Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Hello. Can anyone please help me with controlling the line while bowling? Whenever I select off side or leg side, its a big wide. Any tips?
The line you choose on the right stick should be quite subtle....no more than one or 11 o clock to start with depending on whether you are going over or round the wicket and how wide your run up starting point is....try bowling from a wide angle with a 12 o clock stick to get used to things.....should land on the stumps.

Hi everybody

Please can I get some help re: spin bowling.

I’m on PS4 and am taking some great wickets with pace. I’ve been pitching the ball up a bit more and been rewarded with a variety of dismissals but I really struggle to have any effect with spin. Liam Dawson has about 1-350 in my custom Test League and Crane went wicketless on debut. Rashid and even Malan have got me a few but Rashid has bowled plenty of wicketless overs. I’m using the new controls so am I actually putting revs on the deliveries?

Should I only use spinners after 50 overs or in the second innings?

Will my left-armer likely be more threat over or around the wicket to right-handers? I seem to beat the bat more from over but never get an edge or hit the stumps, usually bowling a good length.

I’ve tried flighting, effort ball and mixing it up and had the odd moment/wickets but any tips on taking more wickets via spin would be welcome.

Many thanks

BTW if anyone was wondering what the demographic of this forum is, my Youtube channel gives a pretty good idea. :lol

iIC9gCs.png

Not sure how to explain the below scorecard in a ODI. The game was simulated. Don’t know why Aus dint bat the full 50 overs. Yet they managed 600+ in 33 overs

you might like to check whether the player's attributes in your downloaded Australia team, are all maxed out. looks like one of such case!

Can they fix the AI batsmen constantly hitting boundaries that either go through the wicket keeper or between keeper and 1st slip?

Can they fix the AI batsmen constantly hitting boundaries that either go through the wicket keeper or between keeper and 1st slip?
Doesn't keeping a 3rd man help? In stopping the boundaries atleast. Going between 1st and keeper never happened to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread