Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Seriously looking forward to the patch after seeing and listening to all the posts here.
@WealeyH and @Dutch and other beta testers thanks for keeping our hopes up and running. The hope of playing Ashes Cricket again!

Anybody know whether the following bugs have been fixed in this future patch?

1. Game crashing at times in the stadium creator section.

2. When you play a D/N match it wasn't becoming night time at 9pm but was still light. You had to save the game & then go back into it.

I'm concerned they've improved the gameplay but not bugs like these. Hope I'm proved wrong.

Yes. I am getting varied edges across the board. Batting now for me is honestly superb. I am currently playing a test match on a tough green pitch. I am 36/4. AI only made 92. Gonna be fun.
how did you got them out for 92.

Online matches after continuing seems to mess up the logos on the kits and this one had a clown :p playing as well. It was a coop game with @funnyadit which was a ODI game having a several break but for him apart from team logos the kits were all fine.

CADF6EF16CC0B4AB5FE00163C4893C4DAFC55070

Online matches after continuing seems to mess up the logos on the kits and this one had a clown :p playing as well. It was a coop game with @funnyadit which was a ODI game having a several break but for him apart from team logos the kits were all fine.

WHY SO SERIOUS?

What's so weird is that it seems to be combining the two kits as well. Absolutely no idea what that logo on the face is either.[DOUBLEPOST=1522685934][/DOUBLEPOST]Yo @Bigby Wolf is the clown face player Chanderpaul? Because I can explain it if it is.

What's so weird is that it seems to be combining the two kits as well. Absolutely no idea what that logo on the face is either.[DOUBLEPOST=1522685934][/DOUBLEPOST]Yo @Bigby Wolf is the clown face player Chanderpaul? Because I can explain it if it is.
Yes I think so the teams used were yours 05s SL and WI and also I had disable steam cloud save so that could be the reason for it not sure though.

Yes I think so the teams used were yours 05s SL and WI and also I had disable steam cloud save so that could be the reason for it not sure though.

Yeah, so it seems like what is happening is the game is just loading the wrong logos and putting them at the same positions/sizes where the proper ones should be. The reason Chanderpaul has a clown face is that my version of him has a custom logo on his face to make his sponsored face-paint. You can also see on the sleeve closest to us is one of @Llewelynf's or @wasteyouryouth's kit templates but very small, whereas there should just be a sponsorship logo there.

Maybe @MattW can look into it more.

Yeah, so it seems like what is happening is the game is just loading the wrong logos and putting them at the same positions/sizes where the proper ones should be. The reason Chanderpaul has a clown face is that my version of him has a custom logo on his face to make his sponsored face-paint. You can also see on the sleeve closest to us is one of @Llewelynf's or @wasteyouryouth's kit templates but very small, whereas there should just be a sponsorship logo there.

Maybe @MattW can look into it more.
Here's my theory. The games read the logos according to position once downloaded. So in order for them to be right both players need to download the same teams in the same order. This placing logos in the same slot

This may be the wrong place to ask this, If so admins/mods please move/delete.

I'm wondering which game dbc14/dbc16/ashes17 would be best to introduce my friend to..(Xbox one)

I myself mostly played dbc14 offline/online. I have played all three but mostly offline with 17/ashes. I know ashes is getting worked on atm..
I'm thinking price wise to introduce my friend best would be DBC14 then if he likes it buy the newer one.
We will probably play mostly online v eachother. Which has the best/smooth'ish online experience? Thanks

Last edited:

Maybe the clown logos are correct. I know when I'm watching England lose another Test, I've thought: why the heck did that clown play that shot?

Users who are viewing this thread