Ashes Cricket General Discussion

You need to unshare the edited logo first, then reshare it and it will be fixed. When copying shared logo it always does this.
Thank you for your help again. I know it must have been asked before, it's just difficult to locate an answer amongst the hundreds of pages.

God, this place have died. Where you all at? Beta people must be busy with their super awesome latest biuld :spy

Silence before the storm. As we get closer to the D Day, they will release some high level patch notes. Hope there are some pleasant surprises :cheers

I have a couple questions mainly directed at anyone in the Beta team or some long time players of the game. Basically anyone who really knows the game.

1: When bowling do you only press l1/r1 once to alter length or multiple times to alter length even further ?
Once I believe

2: Do you press the above during type of delivery selection or during the bowlers run up ?
During run up

3: When bowling cutters, how do you position the seam ? I get the outswing to a right hander is 11 o clock an inswinger 1 o clock but what about cutters ?
I do the same for cutters as swing with variations

4: When the ball is older does it actually reverse swing ? So you bowl an outswinger when you want to swing it in correct ? and it actually does that ?

I have noticed swing happening around 35 and 65 overs

5: I've noticed Wealey for example has the pace set up like 70-80, is that the general consensus ? Do most of you have it set up like that ? or default ?

I have mine on default

I teach in Morocco so no Easter break for me. Been teaching non stop all this time.
Wow, that sounds terribly exotic. I hope you are teaching cricket as a major part of the syllabus. You can crowbar cricket into most subjects:
Maths: averages, required run rates
Advanced maths/quantum mechanics: Duckworth Lewis Stern
Physics: reverse swing, ballistics
Geography: of any cricket-playing nation
Politics: ICC
Economics: IPL
Languages: Cricket terminology and its etymology
Art: leg spin
History: Wisden
Chemistry: the role of suberin in the construction of a cricket ball
Craft & Design: Effect of sandpaper on leather
Theology: Geoffrey Boycott

I'd be interested to know how much cricket you cram in to the average week of teaching. I'm sure it goes down a storm in Morocco.

something weird had the ipl sides downloaded from last year clicked on get best and went back to the default indian teams.Had a problem with too many stadiums so deleted some but still got the default team.Managed to d/l them individually as custom teams and created a custom tournament from there.

1: When bowling do you only press l1/r1 once to alter length or multiple times to alter length even further ?
Once I believe

2: Do you press the above during type of delivery selection or during the bowlers run up ?
During run up

3: When bowling cutters, how do you position the seam ? I get the outswing to a right hander is 11 o clock an inswinger 1 o clock but what about cutters ?
I do the same for cutters as swing with variations

4: When the ball is older does it actually reverse swing ? So you bowl an outswinger when you want to swing it in correct ? and it actually does that ?

I have noticed swing happening around 35 and 65 overs

5: I've noticed Wealey for example has the pace set up like 70-80, is that the general consensus ? Do most of you have it set up like that ? or default ?

I have mine on default

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread