Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
squiz said:
Early wicket right after lunch, well bowled Lee!

Bouncer from Lee suprised Jones and he gloved it to Ponting at 2nd slip. Now to the tail :happy
Wasn't a bouncer Squiz, that shot off a good length. He's bowling superbly though.

yeah i think he's accepted that the ball isnt swinging for him, so he has opted to bowl more seam oriented

also ive noticed some discussion on bell's wicket. that was out. the snick may have been too faint to hear, but his bat definitely twists in his hands as he hits it.

lets see I said warne woudl get 7 wickets and england 150 in teh 2nd innings

well england 133/9 and warne has 6 wickets pretty dam close

untill countries learn to play 2 innings against aust aust remain unbeatable

adthomp said:
lets see I said warne woudl get 7 wickets and england 150 in teh 2nd innings

well england 133/9 and warne has 6 wickets pretty dam close

untill countries learn to play 2 innings against aust aust remain unbeatable
You've made a lot of different predictions for this innings. Let's see if any actually come true!

I can't understand your comment about "learning to play 2 innings against Australia" Has it occured to you that the way Lee has been bowling, every team in the world including Australia would probably be in the same position?

Well - your 150 has gone. What's next?

difference is Lee got smashed 1st innings now look at him 2nd innings he made a come back aust come back when there down

had that been hoggard or any other bowler they dont come back from being down and bounce back like aust do

my prediction was aust for 500 england for 150 i was wrong about aust

btw i didnt say i was right I said I was pretty dam close

ohh whats next aust 0/111 at stumps :D

I'll grant you the 150 does look pretty close.

I disagree about the bowling though. Eng vs West Indies a year or so back. WI were 100 / 0. England were bowling absolute rubbish. Harmison came back and got 7 for not many in the next session. We'll see what Hoggard does soon enough.

111 / 0 at stumps? :eek: Knowing Langer and Hayden, that may not be as far-fetched as it sounds. With the pitch being a little erratic, I do hope you're wrong :)

australia need 282 to win

if england get early wickets i fancy them to win it

angryangy said:
also ive noticed some discussion on bell's wicket. that was out. the snick may have been too faint to hear, but his bat definitely twists in his hands as he hits it.

He hits his pad...

FishBowlMan said:
I'll grant you the 150 does look pretty close.

I disagree about the bowling though. Eng vs West Indies a year or so back. WI were 100 / 0. England were bowling absolute rubbish. Harmison came back and got 7 for not many in the next session. We'll see what Hoggard does soon enough.

111 / 0 at stumps? :eek: Knowing Langer and Hayden, that may not be as far-fetched as it sounds. With the pitch being a little erratic, I do hope you're wrong :)

it might be a very tense finish aust are a side that get butterflys chasing small totals and history says they do have problems like chasing indias 98!

that lat partnership was vital for england

adthomp said:
it might be a very tense finish aust are a side that get butterflys chasing small totals and history says they do have problems like chasing indias 98!

that lat partnership was vital for england
its gonna be a very tough run chase, even tougher if flintoff bowls. But we all very know that if there is any team that can do it, it is australia.

for englands sake, lets hope they dont.

282 to win. This would be a record score for a 4th innings at Edgbaston.

Its only day 3, so maybe a slightly misleading statistic. I'm backing England, but we will need to bowl consistently. I think Simon Jones and Giles will be key for us. Jones looked very impressive when he got the ball in the right areas.

I assume you guys in Australia are staying up to watch / listen to this!

Rudi Keortzen has made some shocking decisions this series, starting with Micheal Clarke, in the first test, all the way till now

hayden needs to shine for aus. perfect opportunity for him here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread