Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Doesn't keeping a 3rd man help? In stopping the boundaries atleast. Going between 1st and keeper never happened to me.
I would need to put the fielder on the boundary almost directly behind the keeper. It's essentially a straight drive in the opposite direction.

I would need to put the fielder on the boundary almost directly behind the keeper. It's essentially a straight drive in the opposite direction.
Video of this shot would be more useful..

Doesn't the keeper attempt to catch it? My keeper can almost cover till 2nd slip :p.

I have no idea how to do that sorry.[DOUBLEPOST=1525080170][/DOUBLEPOST]
The keeper can get his hands to it about 10% of the time. Other than that, he or the slip fielder won't move.
Yeah is a known issue and is being looked at. But is it an actual shot the batsman makes or a short ball going for four? Can you at least describe the shot?

Yeah is a known issue and is being looked at. But is it an actual shot the batsman makes or a short ball going for four? Can you at least describe the shot?
Consider it the latest possible time a cut shot can be made. The batsmen is pretty much hitting the ball out of the keeper's gloves. It happens against spin bowlers more than pace bowlers.[DOUBLEPOST=1525080626][/DOUBLEPOST]
If on PS4 then use

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/share/videoclip.html

On PC then use Bandicam software..

He said shot is played , not the short ball, thats why asked for video..
I'm on Xbox One.

i had a lot of the short balls going for 4, even on a soft pitch. Think i had 5 instances of 4 byes (20 runs in total, me bowling), and the AI (me batting) had 3 or 4 instances of 4 byes and 1 wide of 5 wides.[DOUBLEPOST=1525082718][/DOUBLEPOST]On the subject of byes, i've noticed it doesn't award the leg byes if it hits you but you didn't play a shot - nice to see that rule being respected

i had a lot of the short balls going for 4, even on a soft pitch. Think i had 5 instances of 4 byes (20 runs in total, me bowling), and the AI (me batting) had 3 or 4 instances of 4 byes and 1 wide of 5 wides.
Yeah the short ball is a prob. It has been noted and hopefully the wicketkeeper can be more pro active. Whilst bowling it can help to put the slip and wk back.

Yeah the short ball is a prob. It has been noted and hopefully the wicketkeeper can be more pro active. Whilst bowling it can help to put the slip and wk back.

yeah - i did for a while, but the soft pitch meant everything was reaching him on the bounce, so i went back to normal and was a bit more careful in use of the short ball. (keeper had good wkt keeper stats, if it helps)

i had a lot of the short balls going for 4, even on a soft pitch. Think i had 5 instances of 4 byes (20 runs in total, me bowling), and the AI (me batting) had 3 or 4 instances of 4 byes and 1 wide of 5 wides.[DOUBLEPOST=1525082718][/DOUBLEPOST]On the subject of byes, i've noticed it doesn't award the leg byes if it hits you but you didn't play a shot - nice to see that rule being respected

I mentioned the short ball issue a few times, oddly others weren’t seeing it, it’s better than it was but some just sail!

I mentioned the short ball issue a few times, oddly others weren’t seeing it, it’s better than it was but some just sail!

was it dbc17, i think at release it was almost impossible to bowl a short ball, certainly on hard pitches... this is obviously nowhere on that scale, and it was definitely only ones that weren't so well directed.

Yeah exactly the same issue happening in test matches for me .short ball wides on legside going to boundaries as extra 5 runs once or twice in every couple of overs. Wicketkeeper not even diving to his left to stop the ball from reaching boundary .

It's been to and fro in beta a bunch of times between wides / byes and soft / infrequent bouncers.

IIRC Matt got rid of the byes / wides at one point, but then the bouncers were either a bit low and soft or too infrequent. But fixing the bouncers brought back some wides / byes, and so on.

Suspect it's really difficult to balance, especially across different difficulties / stats / mentalities.

Users who are viewing this thread