Australia in England - 2009 Ashes Tour

What will be the result of The Ashes?

• Total voters
England have won 5 of the last 6 Tests at Old Trafford with the one they didn't win being that classic draw from 2005. How the ECB missed it out i'll never know. But still, let's hope Cardiff turns out to be a good venue.

4-1 Australia at the moment. A decent winter will probably see me go 3-1 with a rain-affected draw!

England have won 5 of the last 6 Tests at Old Trafford with the one they didn't win being that classic draw from 2005. How the ECB missed it out i'll never know. But still, let's hope Cardiff turns out to be a good venue.

Yep, The stats prove it, I think the ECB Want to test other grounds really, but why do it in the Ashes I don't know!

I am going 2-2 atm.

Lee - Twenty20s will NEVER be as exciting as Tests.

I just thought Old Trafford was being left out because its facilities are poor and it's a bit of a hole. I mean who really wants to play where concert goers have been relieving themselves?

Hold the phone - The world T20 is in June?!
Awesome, I might just be able to make it! Plus, stay for the Ashes eh!

I just thought Old Trafford was being left out because its facilities are poor and it's a bit of a hole. I mean who really wants to play where concert goers have been relieving themselves?
The ground is being improved, and the Old Trafford test is a tradition, England do well there, why the hell leave it out?

The gigs have generally been late in the summer after test matches have taken place, added to that, it's a bit of a chicken and egg situation. England need the money from the test match, and if they dont have that, then they have to host gigs to raise money.

I'm just not in the 'It always been here, so it should stay here' camp I guess. England should play at the grounds with the best facilities, it's not doing anyone any good if Glamorgan spend Millions to make their ground top notch for the ECB to turn around and say 'sorry, but we're going with Old Trafford, they've done nothing to the ground and it's getting a bit run down, but we've always played there.'

If you want to be a Test Match ground, then you have to work hard for me.

Exactly why Old Trafford are renovating massively. Yet Cardiff gets the test despite the fact that when they were given it they had facilities worse than that of Old Trafford.

And London got the Olympics without having hardly any stadia built for it. What's your point? They had the plans laid out for Sophia Gardens. I don't see it as a problem.

And London got the Olympics without having hardly any stadia built for it.

With the laughable Wembley situation you have to wonder if that was wise. Bound to be politics behind the decisions, always are. My major complaint about OT is the drainage, if they sorted it out like at Lords then maybe they could stop using weather as an excuse for not winning the LlVCC

I majorly doubt England's ability to win a test match against Australia in the next five or ten years at least. However, i do think they have the solidity to carve out a draw.

Australia 3-0 (One solid draw for England, one light affected draw)

Users who are viewing this thread