Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Having a good time batting on Legend/Hard in a t20 :D

Attachments

• hitting.png
    hitting.png
    492 KB · Views: 17
i don't know if the issue is my bowling or the way my skills are set up, but the leg-side bias of the AI is really standing out in a way I can't say i noticed before.

had peter kirsten reach 50 and there was a single run in the cover region, every other run scored between midwicket and backward square leg. i would say 90% of the AIs shots are in that region, even to balls on off-stump/just outside.

So I've played a few matches now with this patch..

The square drive is pretty much unplayable. It does a silly little spoon shot that goes nowhere and if you use an aggressive shot it almost every time pops up to a fielder. Now I know the 3rd man/point prod wasn't really a real shot but at least it allowed us to hit it in that region.

Another thing I found just before was I was playing career mode and I was playing in overcast conditions in England (who would have thought?). I tried bowling outswing with a new ball, nothing. It also jagged in a bit too which was a bit worrying considering the hotfix was supposed to address this issue I thought. Only when I bowled slower ball outswing yorkers did I get a hint of outswing. Now I know my player is only around 60 overall but I would have thought we would have got a bit more swing.

Took a run of leg byes. The same batsman takes the strike next ball. Did it happen with anyone else? Happened twice with me.

Reactions: Pat
The Nerfing of the Square Cut and 3rd Man shots , currently means with 4 men out you are sort of pinned down in limited overs matches with the Deep Square Gully Doubling up for Square and 3rd man.

Previously you could beat him either side , now its a no go.

Hoping this and all things related to running and fielders sliding over ropes etc. now gets a bit of love

On lower levels again the AI. All the shots are very much possible. So yes they are there, just needs to be executed at higher difficulty and in online.

Too a run of leg byes. The same batsman takes the strike next ball. Did it happen with abyone else? Happened twice with me.
Career mode or casual? I have noticed batsman not taking strike after crossing over while catch was taken

First match post new patch and hotfix. Bundled out for 45 in a t20 match. Batting on hardest. Phew need some practice to accommodate new timing. Would be fun.[DOUBLEPOST=1525422855][/DOUBLEPOST]
Career mode or casual? I have noticed batsman not taking strike after crossing over while catch was taken
Playing a t20 in a tour. Hapoened twice. First i thot maybe i didn't run or sent batsman back. But happened again.

So I've played a few matches now with this patch..

The square drive is pretty much unplayable. It does a silly little spoon shot that goes nowhere and if you use an aggressive shot it almost every time pops up to a fielder. Now I know the 3rd man/point prod wasn't really a real shot but at least it allowed us to hit it in that region.

Another thing I found just before was I was playing career mode and I was playing in overcast conditions in England (who would have thought?). I tried bowling outswing with a new ball, nothing. It also jagged in a bit too which was a bit worrying considering the hotfix was supposed to address this issue I thought. Only when I bowled slower ball outswing yorkers did I get a hint of outswing. Now I know my player is only around 60 overall but I would have thought we would have got a bit more swing.
I did get pretty good swing in my first T20 post hot fix. Green hard overcast but don't really remember what I set for condition.[DOUBLEPOST=1525423062][/DOUBLEPOST]
Playing a t20 in a tour. Hapoened twice. First i thot maybe i didn't run or sent batsman back. But happened again.

I haven't noticed yet. But disappointing to hear new issues popping up.

I did get pretty good swing in my first T20 post hot fix. Green hard overcast but don't really remember what I set for condition.[DOUBLEPOST=1525423062][/DOUBLEPOST]

I haven't noticed yet. But disappointing to hear new issues popping up.
To be precise it happens when the AI appeals for lbw and you take a run. What i think is that develooer has added new animation of AI discussing for reviews that might have created a new bug. Batsman doesnt change strike.

Another one. I am bowling. Both AI batsman got stuck at one end. My keeper keeps on literally thrashing the stumps and the game is stuck on that loop. Had to exit.

Another one. I am bowling. Both AI batsman got stuck at one end. My keeper keeps on literally thrashing the stumps and the game is stuck on that loop. Had to exit.
Hahah. I have seen that. If AI ball watching stops that will go off as well.

Took a run of leg byes. The same batsman takes the strike next ball. Did it happen with anyone else? Happened twice with me.
Yeah known issue.. But to me it happened when I got an inside edge and AI appealed and I ran a single.. Single was counted correctly but strike was the same batsman..

Since its different scenarios , would ask you to post a bug report along with a video if you have one...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread