Asia Cup 2018 - UAE (September 2018)

Who do you think will win the Asia Cup 2018?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I assume you're talking about LO format. Since this thread is on Asia Cup. I partially don't agree with you here. Pakistan's middle order is getting settled with Asif Ali coming in and Sarfraz also showing some consistency in the T20 formats. Openers in ODI is also looking good with Fakhar and Imam. India's top three are more consistent then Pakistan's though.
Lol I don't know what you're trying to get at. Of course we're talking about the Asia Cup.

Even if Pakistan's top three needs to be more consistent, I think it has the potential to be powerful. Fakhar Zaman has become into a aggressive opener which Pakistan had been searching for since Sharjeel Khan. Babar Azam is highly rated by Pakistanis and it's not hard to argue with that. He's made two hundreds in Australia, I believe. He needs to be more consistent, and he can become a really good player.

Asif Ali still has much to prove against top class sides. He's played very well against Zimbabwe, but again it's Zimbabwe. You don't what to expect out of him when playing sides like India, SL and Ban.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Lol I don't know what you're trying to get at. Of course we're talking about the Asia Cup.

Even if Pakistan's top three needs to be more consistent, I think it has the potential to be powerful. Fakhar Zaman has become into a aggressive opener which Pakistan had been searching for since Sharjeel Khan. Babar Azam is highly rated by Pakistanis and it's not hard to argue with that. He's made two hundreds in Australia, I believe. He needs to be more consistent, and he can become a really good player.

Asif Ali still has much to prove against top class sides. He's played very well against Zimbabwe, but again it's Zimbabwe. You don't what to expect out of him when playing sides like India, SL and Ban.
I'm not getting any where. I am just saying that Pakistan's middle order is all set.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
I'm not getting any where. I am just saying that Pakistan's middle order is all set.
I was referring to where you said "I'm assuming you're talking about LO, since this thread in on Asia Cup". It was very obvious I was talking about it.

Ayaz Ahmad

School Cricketer
Qualified Teams For The Asia Cup 2018
Confirmed Teams

Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Afghanistan

One Qualifying Team

UAE, Singapore, Oman, Nepal, Malaysia and Hong Kong.

Group A
India, Pakistan and the qualifier

Group B
Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Afghanistan

Bhumi

Club Captain
Pray for the qualifier :rolleyes
Nepal supporter down to earth as they lost two games,nepal must need to win rest of 3 games for Sep.6th final with better RR.[DOUBLEPOST=1535682673][/DOUBLEPOST]India will announce team for Asia cup in next 24-48 hours.

Bhumi

Club Captain
Code:
Group Stage
15 September - Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka (Dubai)
16 September - Pakistan vs Qualifier (Dubai)
17 September - Sri Lanka vs Afghanistan (Abu Dhabi)
18 September - India vs Qualifier (Dubai)
19 September - India vs Pakistan (Dubai)
20 September - Bangladesh vs Afghanistan (Abu Dhabi)

Super Four
21 September - Group A Winner vs Group B Runner-up (Dubai)
21 September - Group B Winner vs Group A Runner-up (Abu Dhabi)
23 September - Group A Winner vs Group A Runner-up (Dubai)
23 September - Group B Winner vs Group B Runner-up (Abu Dhabi)
25 September - Group A Winner vs Group B Winner (Dubai)
26 September - Group A Runner-up vs Group B Runner-up (Abu Dhabi)

Final:
28 September - Asia Cup 2018 Final (Dubai)

Indian team : Rohit Sharma (c), Shikhar Dhawan (vc), KL Rahul, Ambati Rayudu, Manish Pandey, Kedar Jadhav, MS Dhoni (wk), Dinesh Karthik, Hardik Pandya, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Axar Patel, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Shardul Thakur, Khaleel Ahmed

Bhumi

Club Captain
20 year left hand bowler, Khaleel Ahmed seems to me bright
Prospect but I don't know why BCCI keep jadhav and Kartik but drops pant and raina.? If no raina than it should be no jadhav.

MAYANK Agarwal should be first choice but BCCI announce dhawan as vice captain and Rahul includes in the team too.Pandey and Rayudu excellent choice but why iyer not gets
Selection calls?

Bhumi

Club Captain

Sri Lanka recall Malinga for Asia Cup

prv_1535806217.jpeg

Malinga hasn't played international cricket since September 2017.

Lanka squad: Angelo Mathews(c), Kusal Perera, Kusal Mendis, Upul Tharanga, Dinesh Chandimal, Danushka Gunathilaka, Thisara Perera, Dasun Shanaka, Dhananjaya de Silva, Akila Dananjaya, Dilruwan Perera, Amila Aponso, Kasun Rajitha, Suranga Lakmal, Dushmantha Chameera, Lasith Malinga

Bhumi

Club Captain
On paper Lanka looks good team but it's shame,out of last 16 - 50/50 series, they won only 2 series.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
What a terrible decision to actually select Rohit Sharma as the captain but hey who else on that list is captain material? Feel bad for Raina though, he did not do that bad but was left out. I think this is it for him, he will not feature in future if he was missed from the Asia Cup squad which will have the flattest of flat pitches.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
What a terrible decision to actually select Rohit Sharma as the captain but hey who else on that list is captain material? Feel bad for Raina though, he did not do that bad but was left out. I think this is it for him, he will not feature in future if he was missed from the Asia Cup squad which will have the flattest of flat pitches.
You mean selecting the designated vice captain as the captain in the absence of the captain is a terrible decision!

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Has there a reason been given for excluding Shami and Umesh? Tbh, I won't rely on Shardul, Pandya and Bumrah to save a match for me with their bowling.. they've a long way to go. Now that the squad is confirmed I just hope these guys perform well, we can't expect Bhuvi to perform well every match.

Rohit is very much capable of captaining the side, he has immense experience and barring him who else could've led us? DK has some experience but in comparison obviously not even close to him. Good and obvious decision.

Last edited:

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Feel bad for Raina though, he did not do that bad but was left out.
I'm very surprised that Raina still gets a mention whenever "squad" comes into picture. He is definitely past him prime, no longer the batsman he used to be. Arguments are made that he is still a brilliant fielder and/or useful part time spinner but when your primary role is in question, there is no point looking at other parameters.

Same goes with Yuvraj, though there has been considerable decline in people thinking about him.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
I'm very surprised that Raina still gets a mention whenever "squad" comes into picture. He is definitely past him prime, no longer the batsman he used to be. Arguments are made that he is still a brilliant fielder and/or useful part time spinner but when your primary role is in question, there is no point looking at other parameters.

Same goes with Yuvraj, though there has been considerable decline in people thinking about him.
Agree, Raina is definitely past his prime as a useful hard hitting batsman and sending useful offspin. He's clearly looked like he was struggling and out of form in the England series. No doubt he's been fairly inconsistent with his performances in the last few years now. It's high time to look at younger prospects that are emerging such as Krunal Pandya or someone else who can hit down the order. The selectors need to play and groom at least a couple of the youngsters in the next 15-20 ODI's India have before the World Cup begins. The middle order still needs to be sorted out.

Users who are viewing this thread