Australia in Bangladesh, April 2011

Smith just not the fella you want coming in and slogging it from ball 1. Really needs to move up the order or Christian should come in at 7.

Deadset this is becoming sad and a joke. White is batting even slower than Clarke was in his prime of slowness.

White is having a mix of Boeta Dippenar, Old Katman and Old Pup :p Cannot beleive :(

----------

Hundred for our so call new skipper :rolleyes Well done Pup

A captain's knock by Pup and a 6 to bring it up as well. Lovely batting by him and some good late hitting by Johnson.

Wow, Australia have managed to get 270 and that is bloody brilliant as they didn't look like doing so after being 225 in 46 overs. Tremendous batting from Clarke, Johnson finished it well.

Certainly looks like a winning score now, Bangladesh hopefully put up some fight.

That would be the only way to drop both White and Smith in this series.
Johnson keeping up the theory where his batting does the talking for his bowling.

It's an interesting demonstration to show the differences between White and Smith as bowlers of leg spin. I think Smith's ability to bowl a line is what makes him as handy as he is. He gets the batsman to find the fielder with fairly lame balls as well as decent ones. White was landing the ball okay, and with a loop that he isn't exactly known for, but not with any two balls landing in the same area. He even got a couple of false shots, but they all went for runs. Smith shows that bowling a full toss or long hop with some regularity still counts for bowling to your field if you can hold a line together.

That was one pathetic chase by Bangladesh, Ireland in a worst position had a go instead of getting the lose by 60 runs.

Bangaldesh would loss to AUS under 15 team :lol
+1
ICC should swap Ireland with Bangladesh :p
+2

Its gonna be a bloodbath boys. After loosing the cup after 11 long years the Aussies will comeback with everything they got and are gonna maul this toothless BanglaDeshi attack back to the stone-age. The only positive thing will be that BD are gonna get a taste of a 1st class, team 1st hand and hopefully with experience will become a more competitive team in the future. Till then lets all enjoy the bloodbath as the Aussies baptize the Banglas with Fire!!! Me Likey!!!

Aussie Aussie Aussie!!!!

I don't really understand bangladesh's top order batsmen, they just don't seem to value their wickets.

imrul kayes showed he could dig in over the world cup, notably though it was always after Iqbal fell early. It's like they allow themselves to lose 1 or 2 wickets in the first 10 overs, and not until then do they start showing any tact.

it's all very well to say they're crap, but consistently it's their lower order that makes runs. maybe if they started matches resolving to get through the first 10 for no loss they might actually start doing it.

Is this really Hauritz ?? :lol

lolkt.png

Disgraceful batting from Bangladesh. 210/5 at 4 rpo while chasing. Where they even trying to win this match?

That would be the only way to drop both White and Smith in this series.
Johnson keeping up the theory where his batting does the talking for his bowling.

Mitch looked really good with the ball - his line was fantastic. Possibly the most consistent lines I've ever seen from him. I wonder if Craig McDermott's touch is responsible for it. If so, then give the man the bowling coach job right now - he's done what Cooley never was able to.

Doherty clearly makes it harder for the batsmen to work him in the middle overs than Krejza. Can't read too much as it was Bangladesh, but there's definitely an improvement in consistent line and length with Xavier. Now we just have to see if he can force more mishits and trouble batsmen.

Thought Smith bowled pretty well too, especially his first 3 or 4 overs. I think he's wasted in this team and like I mentioned before I think he should go back to Shield cricket rather than play ODIs. His bowling is starting to come together and I don't think ODIs will help at all. Although with 3 spinners at NSW he mightn't get much of a go there either. You'd think that Hauritz or O'Keefe would get the Test job though so that would give Smith more overs.

White is seriously struggling - it's one of the worst slumps I've seen of late. I'd rest him for the 2nd game, but bring him back in the 3rd - see if he's more focussed after a game off. Same for Haddin - he just can't stop backing away and slapping.

So for game 2 bring in the 3 reserves (Paine, Ferguson & Pattinson), rest Haddin, White and Lee/Johnson.

And also, weird use of the Powerplay by Australia. They took it in the 37th over with Clarke and Hussey in. Clarke played some aerial shots, but Hussey got dead set bogged and seemed intent NOT to take any risks. I think that's poor usage. Take the PP when you are willing to take the risks and hit over the top. If they'd take it 3-5 overs later I think the innings might have launched better.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread