Ashes Cricket General Discussion

i am talking about AI bowling specially if we play against spinner(COM/AI). i tried at medium and hard difficulty because at hardest level i hardly time shot or make any boundary (other then behind leg side) specially against fast bowlers.

mainly my point is, after latest patch if we compare our batting playing AGAINST AI pacers & AI spinners, balance is somewhat missing or might be i need more practice how to play fast bowlers.

another thing i noticed shots are still overpowered even with 0 shot force. some AI sixes look like start traveling after crossing the boundary :)
I felt batting against spinners were difficult compared to pacers. I guess it's to do with getting used to the timing difference.
Afaik shot force does not impact lofted shots. It only applies to grounded shots.

Last edited by a moderator:
i am talking about AI bowling specially if we play against spinner(COM/AI). i tried at medium and hard difficulty because at hardest level i hardly time shot or make any boundary (other then behind leg side) specially against fast bowlers.

mainly my point is, after latest patch if we compare our batting playing AGAINST AI pacers & AI spinners, balance is somewhat missing or might be i need more practice how to play fast bowlers.

another thing i noticed shots are still overpowered even with 0 shot force. some AI sixes look like start traveling after crossing the boundary :)

Try playing against a world class spinner like Narine or anyone else with a high rating. In my experience it is extremely tough facing good spinners on Hard / Veteran on a dusty wicket. This issue is compounded when playing online because human controlled spinners bowl such great varying lines / lengths / delivery types that is it isn't easy to score runs. I have had my Amit Mishra pick close to 20-25 wickets in 5-6 games I have played online since the patch. This is especially true when playing on a dusty wicket.

Oh NO is the runout bug back!! In my 3rd test and had 4 runouts. All thanks for one batsman not running :(

Oh NO is the runout bug back!! In my 3rd test and had 4 runouts. All thanks for one batsman not running :(
It never went away, to be back :p.
I had it thrice in a T20 innings.
Restarted the match as soon as it happened.:facepalm

quick Qs ;

1 Is the batting/ bowling difficulty independent of the Modifiers being ON/OFF?? (since when we toggle the difficulty levels the modifier sliders below them change accordingly)

To put it other way round - If both are independent , what could be the modifier slider levels if the modifiers are OFF but playing at say hardest batting/bowling??

2 Also is there way to adjust to adjust the ball marker window (default is 23 for any difficulty level) slider while keeping the modifiers OFF but playing at hardest difficulty??

Its the 3rd test at WACA and am already 2 - 0 down. They won the toss and batted on a hard crumbling wicket. We managed to pick up wickets regularly and run outs help as well. Like to think i am in control at the end of first day but we all know how good i am against lion who only had 2 overs so far.

Attachments

• 15253411345983381564845379462640.jpg
    15253411345983381564845379462640.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 14
quick Qs ;

1 Is the batting/ bowling difficulty independent of the Modifiers being ON/OFF?? (since when we toggle the difficulty levels the modifier sliders below them change accordingly)

To put it other way round - If both are independent , what could be the modifier slider levels if the modifiers are OFF but playing at say hardest batting/bowling??

2 Also is there way to adjust to adjust the ball marker window (default is 23 for any difficulty level) slider while keeping the modifiers OFF but playing at hardest difficulty??

From what I understand, if you want your custom sliders to take effect then you need Modifiers set to "ON". IE if you set difficulty to Hard, then move all the sliders around but turn Modifiers "OFF" then you will just be playing on default Hard sliders.

To achieve what you want in your second question you can set difficulty to Hardest, then turn Modifiers ON and adjust the ball marker window to what you want, leaving the rest untouched.

From what I understand, if you want your custom sliders to take effect then you need Modifiers set to "ON". IE if you set difficulty to Hard, then move all the sliders around but turn Modifiers "OFF" then you will just be playing on default Hard sliders.

To achieve what you want in your second question you can set difficulty to Hardest, then turn Modifiers ON and adjust the ball marker window to what you want, leaving the rest untouched.

Thats what I meant to ask, what could be the ""default sliders" for batting on a particular difficulty level, if say keeping the modifiers OFF...

for your reply to my 2nd Q, I already do that but then when I put the modifoer to ON then the rest of the sliders to get active (wheraas I wanted only the ball marker window to be adjustible while keeping the rest at the default levels when the modifiers are OFF)

quick Qs ;

Ideally, whatever value reflects for each difficulty setting under modifiers when set to Yes should be the same when set to No as well.
However, the previous patches did had issues when modifiers were set to yes, the ball was in playable. not sure if it is fixed now. Need to test it.

Thats what I meant to ask, what could be the ""default sliders" for batting on a particular difficulty level, if say keeping the modifiers OFF...

for your reply to my 2nd Q, I already do that but then when I put the modifoer to ON then the rest of the sliders to get active (wheraas I wanted only the ball marker window to be adjustible while keeping the rest at the default levels when the modifiers are OFF)

The sliders correspond to the difficulty. So Hardest is all sliders at 100, Hard at 75 etc...

If you have modifiers enabled you can play with all sliders at 100 but Shot Timing Difficulty at 25 then you are playing with all aspect of batting equivalent to Hardest except the timing which should be as if you're playing on Easy. There have been reports from some people that having such big discrepancies in the sliders can cause funky things to happen like not being able to make contact with the ball so I wouldn't recommend it.

Adjusting only the ball marker timing shouldn't have any negative effects though.

I think the easiest way to explain it is that if you have modifiers enabled, the difficulty level you choose doesn't matter, only the sliders. In theory at least.

However, the previous patches did had issues when modifiers were set to yes, the ball was in playable. not sure if it is fixed now. Need to test it.

Yes man I too face the issues after the new patch, where whenever I tried to tweak the sliders midway during an ongoing game to explore the new narrower timing window, I would invariably be unable to connect any delivery (not a single ball)....

Ideally, whatever value reflects for each difficulty setting under modifiers when set to Yes should be the same when set to No as well.

Even I thought so at first instance, but who can confirm it is actually so...?

Yes man I too face the issues after the new patch, where whenever I tried to tweak the sliders midway to explore the new narrower timing window, I would invariably be unable to connect any delivery (not a single ball)....

It's something I've been meaning to test but haven't got around to it: Is batting on "Easiest" with sliders at 100 actually the same as batting on "Hardest" and vice versa. Might try it later.

I think the easiest way to explain it is that if you have modifiers enabled, the difficulty level you choose doesn't matter, only the sliders. In theory at least.

Absolutely !! Logically true that...:cheers

So conversely stated, we can say that will modifiers "disabled" the difficulty level would be what is stated (easy/ medium/hard / hardest as the case may be)

Users who are viewing this thread