Australia in Bangladesh, April 2011

First Haddin and now Pup bot got retired hut :eek: :eek: is it dehydration or injuries ??

Ha well at least White is trying to bowl again.

As they say desperate times calls for desperate measures. Nice to see Hastings in the wickets.

Smith needs to bowl with more flight...he is not going to take wickets unless he does...and he is going to go for 5 an over either way...so he might as well give himself the chance of some wickets...if we want 5 nothing overs of "tidy" spin going for 24 or 25 we have others who can bowl that crap...Smith must take wickets.

^Agree with that - I think Smith might be better off concentrating on First-Class cricket for the moment. ODIs were good to give him a taste of international cricket, but now I think he needs to hone his skills a bit more for Test cricket.

Just have Doherty/Hauritz + Clarke/D.Hussey as your ODI spin in future. There's really no need for 2 spinners in Aussie conditions generally. If they want more of a bowler at #7 try Dan Christian, and get Watson bowling a bit less. Or go with 5 bowlers, especially if you play Hauritz as Johnson, Hastings and Hauritz are all pretty handy. That might be a good ploy for T20s.

For the number 7 spot, Christian would be the ideal guy. Has the Watson knack for picking up wickets and we all know he can give it a whack.

I think, Bangladesh tour will be last for Big Bear if he does not start performing. Dan Christian will be ideal replacement , a handy all rounder. I would prefer a spinner allrounder so maybe Voges or some other guy.

I was just looking at the original tour plan on the FTP calendar. This was supposed to be 2 tests and 3 ODIs, no one can blame them for shortening it after the world cup went on for 17 years but it's kinda frustrating to see that the tests were dropped.

I know I'm flogging a dead horse asking why because we know why; $$$, still though, after such an onslaught of ODI cricket having a couple of tests would have been a lot more welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread