Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Ok so thats the settings which is gonna be set for Buttler...Was very much like how he plays...

Ok guys @Langeveldt @wasteyouryouth inparticular...

View attachment 206304
Set Cook up at 73 overall with terrible Glance and Defence attributes. Random decisions.

View attachment 206303

Vince 73 but I dropped his footwork massively...

He then got bowled playing a similar shot....
Swap the Batting Styles and see if they make the same mistakes.

I'm not trying to prove you wrong or prove that my opinion is right. I'd much rather it be the case that individual attributes did matter, at least some anyway even if not all.

Reactions: Pat
Very promising Wealey. Swap the batting styles and give them a hit. Or push for me to be on the beta team ...

@WealeyH can you stress the developers to have separate attributes for outswing/inswing and offcutter/legcutter that would bring much needed immersion to the game and I don't think that it will be harder to implement as well

Excellent comments going on right now, and encouraging work on attributes and their impact. That is awesome.

Gotta interject here on a similar line of discussion to the post I've quoted, not to make any patch related wishlist, but more just to get this off my chest lol

I'm getting really fed up with Spinners who can just make the ball turn at a right angle either direction off the pitch. As I'm playing the Ashes still, Lyon is a ridiculous example, but all other Spinners can bowl a wrong un/Doosra at will. That's just ridiculous.

I came across an Indian off spinner the other day, and when pressing R3 on PS4 to bring up his mini-player card, his weakness was his stock ball, and his strength was his wrong un. So.....he's actually a leg spinner then?!

Considering how hard it is to bowl an effective doosra, the fact that a) anyone can do it by default and b) loads of guys can rip it just as much as their stock ball is just wrong. Joe Root is a spinner, but I'm 99% certain the wrong un isn't in his skill set. It's also much harder to bowl that type of delivery as a finger spinner, but any rank amateur finger spinner can twirl away!

I may or may not be annoyed that I'm 139-6 in my decisive 5th test and Nathan Lyon looks like the love child of Jim Laker and Shane Warne.....but my point still stands!

[/rant]

Carry on....

Excellent comments going on right now, and encouraging work on attributes and their impact. That is awesome.

Gotta interject here on a similar line of discussion to the post I've quoted, not to make any patch related wishlist, but more just to get this off my chest lol

I'm getting really fed up with Spinners who can just make the ball turn at a right angle either direction off the pitch. As I'm playing the Ashes still, Lyon is a ridiculous example, but all other Spinners can bowl a wrong un/Doosra at will. That's just ridiculous.

I came across an Indian off spinner the other day, and when pressing R3 on PS4 to bring up his mini-player card, his weakness was his stock ball, and his strength was his wrong un. So.....he's actually a leg spinner then?!

Considering how hard it is to bowl an effective doosra, the fact that a) anyone can do it by default and b) loads of guys can rip it just as much as their stock ball is just wrong. Joe Root is a spinner, but I'm 99% certain the wrong un isn't in his skill set. It's also much harder to bowl that type of delivery as a finger spinner, but any rank amateur finger spinner can twirl away!

I may or may not be annoyed that I'm 139-6 in my decisive 5th test and Nathan Lyon looks like the love child of Jim Laker and Shane Warne.....but my point still stands!

[/rant]

Carry on....
A lot of time the one that goes the other way could well be the top spinner. Either way there are too many of them. Hopefully it's been sorted.

Like what I’m hearing and eagerly anticipating the next patch.

Hopefully with the broader gameplay aspects fixed BA can focus - in future iterations - on the little things like having more stats appear on the screen or a bouncer hitting a batsmen having an effect rather than the batsmen just standing there and, my biggest gripe, the regular one-handed catches.

Do the pitches actually do something in this patch cause I would like to see low bounce and rough and big cracks
Also have different outfields fast and slow ones
Catching more realistic catches and less one hand catches
Can we decide where we put our best fielders to field
Will the the academy get a update or improvement

Last edited:
@WealeyH Considering that the last beta update was around a week ago, it seems a lot was fixed and perfected in the current build. Now, we’ve learnt about the things that’ve been ticked off the list, but I’d like to know what else are you testers still not satisfied with in the current build.

It’d be great if you could throw some light. Thanks.

Great to hear that the batting is harder for the new patch. Is there any news on back foot leaves? I hate playing a front foot leave to a short ball.

Hopefully you can able to duck or fend in the new patch
It would be good if all the shot selection are fixed example late cut and ramp shot
Hopefully bowling has improved with reverse swing and yorkers
Can you advance and block the spinners

Hopefully you can able to duck or fend in the new patch
It would be good if all the shot selection are fixed example late cut and ramp shot
Hopefully bowling has improved with reverse swing and yorkers
Can you advance and block the spinners
I have seen my player duck before, but the option to drop the hands and sway would be good, just like in DBC17.
Back foot cuts to spinners needs to be improved as well, there's been a few times my player has played a cut shot as if it's to a pace bowler, DBC17 never had this problem

My only concern from a gameplay perspective is the value of moving ball be it swing/seam or spin , you don't feel rewarded when you bowl a massive in dipper because you can do it every 2nd ball and almost every bowler in your team can move it in the air and off the pitch both ways ,and also the batsmen easily negotiate them as if it is a gun barrel straight ball , and some times you do get bowled/LBW on a similar delivery , that just feels random to be honest , if they had separate attributes for swing and seam bowling and your normal swing /seam delivery just moves ever so slightly just to be able to get noticed visually and the odd magic special delivery behaves what its now for every other ball resulting in playnmiss or chances would make the bowling thoroughly enjoying and rewarding.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread