Ashes Cricket General Discussion

tbf, they don't not really.

i think the point is not only about visual movement, but movement resulting in being harder to play (for humans and AI).

specifically with relation to swing, i'd also like control to be important. when it's swinging a lot, it's harder to control. the best ones like jimmy keep it accurate, whereas the lesser bowlers struggle for accuracy. natural variation is important too. at the moment if it's swinging it swings the same. what you want is balls swinging more or less due to natural variation

I don’t have to tell you about me and pitches haha!

I have 5 days worth of settings, but that's just me. I incrementally turn up stuff like spin, friction etc so the pitch is harder to bat on as the game goes on.

I don't do it every game, as some matches the pitch is just batter friendly regardless, but if it's a bowler's wicket, I make sure the pitch gets better as the game goes on.

It also makes the coin toss a lot more important. A few times I've won the toss and elected to bat on a horrible pitch purely to avoid batting last.

How do you want that to be produced, once you learn how to do it, you would just keep doing it?

Nop , let me clarify if your bowler have 80+ outswing rating and the pitch is flat and conditions are not good for swing bowling , So if you bowl an outswinger with the brand new ball there is a 30% chance that it won't swing at all or very less if there is and some will swing a bit more (talking about variation in swing amount), the other thing is there shall be some minor chance that the one off ball will swing massively resulting in play n miss or edge depending upon the bowlers skill. And on bowling friendly conditions the chance for that magic delivery will rises so the chance of that magic delivery is a combination of bowlers skills and pitch conditions.

tbf, they don't not really.

i think the point is not only about visual movement, but movement resulting in being harder to play (for humans and AI).

specifically with relation to swing, i'd also like control to be important. when it's swinging a lot, it's harder to control. the best ones like jimmy keep it accurate, whereas the lesser bowlers struggle for accuracy. natural variation is important too. at the moment if it's swinging it swings the same. what you want is balls swinging more or less due to natural variation

That would be just so epic in addition to the magic bowl.[DOUBLEPOST=1520254644][/DOUBLEPOST]The higher the swing amount the harder for the AI and Users to negotiate it , thats what missing in the game.

Nop , let me clarify if your bowler have 80+ outswing rating and the pitch is flat and conditions are not good for swing bowling , So if you bowl an outswinger with the brand new ball there is a 30% chance that it won't swing at all or very less if there is and some will swing a bit more (talking about variation in swing amount), the other thing is there shall be some minor chance that the one off ball will swing massively resulting in play n miss or edge depending upon the bowlers skill. And on bowling friendly conditions the chance for that magic delivery will rises so the chance of that magic delivery is a combination of bowlers skills and pitch conditions.

Again, I know what you mean, but I don’t know how you would implement this.

More to the point it’s very unlikely.

Plus sometimes when everything else is spot on I feel I do get those balls. The ones where the spinner pitches middle spins and hit top of off. Rare but amazing

I think I know how easy it is to implement (even franco can implement it from what we have chatted back in DBC17 days) the game pre-decide which bowl there will be the chance and the game can tell the delivery to have double the amount of movement bounce applied to it.

I think I know how easy it is to implement (even franco can implement it from what we have chatted back in DBC17 days) the game pre-decide which bowl there will be the chance and the game can tell the delivery to have double the amount of movement bounce applied to it.

So it’s just a predetermined special ball?

I wouldn’t get your hopes up

Haa anyone heard about a new patch on the horizon. I did email Ross at Big Ant but haven't had a reply yet
That’s expected!!!

So it’s just a predetermined special ball?

I wouldn’t get your hopes up

Chances and wkts in this game are also predetermined so it wouldn't be bad to have them with a magic special delivery. Atleast you will feel more rewarded.

I figured it is a known bug. When me and my friend first play a game online, that first playing session both kits are in whites (though the logos issue below is always the same). Any play session after that until the end of the games, the batting team always has some horrible glitchy kit on, like the one in the video. The kit only appears like that for the person NOT hosting. For the hosting player, everything looks normal.

It's the same for the logos as well. As you can see at the start of the video, the logo on the overview for Elgar is wrong as it isn't South Africa's logo. The logo on Elgar's head isn't right either. The logo for Sharma on his overlay is wrong, as is the logo on his shirt. Plus he has a blue square patch on his trousers. Again, it's just the visitor to the game it's a mess for, the Host is fine visually.

It is annoying, but I'm more here for the game play and enjoyment than to worry about it. If there is an easy fix, I'd go for it, but I've not found one. In a recent game we played between India and Pakistan, pre-game both myself and the host went into the Academy and downloaded the exact same version of India, the exact same version of Pakistan (both by @Llewelynf I'm pretty sure), the exact same version of two umpires, and the exact same version of Eden Gardens.

Still happened :)

It is a known Online Bug , that I have mentioned enough times before.

The whole Save File gets saved wrong when Saving and Exciting , meaning the receiver of the new Save File has all sorts of shortcomings , in the Logo , Names , and Pre-set fields division.

Chances and wkts in this game are also predetermined so it wouldn't be bad to have them with a magic special delivery. Atleast you will feel more rewarded.

How can you feel more rewarding when it’s another additional predetermined thing?

That’s just pot luck when the game decides to do it for you?

I get what your saying though, just can’t see the time being spent on it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread