Australia in England - 2009 Ashes Tour

What will be the result of The Ashes?

• Total voters
I hope to be going to the tour game at the County Ground.
See, I'd rather go to that than the ODIs. :p

I'm reading a diary of the 1997 tour atm, and it shows the players take the warm ups very seriously.

Man this is getting close, I'm pretty excited. I wish I could go on the Ashes tour, it would be a great year to go. I reckon it will be really even, just like the 05 one.

I feel as excited as a kid on Christmas Eve waiting for Santa Claus when I think about the oncoming Ashes in UK,the only difference being,I know what will be in my stocking this time, another 5-0 flogging,(weather permiting).:happy

It's supposed to be a hot summer here as it works in three year cycles so it should be ok.

So as a neatral, Id like to know what you guys think will be the outcome of the Ashes? Regarding the terrible form Australia are in I feel this will be quite a close battle - Oz will probably take it anyway but I dont foresee a 5-0 mauling again. Personally I fancy Australia, I quite like them a bit more than England - prob one of the only South African's who like England even less than Australia hehe

I feel that England and Australia are prett close atm England probably performed better in the Tests than Australia did against India and got the same series result of 2-1 against South Africa as home so its close. Alot closer that the last one I would have thought.
I think it'll be around 2-2 or at most one game either way. I'm probably leaning towards Australia.

It will be similar to the SA series, there will be key moments in the matches with the side that takes them will take the test match. Our big worry is Ponting not converting lately, how bad Hussey bad patch is and will he return to where he was before it. Then you have Katich who returns to where his demons all started, Jaques good record in England but how will he go returning from injury.

In the bowling I really am worried not only about us playing swing but will we even have that in our attack. Siddle has shown signs of it but can he do it for more than a few balls.

At this stage I'd like to say congratulations on winning the 2009 Ashes, England.

I dunno we seem to be doing our best to ensure you win it as well in our typically polite way. :D

Users who are viewing this thread