Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
most likely it looks like england will get bowled out today, australia would have an advantage with 2 days to chase their target

Last edited:
Yeah I think a lead of 250 would be decent, but with Flintoff maybe not being able to bowl, could be tricky.

"And Wifler salutes the crowd after a magnificent century..."

If England get an overall lead of 250, they can win this came. 300+ should almost guarantee a win should the weather stay clear.

I like your positiveness :) but dont you think flintoffs injury could be a big blow?

Sando said:
Mate, if you watch enough cricket you should know that poor umpiring decisions that go against Australia are glossed over whilst those that favour them are repeated ad nauseum.... Just watch how much discussion will be focused on the Pietersen decision as opposed to the first Pietersen appeal that was turned down, appeal against Hoggard, Langer's first innings dismissal, Gillespie's first innings dismissal and so on.

Um... Langer was clearly out in the first innings, if the balls going on to hit leg stump then thats out, and Pietersons turned down appeal nobody is really sure what that hit. So Gillespie is the only unluck Australian, where as Bell and Pieterson were both not out...

But hey that is all in the past, lets hope freddi can stick it out with one arm and who knows...

Surely Gilchrist saw that the ball did not hit Pietersen's glove? So appealing for it would be cheating. I don't understand how Rudi would be sure if tv replays prove inconclusive!!!

I hope England appeal for everything when Rudi is the umpire behind the stumps. It would appear with him that if your appeal is good he will give the batsmen out. (unless it is obviously not out)

wifler said:
I like your positiveness :) but dont you think flintoffs injury could be a big blow?

Maybe not in terms of batting, as it may force him to bat more carefully, even though its not the way he plays. Definitely effects the bowling though. :(

Yeah thats what I was getting at, if he has a problem, then bowling will be seriously affected, and thats bad news, but anyway, stay positive eh, should be something in the pitch for our bowlers, but lets hope freddie and jonesy can stick it out for a while. :)

themuel1 said:
Surely Gilchrist saw that the ball did not hit Pietersen's glove? So appealing for it would be cheating. I don't understand how Rudi would be sure if tv replays prove inconclusive!!!

gilchrist didnt see the ball untill the last second, it was an excellent catch may keepers in the world woudnt of catched that

and plus their where 2-3 nosies before the ball hit pitersens elbow,

gilchrist was no way cheating

his an honest man remeber wc 2003 against sri lanka he hit the ball of murali and was caught umpire said not out but he still walked off

Last edited:
Early wicket right after lunch, well bowled Lee!

Bouncer from Lee suprised Jones and he gloved it to Ponting at 2nd slip. Now to the tail :happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread