Ashes Cricket General Discussion

View attachment 207668

Gents this is so so enjoyable, I’m going to need a miracle to win it but it’s been a cricket simulation throughout.

I normally get bored batting but have been thoroughly immersed through the whole match.

It’s such a fine line between success and failure on this pitch. Loads of edges but they don’t always result in wickets and that’s why it’s so fun...

Things such as Khawaja driving and the ball going between 2nd and 4th slip.

Or March sweeping getting a top edge and hitting his shoulder and looping over the keeper.

Marsh sweeping Maharaj for 4 then trying it the next ball but it’s a bit slow and a tad wider spins back and clips the bails.

These things just wernt there in other games and it makes it so exciting.

Edges seem really legitimate, morkel bowls full full I drive drive he then bowls one short of a length I try my luck ball gets big and i nick it over the slip. The fact you get runs for it you can’t help but sit and smile and and knuckle down for the next ball.

I’m bigging it up but rightly so..

@Llewelynf how you finding it..

Oh ps: your comfy, then this happens to ur star man..

Personally I'm not such a fan of that dismissal where the ball rolls off the body slowly onto the stumps. Seen it a few too many times.

Looks like a fun test match though.

View attachment 207668

Gents this is so so enjoyable, I’m going to need a miracle to win it but it’s been a cricket simulation throughout.

I normally get bored batting but have been thoroughly immersed through the whole match.

It’s such a fine line between success and failure on this pitch. Loads of edges but they don’t always result in wickets and that’s why it’s so fun...

Or March sweeping getting a top edge and hitting his shoulder and looping over the keeper.

Marsh sweeping Maharaj for 4 then trying it the next ball but it’s a bit slow and a tad wider spins back and clips the bails.

Edges seem really legitimate, morkel bowls full full I drive drive he then bowls one short of a length I try my luck ball gets big and i nick it over the slip. The fact you get runs for it you can’t help but sit and smile and and knuckle down for the next ball.

Now its really hard for us to wait... :(

Personally I'm not such a fan of that dismissal where the ball rolls off the body slowly onto the stumps. Seen it a few too many times.

Looks like a fun test match though.

Only had it once in 100 hours so for me it was a lovely variation.

Was early and kept low

spinners are a pain now!

I played a 50 over match today, I was 214/4 after 37 overs until rain ended the innings and the revised total to chase down was 240 from 30 overs which seemed a bit excessive to me (8rpo straight from the off!)

Also, one bowler still bowled his full allocated 10 overs when i'm pretty sure the limit should have been 6 overs per bowler.

I'm still very much enjoying the game though and for me, batting is still a challenge even on medium settings.

View attachment 207668

Gonna give an update on my test a bit later. Having a cracker on a green mamba

I played a 50 over match today, I was 214/4 after 37 overs until rain ended the innings and the revised total to chase down was 240 from 30 overs which seemed a bit excessive to me (8rpo straight from the off!)

Also, one bowler still bowled his full allocated 10 overs when i'm pretty sure the limit should have been 6 overs per bowler.

I'm still very much enjoying the game though and for me, batting is still a challenge even on medium settings.
i've had similar, pretty certain i reported it

View attachment 207668

Looks like Khawaja's wicket will be the key. But SA clear favorites like in the real world.
What difficulty is this on? And is there any difference between Pro, Veteran and Legend in the new build?

Last edited by a moderator:
All the updates regarding the new build sound great. Just one thing. Has the career mode problem wherein the career player suddenly jumps to 85+ rating after getting selected for county been resolved? Career mode is redundant with this issue.

Rain?? I didn't think rain was in Ashes Cricket?

Users who are viewing this thread