Ashes Cricket General Discussion

I play with pitch markers on and ball trail, nothing else on. All modifiers on default.
Play late and go by the batting feedback till you get a hang of it. Pacers and medium pacers have a slight difference in timings but for spinners, you need to wait wait and wait.
Ah and I use standard controls.

Ah I have medium batting in the modifiers which is making it narrower. Ok I’ll turn that to default, time to learn for the third time. :lol

Hey guys while batting on procam the cam is tilting towards the left(regardless of the batsman) when the bowl is bowled. Is anyone else experiencing the issue? Or its a bug.
Please help.

Hey guys while batting on procam the cam is tilting towards the left(regardless of the batsman) when the bowl is bowled. Is anyone else experiencing the issue? Or its a bug.
Please help.
Its a bug that hopefully is getting tracked down. I believe saving and going back in resolves it

Its a bug that hopefully is getting tracked down. I believe saving and going back in resolves it
@Dutch yes I hope this gets tracked down and squashed too. Batting in Pro Cam has always been my preferred option but is fantastic with the new timing adjustments in the patch...the only major problem is this occasional issue with camera rotation (though I'd also like it to calm down a bit when you're the non-striker too).
The trouble with the exit and restart workaround is that it doesn't help the online community who don't have that option.

I too had a pretty terrible showing with the bat in my 2nd innings. Luckily when you have one of the best bowling attacks of all time, it doesn't really matter. ;)

Ws3LoVu.png

Bowling in this game is such a joy now. Plus Gayle's run-out was actually good! An attempted quick single but a direct hit with him just short, a great moment in the match and something I'd not seen before! Sarwan's was a little less good, wandering out of his crease after playing a shot. :lol Every other wicket was great: edges, bowleds, bat-pads, only a couple tail-enders holed out trying to slog which is realistic as well. Enjoyed all of it! :thumbs

I should probably try playing a bit less of a mismatch now though. :p

@Spoobir, I've just ripped through Pakistan with the latest patch. I've got some great clips of the wickets and I'll get them up when I have a chance to put them together. Realistic swing, realistic seam. It was absolutely devastating. Here's the card for now though:

ENG_v_PAK_1.jpg

Malan was at silly mid on, Root at gully, Cook at 1st slip and my created character Hero at 3rd slip. Tells you everything you need to know. Veteran, Hard bowling, custom sliders. Green pitch, hard, uneven, light cracks. 18 wickets fell on day 1 as I was all out for 229 and I cleaned up the other 2 early. One of the cool things was that although Shehzad carried his bat, at one point he was 35 off 35 and really going for it. Went away from the ring of fielders, put guys out and let him have 1. Really slowed him down. And with wickets falling, I just worked around him in the end.

ENG_v_PAK_2.jpg

Anderson was pretty poor to open the innings, with Shehzad having his way with him. Took him off for Finn and along with Broad they did early damage. Brought Anderson and Broad back on with 6 overs to go in the day and both bowlers got a double wicket maiden before the close of play!!

What I'm REALLY hoping for now is that my 2nd innings is an absolute grind. I want it to be a struggle to reach 200, as that'd give me what should surely be an impossible 300 lead on this pitch as we reach day 3. It's gonna take some application though as 5 of this Pakistan line up were out playing defensive shots!

What difficulty are you playing on mate? Also,have you ramped up the pace sliders ??
Its on pro and bowling hardest batting medium. Sliders as default[DOUBLEPOST=1525319194][/DOUBLEPOST]
Gutted! Looks like it was tough going!
Yes it want south very fast as lion started ripping it on 4th day. I got to come up with a plan to deal with lion. 2 - 0 down and things looking very realistic as it is the England team lol. Thats a cheap blow err

Has anyone observed difference in playing against Spinners (COM) and Pacers (COM) after latest patch. I was playing yesterday and against pacers I hardly maintain 6 rpo where as soon spinner came, almost every 2nd ball going to boundary. in the end, it was like 4 pacers total rpo was under 5.5 and 2 spinners accumulative rpo was 14 approx.
Difficulty level is Pro/Med/Med

Undoubtedly its great effort by BA team and thanks for that but i think AI level/timing difficulty playing against spinner (COM) need to re-adjust little bit.

Last edited:
Has anyone observed difference in playing against Spinners (COM) and Pacers (COM) after latest patch. I was playing yesterday and against pacers I hardly maintain 6 rpo where as soon spinner came, almost every 2nd ball going to boundary. in the end, it was like 4 pacers total rpo was under 5.5 and 2 spinners accumulative rpo was 14 approx.
Difficulty level is Pro/Med/Med

Undoubtedly its great effort by BA team and thanks for that but i think AI level/timing difficulty playing against spinner (COM) need to re-adjust little bit.

Are you talking about AI batting? What pitch type was it?
If it's AI bowling, I found it difficult batting against spinners. Hardest batting difficulty.

Reactions: Pat
i am talking about AI bowling specially if we play against spinner(COM/AI). i tried at medium and hard difficulty because at hardest level i hardly time shot or make any boundary (other then behind leg side) specially against fast bowlers.

mainly my point is, after latest patch if we compare our batting playing AGAINST AI pacers & AI spinners, balance is somewhat missing or might be i need more practice how to play fast bowlers.

another thing i noticed shots are still overpowered even with 0 shot force. some AI sixes look like start traveling after crossing the boundary :)

Users who are viewing this thread