Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Yes man I too face the issues after the new patch, where whenever I tried to tweak the sliders midway during an ongoing game to explore the new narrower timing window, I would invariably be unable to connect any delivery (not a single ball)....
Yesterday I did face an issue that none of the ball were connecting, but the feedback was showing ideal. So my guess is that batting modifiers still has issues. But will definitely test it later today. Meanwhile, I'm happy batting on hardest on Test and Hard on ODIs.

It's something I've been meaning to test but haven't got around to it: Is batting on "Easiest" with sliders at 100 actually the same as batting on "Hardest" and vice versa. Might try it later.
What I tried was to keep modifiers ON + Hard or hardest difficulty (no tweaking of sliders) I could not connect a delivery (not even a defensive shot) even at easiest difficulty & it was extremely frustrating, despite the timing shot & footwork all being good or ideal...

Then when out of trying all different combinations I accidentally turned OFF the modifiers but difficulty at hard / hardest , I found I could connect the ball but still barely hitting a boundary in 10 to 15 overs....

I hope this weird issue is gone

I think somebody from BA or beta team can give us a video demo of how tweaking each parameter in modifiers work in the game.

always worth checking if sliders are on or off before starting an innings.They seem to have a life of their own sometimes.Personally i am a bit lazy sometimes so put everything on medium for batting except footwork and that gives me enough of a challenge when batting.In t20 you can really feel the pressure if there are a few dot balls.

Has anyone tinkered around with shot power in the physics attributes.....does it work? Which settings are you using? I am finding that straight shots are too powerful and want to reduce this.....is it maybe a strength attribute?

Absolutely loving the game, especially after the latest patch. It's a joy bowling against the AI in ODI's. The Seam movement is fabulous. Also, it's absolutely mental how well the AI paces the innings.

I'm currently playing a 5- match ODI Series, Aus vs Eng and bowled first in the 3rd ODI. I can't share the scorecard atm, but Bairstow played a fantastic knock of 152 Not Out as he carried the bat. England All-out 268.

The only meaningful partnership being between Bairstow and Ali. The Tail got blown away by Cummins and Starc. Zampa was thrashed, so I went aggressive and decided to use Starc and Cummins and try to go all the way and get the wickets.

The Tail felt like the tail, which is an achievement in itself. When the Wickets started tumbling in the end. Bairstow went berserk, so had to resort to slower deliveries and mixing up to get him off strike somehow. Got them done by the 42nd Over.

I'm 70/0 off 16 overs right now. Playing on Hard/Hard/Hard, Veteran AI, Pace Slider on 64-74. And timing the ball quite well. Feels a little on the easier side to be honest. So I'm a little surprised to see people still not being able to time the ball.

I'll post the scorecard later. Meanwhile, I'll leave this video from 2nd ODI here, for everyone to enjoy.

Absolutely loving the game, especially after the latest patch. It's a joy bowling against the AI in ODI's. The Seam movement is fabulous. Also, it's absolutely mental how well the AI paces the innings.

I'm currently playing a 5- match ODI Series, Aus vs Eng and bowled first in the 3rd ODI. I can't share the scorecard atm, but Bairstow played a fantastic knock of 152 Not Out as he carried the bat. England All-out 268.

The only meaningful partnership being between Bairstow and Ali. The Tail got blown away by Cummins and Starc. Zampa was thrashed, so I went aggressive and decided to use Starc and Cummins and try to go all the way and get the wickets.

The Tail felt like the tail, which is an achievement in itself. When the Wickets started tumbling in the end. Bairstow went berserk, so had to resort to slower deliveries and mixing up to get him off strike somehow. Got them done by the 42nd Over.

I'm 70/0 off 16 overs right now. Playing on Hard/Hard/Hard, Veteran AI, Pace Slider on 64-74. And timing the ball quite well. Feels a little on the easier side to be honest. So I'm a little surprised to see people still not being able to time the ball.

I'll post the scorecard later. Meanwhile, I'll leave this video from 2nd ODI here, for everyone to enjoy.

What a wicket.:thumbs

In the 2nd Ashes Test, during AI bowling - the second new ball was shared by N Lyon with M Starc. Lyon was bowling with the old ball as well, He bowled a 4 over spell with new ball. Is it normal ?

In the 2nd Ashes Test, during AI bowling - the second new ball was shared by N Lyon with M Starc. Lyon was bowling with the old ball as well, He bowled a 4 over spell with new ball. Is it normal ?
Bit of a bug one feels: I had the same and it has been noted....

The sliders correspond to the difficulty. So Hardest is all sliders at 100, Hard at 75 etc...

If you have modifiers enabled you can play with all sliders at 100 but Shot Timing Difficulty at 25 then you are playing with all aspect of batting equivalent to Hardest except the timing which should be as if you're playing on Easy. There have been reports from some people that having such big discrepancies in the sliders can cause funky things to happen like not being able to make contact with the ball so I wouldn't recommend it.

Adjusting only the ball marker timing shouldn't have any negative effects though.

I think the easiest way to explain it is that if you have modifiers enabled, the difficulty level you choose doesn't matter, only the sliders. In theory at least.

I’m assuming that the Shot Timing slider just opens that ideal shot time a little more?

In my opinion, the reason you are able to time it well is because of the pace slider change. You are now expected to play late under normal pace but by bumping up the pace slider, it invariably allows you to use same timing as earlier. At-least this was my experience when I played a few overs by bumping up the pace slider when the patch was out.

In my opinion, the reason you are able to time it well is because of the pace slider change. You are now expected to play late under normal pace but by bumping up the pace slider, it invariably allows you to use same timing as earlier. At-least this was my experience when I played a few overs by bumping up the pace slider when the patch was out.
I wonder If that is the case? Or that you just have less time to play?

This makes sense to me. I had the minimum speed up for most of the games I played at the back end of the last build and I pushed it down again when the new patch came out. The fact that AI bowlers are slower anyway probably doesn't help. It's a lot easier when a fast med bowls mids 80s instead of mid to low 70s which is unfortunately often the case.

Reactions: Pat

Users who are viewing this thread