Ashes Cricket General Discussion

For the people that care, snowed in today, so will do an ODI.

I’ll let you know how it goes on this build.

Straight out the gate, I think the new ball effect in ODI’s is too much.

How the lofted shots now working,
I mean it's still only timing based or
Line length , batsman confidence , match situation etc. Comes into play.

Been off here for a while but really loving these updates over the last few days or so. I've skipped AC so far because of the PC price, but after spending 1800 hours on the two DBC games combined, the idea of one of these games actually being taken up to the level it should be in the first place is still an exciting one. Looking forward to keeping an eye on all the new developments anyway. Thanks to those of you who are working so hard to improve the game and make it feel like a more realistic experience, even if it really should have been done months ago by the developers anyway...but there we go. Thanks anyway. :)

Ok so here we go...

F81FE2F7-3DA3-4E45-B54C-E68F5905955F.jpeg 5E401062-9FE8-47D1-B8DC-3414A13F6D1A.jpeg
D648AA8A-956A-4A8B-8504-969AB641D628.jpeg

Carnage!!!

Warner and Finch came out absolutely flying!!!! Destroyed me in the power play.

Lost a couple of wickets and Smith just played carefully, at one point he was 21* (51)

He then started to up it once he got confident and the Marsh ruined any bowling confidence I had. It was savage!!

Got a lovely leading edge an bowled to an in ducker..

Innings management was spot on, they threw the kitchen sink at me at the end!!!

@Dutch @Llewelynf @grkrama @Langeveldt (mentalities)

Ok so here we go...

View attachment 206207 View attachment 206206
View attachment 206205

Carnage!!!

Lost a couple of wickets and Smith just played carefully, at one point he was 21* (51)

He then started to up it once he got confident and the Marsh ruined any bowling confidence I had. It was savage!!

Was the final ball smashing evident?

Ok so here we go...

View attachment 206205

Carnage!!!

Veteran, Hard?

Well no, they were smashing all the balls ha..

But no..

Some other questions then:

Any catches on the rope? I find currently if they hit it in the air deep it's a 6 almost 100% of the time, even with Shot Force at 0.

Did you ever experience any "cheat" boundaries? Eg. Perfectly bowled yorker that somehow gets 'prod-shotted' over third man for six.

How did you feel the AI responded to variations? At the moment I feel slower balls are almost completely pointless, I don't think I've ever seen one mistimed and skew straight up in the air or to a fielder (or missed completely).

Well no, they were smashing all the balls ha..

But no..
How was the slog phase out of balls that deserved hitting or even good balls were slogged?

Was bowling to the field set there or AI played wherever they wanted like that ball was meant for 4 regardless how it was bowled?

How was the slog phase out of balls that deserved hitting or even good balls were slogged?

Was bowling to the field set there or AI played wherever they wanted like that ball was meant for 4 regardless how it was bowled?

I dunno, your looking fat too into it.

There were no balls that went to place that I thought how was it hit there. I don’t even have bowling HUD on. People get obsessed with it.

Anyway bowling perfect perfect is far too easy.

Good balls get dispatched in ODI’s and that’s how it has to be otherwise they would never score.

Good batting pitch and I got wacked!!

I dunno, your looking fat too into it.

There were no balls that went to place that I thought how was it hit there. I don’t even have bowling HUD on. People get obsessed with it.

Anyway bowling perfect perfect is far too easy.

Good balls get dispatched in ODI’s and that’s how it has to be otherwise they would never score.

Good batting pitch and I got wacked!!
I was talking about good line and length ball getting whacked for god knows what reasons , thats the feel I get when AI smacks out of no where even in tests...

Good balls get dispatched , yes but the shot it is executed with MATTERS, thats all I was asking...Personally cannot accept if an awful animation comes into play for the AI to score some runs...If driven on the up, if dabbed but hit off middle of the bat and go for four..Would love that even if it is me getting hit..Going for runs just to make the game interesting shouldnt be the motive , thats my opinion...Right shots being played and getting hit for runs I totally agree with that...

Also perfect perfect in HUD isnt something I always go for but vary length and pace with the meter and it definitely helps...I bowl with a plan in mind but AI always has plans to make me shut the game unfortunately..

PS. Even now closed the game since AI spinner kept on bowling that seam up delivery which grips and stops after pitching , takes edges, dips at batsman and that makes the game frustrating..Even when pitch gives spin and good flight gets AI wickets still they keep on bowling that stupid delivery..

Ok so here we go...

View attachment 206205

Carnage!!!

Thanks mate for the updates and the work you guys are doing.

I was talking about good line and length ball getting whacked for god knows what reasons , thats the feel I get when AI smacks out of no where even in tests...

Good balls get dispatched , yes but the shot it is executed with MATTERS, thats all I was asking...Personally cannot accept if an awful animation comes into play for the AI to score some runs...If driven on the up, if dabbed but hit off middle of the bat and go for four..Would love that even if it is me getting hit..Going for runs just to make the game interesting shouldnt be the motive , thats my opinion...Right shots being played and getting hit for runs I totally agree with that...

Also perfect perfect in HUD isnt something I always go for but vary length and pace with the meter and it definitely helps...I bowl with a plan in mind but AI always has plans to make me shut the game unfortunately..

PS. Even now closed the game since AI spinner kept on bowling that seam up delivery which grips and stops after pitching , takes edges, dips at batsman and that makes the game frustrating..Even when pitch gives spin and good flight gets AI wickets still they keep on bowling that stupid delivery..

You closed the game because the AI kept bowling a certain delivery that gets you out!?

Just batted first 10...

I’m 59/2

20 of those runs coming off the edge from flashing drives racing down to third man.

My only issue and @grkrama will be pleased I agree is that sixes maybe are now a little too hard to hit!

Timing it is an absolute bitch in general atm!
Is there a difference in how timing works in the new patch?

Users who are viewing this thread