Ashes Cricket General Discussion

If you give me a set up to test, I’ll do it this weekend and see how it goes on this current build...

I normally play with all sliders default and pace sliders on 70 max and min. Perhaps see if mentalities play a part in limited overs cricket?

I don't know.. Either the shot attributes matter or they don't. Maybe you could play around with say sweep skills and cut and drive skills and just see if you notice any difference, and raise it if there is none with big ant. I mean the sliders are there, they should do something, right?

I normally play with all sliders default and pace sliders on 70 max and min. Perhaps see if mentalities play a part in limited overs cricket?

I don't know.. Either the shot attributes matter or they don't. Maybe you could play around with say sweep skills and cut and drive skills and just see if you notice any difference, and raise it if there is none with big ant. I mean the sliders are there, they should do something, right?

I’ll think of something and post it later...

What I do definitely get now, is a sense of once you get into the tail you get the feeling here we go I can run through them...

It should incorporate players rated the same (BAT rating) but with those points allocated differently. That's what I tried to do and led me to think there's nothing going on with individual batting attributes.

Stoneman, on my game, is considerably lower than Warner in terms of batting rating so it would not suprise me to see him playing and missing or edging more whether he had a lower, equal or higher drive attributes.

Additionally, there is the fact that how the batting/bowling ratings are calculated varies from player to player (usually licensed & new vs old on disk players) so the attributes themselves would need to match if comparing two players that fall into different 'categories'. Some players, the old on disk players, also still retain some BAT rating even with zero attributes.

Let’s not over complicate stuff,

We just want to bowl to plans..

So a batsmen who is poor at driving stick it out side off get him driving etc.

Ultimately whatever you can change in a slider or a menu should have an effect in-game. Everything, without exception. I think that's the message I'd want to convey for this patch. Seems you guys are on it anyway.

I don't think it's overcomplicating to ask: is Stoneman edging on the drive more because he has a lower drive attribute or just generally a lower BAT rating?

Yeah which is what I said....

It common sense that it’s irelevan if one batsmen is rated 92 and the other is 65 for batting.

Two batsmen rated 92 one terrible at driving one very good.

If it can be tweaked I’ll try get it tweaked.

If it requires an overhaul of how it all works. It won’t happen

It common sense that it’s irelevan if one batsmen is rated 92 and the other is 65 for batting.

It doesn't bother me. Even looking at the batting attributes, without testing them, I struggle to see how they can really relate to what a player does in game. At least on DBC 14 the attributes could, to my mind, be seen to represent what a batsman can do at the crease (whether they worked or not, I dunno!).

A variation of batsman based on bat rating and mentality is all I'm expecting/hoping to see. Although, apart from the end of overs slogs I think I've seen them anyway and it's good to hear that they have been reduced.

Any news on odi.. how is it playing? How are AI field changes? Any inputs would be great

One quick question which I actually wondered about back when DBC 17 came out with the new attributes, even if it's taken until now for them to finally matter. Will the AI batsman/bowler take into account their own strengths and weaknesses? So for example, if a player is weak on the drive or something, would the AI know to play that shot a lower percentage of the time and play to their strengths, though still using it from time to time if it was clearly the right shot? Or is that going into way too much detail? It would also apply to bowlers avoiding trying to bowl deliveries they're not suited to, I guess?

Can I ask the great batsman on here what footwork do u use as the bowlers are running in
Are u on the front foot (like I am)or do u have the left stick in a neutral position ?
Trying to improve my batting so looking for some tips

Yes I was asking for batting experience. For the 2 settings with AI difficulty set to "legend" for both .

Again

Is there any difference for Batting experience between the below 2 settings

AI difficulty- legend
Batting level - *HARD*
Batting Modifier - on
All Batting modifier - 75

AI difficulty- legend
Batting level - * easiest*
Batting Modifier - on
All Batting modifier - 75

In the current setup on PS4
Easiest level with the above setting has more shot Power than hard level

I don't think there should be any difference between the two as they are the same settings. My understanding is that once you enable the modifiers for batting, the default batting difficulty (Easiest or Hard in this case) is over-written by the modifiers. The game will simply interpret batting modifiers at 75 in both cases and thus the gameplay should be the same.

Users who are viewing this thread