Asia Cup 2018 - UAE (September 2018)

Who do you think will win the Asia Cup 2018?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bhumi

Club Captain
What a terrible decision to actually select Rohit Sharma as the captain but hey who else on that list is captain material? Feel bad for Raina though, he did not do that bad but was left out. I think this is it for him, he will not feature in future if he was missed from the Asia Cup squad which will have the flattest of flat pitches.
Raina poor in England ODI but 2019 WC, if india wants Kedar/MSD it's not good for india

Bhumi

Club Captain
ASIA CUP

Afghanistan leave out Dawlat Zadran from the Asia Cup squad

prv_1535878728.jpeg

Sharafuddin Ashraf, the left-arm wristspinner who last played an ODI in March this year, has also been recalled

Afghanistan start their Asia Cup campaign against Sri Lanka on September 17.

Squad: Asghar Afghan (c), Mohammad Shahzad (wk), Ihsanullah Janat, Javed Ahmadi, Rahmat Shah, Hashmat Shahidi, Mohammad Nabi, Gulbadin Naib, Rashid Khan, Najibullah Zadran, Mujeeb-ur-Rahman, Aftab Alam, Samiullah Shinwari, Munir Ahmad Kakar (wk), Sayed Ahmad Shirzad, Sharafudin Ashraf, Wafadar

Bhumi

Club Captain
Bangladesh and Pakistan not yet announces their team, I think Nepal might be also not enter in the qualifier final because they have only 4 points and they have only one game left while Oman (7 points) and UAE -- one of team might go with main pool but you never know Nepal may bounce back with better run rate.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
No Kohli is a shame. Generally love to see him bat, but the prospect of another Kohli / Amir face-off would have been nice to see. Not sure what the issue is with Rohit Sharma being captain. Seems the obvious choice.

Look for spinners to play a major role. Will Pakistan go with Imad? I would, personally.

Bhumi

Club Captain
What's the squad of Team India for the Asia Cup?
Mihirp

Our Asia cup team on page #2 (right before srilankan team)
Our captain Rohit and vice captain Dhawan.[DOUBLEPOST=1536068683][/DOUBLEPOST]Pakistan left out Mohammad Hafez with 200 ODI and All rounder Imad wasim

Pakistan team

Squad: Fakhar Zaman, Imam Ul Haq, Shan Masood, Babar Azam, Shoaib Malik, Sarfraz Ahmed (c), Asif Ali, Haris Sohail, Shadab Khan, Muhammad Nawaz, Fahim Ashraf, Hasan Ali, Mohammad Amir, Junaid Khan, Usman Shinwari, Shaheen Afridi

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
You mean selecting the designated vice captain as the captain in the absence of the captain is a terrible decision!
Actually I completely forgot that he is our Vice Captain and he was the one who captained us in the Nidhas trophy as well. My bad, this will be a big series for the middle order and Dhoni. He has to make way if he fails. Cannot believe that we still do not know our sure starters in the first WC match and shows how terrible management has been.

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Was quite surprised to see Shan Masood in the squad until I looked him up and saw his current List A form he's been immense. Breath of fresh air to see a player being chosen on a merit. Can't see him getting a look in as an opener at the moment though with the recent performances of the current top two.

Bowling attack is nicely settled with adept reserve options no reason why this team can't fancy their chances at winning this although it's a shame to see the lack of quality in the spin department considering the conditions don't think Nawaz is good enough to consider himself a spinning all-rounder at this level but what can you do when Imad's fitness is not up to scratch.
Only concerning thing I'd say is there's still not much by way of middle-order stability after the openers and Babar at number three, who can't be left to score all the runs.

Bhumi

Club Captain
No Kohli is a shame. Generally love to see him bat, but the prospect of another Kohli / Amir face-off would have been nice to see. Not sure what the issue is with Rohit Sharma being captain. Seems the obvious choice.

Look for spinners to play a major role. Will Pakistan go with Imad? I would, personally.
Imad dropped, just returned from CPL, not looks fit during camp.Hafez bhai also left out.

Bhumi

Club Captain
Was quite surprised to see Shan Masood in the squad until I looked him up and saw his current List A form he's been immense. Breath of fresh air to see a player being chosen on a merit. Can't see him getting a look in as an opener at the moment though with the recent performances of the current top two.
Butt better choice than shan (his father is big shot in Pakistan)

Bowling attack is nicely settled with adept reserve options no reason why this team can't fancy their chances at winning this although it's a shame to see the lack of quality in the spin department considering the conditions don't think Nawaz is good enough to consider himself a spinning all-rounder at this level but what can you do when Imad's fitness is not up to scratch.
Only concerning thing I'd say is there's still not much by way of middle-order stability after the openers and Babar at number three, who can't be left to score all the runs.

Bhumi

Club Captain
Sabbir dropped from Bangladesh's Asia cup team

Bangladesh squad

Mashrafe Mortaza (capt), Shakib Al Hasan (vice-capt), Tamim Iqbal, Mohammad Mithun, Liton Das, Mushfiqur Rahim, Ariful Haque, Mahmudullah, Mosaddek Hossain, Nazmul Hossain, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Nazmul Islam, Rubel Hossain, Mustafizur Rahman, Abu Hider

Last edited:

Bhumi

Club Captain
Me after seeing that neither Azhar Ali or Mohammad Hafeez made the squad, colorised:

shit-eating-grin-gif-6.gif
Azhar Ali given number of chance by PCB at wrong position for example ECB wants Moeen at 3 batting and Bairstow #4 but Bairstow will go back to #6 at oval

Here Azhar Ali has no choice but open each time which he can not adapt on limited format, his stats worst than cook

Bhumi

Club Captain
Tomorrow UAE vs Honkong Final of Asia cup Qualifiers.winner will face both India and Pakistan in original Asia cup schedule
Starting, Sep.15.details coming up.I count on UAE but Oman unlucky to not makes it despite 7 points in Qualifiers.
One wash out cost them big opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread