD go sky high for a catch..Such variations in gameplay is what I am looking for..If there's a game in mind and I execute it similar to real life then it would feel fruitful..

Last edited:
Just batted first 10...

I’m 59/2

Didnt seem like the AI were struggling for timing based on that Wagon wheel you posted.

Also ideally I would say that the narrowing of the Timing windows is a good thing in itself , BUT even when then "middling" it , it shouldnt result in 117m meter sixes....

My Gut feel is that overall Power of batters must also be toned down a bit in conjunction with the smaller Timing Window.

@WealeyH , @grkrama , @Dutch
One request for you guys... can you check with Big Ant folks how to decrease or increase the frequency of edges using the sliders? I mean something like - if 'Foot Placement Difficulty', 'Bowl Quality Influence' and 'Shot Choice Difficulty' are all at 60 instead of 70, it will lead to 25% less chance of an edge. Or maybe something like 'Foot Placement Difficulty' is the biggest factor in determining the frequency of edges and higher the value, higher the chances of edging a ball.

I want to make sure we have an idea of tailoring our batting experience and have some sot of control on edge frequency. Would appreciate it if you can run this by the Big Ant folks.

Didnt seem like the AI were struggling for timing based on that Wagon wheel you posted.

Also ideally I would say that the narrowing of the Timing windows is a good thing in itself , BUT even when then "middling" it , it shouldnt result in 117m meter sixes....

My Gut feel is that overall Power of batters must also be toned down a bit in conjunction with the smaller Timing Window.

One concern in the current version of the game is that some shots are more powerful and over-powered compared to others. E.g., the flick/glance shot or square drive (through Point or Cover Point) reach the boundary easily. On the other hand shots like straight drives or cover drives through Cover or Exra Cover region aren't as powerful and i seldom manage to hit boundaries using these shots. Now if I decrease the shot power to reduce the number of easy leg side boundaries then I won't be able to hit boundaries in other areas.

Maybe along with reducing the shot power, Big Ant can also look at calibrating power for all the shots - both front & back foot ones - to make sure that a well timed shot (say cover or straight drive or a pull/hook) is as powerful as a front or back foot glance/flick.

Last edited:
@WealeyH hiw is running between wickets ? Still can v start a run and complete it after the deep fielder throw the ball?? Does stamina play any role in running between wickets ? Like more you run, the speed of running decreases as the stamina goes down or your shot power is reduced as the stamina goes down.

Jesus, I think I’m going to halt posting stuff for a bit.

Guys honestly, some of the chat is ridiculous for a patch.

Listen, I bowl a good ball and Marsh drove me into the stands. I bowled a bad ball and he flicked me away.

I bowled another good ball and he worked it for a single. I bowled another good ball and he nicked it for four.

It’s a GAME some of it has to be a lil pre determined. All games are. Fifa is crazily scripted.

Why does there need to be an edge slider? You misstime it or have dodgy foot work and sometimes you nick it. Sometimes you don’t. I don’t see why it has to go into so much detail.

People moaning there’s no edges, now people saying if too many tone it done.

To me it’s ideal, I don’t Edge it if my input is perfect across the board and sometimes I edge it if it’s not right. I don’t then analyse it for half an hour after I press X and get on with the next ball. Either counting my lucky stars that it’s gone for four or disgusted with my self that I’m out.

If that Australia innings had been on TV there were maybe 2-3 times were it didnt look realistic.

Good balls have to be punished the AI needs to be able to smash ALL balls. Otherwise you would just keep bowling that same ball to stop them.

It makes no difference HUD on or off for me. Played too many hours constantly bowling my input is normally always ideal. Before update AI couldn’t get over 150.

It’s a fantastic simulation of cricket at the moment. People just need to enjoy it all. Way to much analysing going on.

@Dutch @Llewelynf help a brother out!!

It’s a GAME some of it has to be a lil pre determined. All games are. Fifa is crazily scripted.

Why does there need to be an edge slider? You misstime it or have dodgy foot work and sometimes you nick it. Sometimes you don’t. I don’t see why it has to go into so much detail.

People moaning there’s no edges, now people saying if too many tone it done.
Big Ant have really spoiled us and made us too demanding it seems. It is all BA's fault!

Users who are viewing this thread