Ashes Cricket General Discussion

In my opinion, the reason you are able to time it well is because of the pace slider change. You are now expected to play late under normal pace but by bumping up the pace slider, it invariably allows you to use same timing as earlier. At-least this was my experience when I played a few overs by bumping up the pace slider when the patch was out.

I'm afraid that is certainly not the case. Pre patch, it was all about pre meditation and hitting right after you see the ball line indicator. Whereas now, you need to let the ball pitch, allow it to swing and then decide the shot.

Also, I have had the Pace Slider high from ever since the patch dropped. And yet, initially, I found it difficult like everybody else. It's just about getting the hang of it. And I guess what helped was that pre-patch I had played a total of say 10 matches or so, that too when the previous patch was released, months ago. Hence the reflex was not that accustomed like everybody else maybe.

The pitch I am playing on is a belter too. With the ball coming on nicely.

I think, one needs to accept the new timing mechanism, as resisting it will only make learning difficult.

Last edited:
not sure if this is a bug or not but set game to pro and then went in the settings during the game and it said next to match difficulty rookie.So is the ai playing pro or rookie .I changed it to pro but shouldn't they be the same ie.whatever has been selected at the begining of the game should be whats in the settings or is it something else.

@BigAntStudios. Does this game have different weather conditions like cloudy, overcast, rainy etc. Or will it be always sunny condition like dbc17? Weather is so important for test cricket in my opinion.
2nd thing, the striped lawn should be vertical instead of diagonal. Looks very artificial!

Nonetheless you will have my $60 on day 1 release in November.

Seriously dude. in cloudy weather there should be some texture without any shadows of any object. But they just gave some clouds in the sky and no texture is there , always is sunny weather even in rainy weather also.

In my opinion, letting modifiers to edit in between a match kind of not correct.
Good or bad, once you set to play we need to get through the game. The game conditions and weather take its course. This is like RL scenario, one can’t change the pitch midway.

In my opinion, letting modifiers to edit in between a match kind of not correct.
Good or bad, once you set to play we need to get through the game. The game conditions and weather take its course. This is like RL scenario, one can’t change the pitch midway.

Let others play how they want to play. You don’t have to use the feature if you don’t want to.

3rd test and i am in control for a change . Brilliant century on debut by overton and 9th wicket stand of 90 help ENG in getting ahead of the game. How ever batting last in this wicket will be problematic

Attachments

• 15254072596361880732246074990358.jpg
    15254072596361880732246074990358.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 11
If it's taken out then it's difficult to test things out. You would need to exit and then start all over again. Better to leave it as it is. People who wants to can use it.

If that is corrected don't known what else will go out of place then..
Its very disappointing to see things broken in new patches, which were working before. I love the new timing but then shots missing or under powered make it difficult to enjoy the additions.

The Nerfing of the Square Cut and 3rd Man shots , currently means with 4 men out you are sort of pinned down in limited overs matches with the Deep Square Gully Doubling up for Square and 3rd man.

Previously you could beat him either side , now its a no go.

Hoping this and all things related to running and fielders sliding over ropes etc. now gets a bit of love

The Nerfing of the Square Cut and 3rd Man shots , currently means with 4 men out you are sort of pinned down in limited overs matches with the Deep Square Gully Doubling up for Square and 3rd man.

Previously you could beat him either side , now its a no go.

Hoping this and all things related to running and fielders sliding over ropes etc. now gets a bit of love

The fact that you still can't play aerial cut over that area limits it even further.

Users who are viewing this thread