Ashes Cricket General Discussion

It's been to and fro in beta a bunch of times between wides / byes and soft / infrequent bouncers.

IIRC Matt got rid of the byes / wides at one point, but then the bouncers were either a bit low and soft or too infrequent. But fixing the bouncers brought back some wides / byes, and so on.

Suspect it's really difficult to balance, especially across different difficulties / stats / mentalities.

I never had an issue unless the bowler was a brute.

The issue that popped up for me was bowl a bouncer and it would just sail for byes

ya i would say its one of the most mentioned issue in beta too from time to time, often we have gone to and fro with it, think the latest getting swing back had made the issue become more.
getting some big overs at times.

Is any one else having touble with the AI running between the wickets?
Either only one takes off and they both get stuck at the same end, or they get stuck running back and forth in the middle. It's happening to me every match.
Just had this one happen to me, had to quit and re-enter.

And in this one, I reakon the fielder to the left could of taken a dive to stop the ball going for a boundry.
I've got fielding set to semi assist, the guy on the left was selected, but just before the ball got to him the game changed the selected player to the guy on the right.

I'm loving the new patch, it's just these little bugs and quirks that frustrate me at times.

Also sorry for the poor quality cell phone footage

Did all the hardwork ... cant believe it all turned so bad so fast

Attachments

• 15250898048481032909143701665065.jpg
    15250898048481032909143701665065.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 44
  • 15250898407888084826198221770294.jpg
    15250898407888084826198221770294.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 41
Yeah exactly the same issue happening in test matches for me .short ball wides on legside going to boundaries as extra 5 runs once or twice in every couple of overs. Wicketkeeper not even diving to his left to stop the ball from reaching boundary .

In Online , it basically happens on a certain line ball, heading slightly towards leg side , bit still well within keepers reach .

He will just stand there and watch the ball go past him .

Is any one else having touble with the AI running between the wickets?
Either only one takes off and they both get stuck at the same end, or they get stuck running back and forth in the middle. It's happening to me every match.
Just had this one happen to me, had to quit and re-enter.

Also sorry for the poor quality cell phone footage

As Ive mentioned elsewhere , the whole excercise of running between the wickets needs a look at .

• Batsman cannot return to crease via player input after missing a shot , hence cannot bat outside of the Crease anymore.
  • When Batsman plays a Backfoot shot , he sort of admires his shot , and then very slowly takes off, with the non striker halfway down the pitch already. Good idea, but needs a bit of tuning.
  • The well documented , Not sliding bat in when completing run
  • When cancelling a run , there is still instance where they take ages.
  • Sometimes batsman decides to do a weaving run , basically going back and forth from the current pitch to the next one in the effort to get himself run out. Nice touch to get of the "protected area?" but taken too far.

Lyon has had an absolute field day there!!
Yes he was absolutely unplayable ones he got 2 wickets or so. I guess i was mentally tired after my 130+ opening partnership as well. Just thought i could hit my self out of trouble. Thats not going to work with this patch

Hi all. Just started playing Ashes, had a break since DB14. Liking game so far, and while there are a couple of issues, I don't see as a major problem. On career and players do bowl wides, byes, etc. Bouncers do fly sometimes on hard wickets in real life, so why not in game. And they probably should happen more often than life as how many of you actually play a full 5 day test? A couple of things I have noticed: Players standing outside the crease and getting run out is annoying for one, especially when not even running!! I will no doubt post again once I have played a bit more and know the game better. But I don't agree with all the naysayers/haters who slate the game. Its as good as any other cricket game I've played and I think I've played nearly all of them.
I do wonder how much of an effect pitch/humidity etc actually have on bowling. Also regards seam position. To get a ball to swing the seam has to be a certain way, so this seem a bit superfluous tbh. I just have to see if it makes a difference over time.

Last edited:
Before I go to the effort of clipping this video of a dismissal against me, can someone offer an answer to:

1) are umpires programmed to give bad decisions, to account for human error?
2) is the third umpire programmed to do the same?

I don't mind variable decision making, it's more realistic, but if it's not been programmed in then the wicket against me just then was probably a bug :)

Before I go to the effort of clipping this video of a dismissal against me, can someone offer an answer to:

I don't mind variable decision making, it's more realistic, but if it's not been programmed in then the wicket against me just then was probably a bug :)
I believe that 1) on-field umpires are programmed to make the occasional wrong call to reflect human error and 2) 3rd umpire should overturn any wrong decision when called upon.

That said, it is known that umpires will give players out caught off pad (no bat involved) and on-field and third umpire don't call lbw's correctly in all cases (ball tracking shows the ball hitting in line but flags it as being outside the line). Overall, I don't think the umpiring and DRS implementation feels as solid as DBC14...others may disagree.

I believe that 1) on-field umpires are programmed to make the occasional wrong call to reflect human error and 2) 3rd umpire should overturn any wrong decision when called upon.

That said, it is known that umpires will give players out caught off pad (no bat involved) and on-field and third umpire don't call lbw's correctly in all cases (ball tracking shows the ball hitting in line but flags it as being outside the line). Overall, I don't think the umpiring and DRS implementation feels as solid as DBC14...others may disagree.

I haven't had any overturned decisions yet in Ashes. But I have had one impacting outside the line without a shot being played and yet upon review it was still not out due to impact outside. But that's a blue moon issue.

Users who are viewing this thread