Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
stupid light

the fact is England arn't going off because they can't see their going off because of the situation

and im sure we would do it too if we had thsi situation

wifler said:
All I can say is, if the boot was on the other foot......
... I'd still think it was crap. Hell, even Geoff Boycott agreed it was

Its fair, and the Aussie's would do the same in Englands position. Remember that Brad and Squiz. :)

Mate I agree too, and I want to watch cricket, but Aus would have done the same in the situation, the chance to regain the ashes after about 250 years, c'mon. Vaughany would have been slated if he hadn't :D plus the umpire just explained the situation on tv.

Also did we get asked to play another spinner when giles was bowling and the light offered to Aus the last 2 days? I'm not sure we did.

wifler said:
Also did we get asked to play another spinner when giles was bowling and the light offered to Aus the last 2 days? I'm not sure we did.

Excellent point, reps to you. With that comment you just effectivly ***** Brad and Squiz without breaking sweat. Good work old chap! :hpraise

wifler said:
Mate I agree too, and I want to watch cricket, but Aus would have done the same in the situation, the chance to regain the ashes after about 250 years, c'mon. Vaughany would have been slated if he hadn't :D plus the umpire just explained the situation on tv.

You wouldn't have bowled spinners, you wanted as much play lost as possible.

I'm sure that Australia would've done the same thing in this situation, and if I was out there I would've done the same thing as well- doesn't make it right, you just do what's in your teams best interests. Point is the umpires shouldn't have allowed them to make the choice

wifler said:

Yea I dont agree that Ponting was told that changes in the bowling were needed. I just think thats kinda unfair.

(d) If at any time the umpires together agree that the conditions of ground, weather or light are so bad that there is obvious and foreseeable risk to the safety of any player or umpire, so that it would be unreasonable or dangerous for play to take place....they shall immediately suspend play, or not allow play to commence or to restart. The decision as to whether conditions are so bad as to warrant such action is one for the umpires alone to make.

Take note of the bold parts- there is no safety risk, they should still be out there according to the laws

brad352 said:
You wouldn't have bowled spinners, you wanted as much play lost as possible.

You may look at it that way, but the thing is, it was the last session, we wanted a wicket ans Aus wanted to carry on with their start. Fact is bad light is bad for batsmen only really, so we would have fancied our chances of nicking one or two wickets while the batsmen were worried about the light.

brad352 said:
Take note of the bold parts- there is no safety risk, they should still be out there according to the laws

Stop being so bitter :p

Anyways I totally disagree , this is the correct decision. As the umpires said the light meter recorded a reading well below the bench mark they took when australia went off for bad light. Therefore they have to be consistant.

wifler said:
You may look at it that way, but the thing is, it was the last session, we wanted a wicket ans Aus wanted to carry on with their start. Fact is bad light is bad for batsmen only really, so we would have fancied our chances of nicking one or two wickets while the batsmen were worried about the light.
Anyway, Ponting was the one going up to the umpires and asking about the light every couple of minutes, and whether he needed to bring spinners on- Vaughan could have done that, but he was too busy staring at the clouds.

Stop being so bitter

Anyways I totally disagree , this is the correct decision. As the umpires said the light meter recorded a reading well below the bench mark they took when australia went off for bad light. Therefore they have to be consistant.
Please point me to the part of the laws that says this is a correct decision- also, the fact that Australia went off is irrelevant as fast bowlers were on and presenting a safety risk, which spinners certainly aren't.

adthomp said:
i doubt where gonna have any more play today ??? if its dark now will get worse :(
Probably, and Warne and Clarke just get more and more deadly :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread