Australia in India 2013/14-Limited Overs

I remember there was someone called Rudra Pratap Singh :rolleyes

He can do a much better job than Ishant Sharma in my opinion. Infact, Laxmipathy Balaji can be a better performer than Ishant.

you mean RP Singh right ??

----------

Dude get over this Faulkner thing...he did nothing special. Ishant Sharma was crap and will always be crap. I can probably bowl better than Ishant Sharma. Anyone could have slammed 6s against that crap bowler. So Ishant Sharma is the one who beat India by 4 wickets. If it wasn't for that idiot, we wouldn't have lost this game. There was no way in hell that Faulkner would have pulled this off if some other bowler had bowled that over. What did he do when Ashwin was bowling? Ashwin wasn't on top of his game today but still Faulkner couldn't smash him for as many boundaries because Ashwin knows what he is bowling unlike Crap Sharma.

Listen to me carefully go and kill yourself :cheers

Umesh Yadav is NOT injured. He has been dropped from the squad because he did not take enough wickets and his economy is also on higher side. Varun Aaron, I don't know what to say about him. I just hope he plays a couple of matches before he retires because of injuries. Irfan Pathan and Praveen Kumar are injured but I will take Praveen kumar over Vinay Kumar anyday once he is fit. Shami Ahmed looks good to me but he also finds it difficult sometimes to take wickets. Jaidev Unadkat is also one of those medium pacer but the difference is he is a left armer so provides that variety in the bowling attack.

One of the main reason India is struggling in this series is because Bhuvi is not providing them with thoe early break throughs that he has done so far in his career. There is also no support for him from the other side because both Ishant and Vinay have been poor. Spinners who are our strength in Indian conditions are not providing wickets in the middle order either because of due or poor bowling. The worse thing is all these things are happening at once so it is impossible to win matches unless out batting can chase 360 in every game.

1391695_649019588462229_41168716_n.jpg

Doesn't mean anything. You have to check average scores, not top scores, to determine where the flat pitches lie. I think Indian bowlers make Indian pitches look flatter than they are though lol.

----------

Praveen Kumar are injured but I will take Praveen kumar over Vinay Kumar anyday once he is fit.

It is unlikely for Praveen to return because he's fallen out of favor due to his antics on the domestic circuit. He apparently got into a few fist fights, argues with umpires, and his teammates find him impossible to approach. Last I heard, he was receiving psychotherapy for his attitude. Hopefully, he's over it.

It is unlikely for Praveen to return because he's fallen out of favor due to his antics on the domestic circuit. He apparently got into a few fist fights, argues with umpires, and his teammates find him impossible to approach. Last I heard, he was receiving psychotherapy for his attitude. Hopefully, he's over it.

Yeah, I read about those issues that he was facing btu I don't think he has fallen out of favour. I am saying that because both Praveen and Irfan were picked for the recently concluded ODI series between India A and WI A but they both injured themselves. So I guess once he is fit and starts performing he will be back in the team.

Bowling for ODI should looks something like this:

Bhuvneshwar Kumar
Varun Aaron
Umesh Yadav
R. Ashwin

Reserve: Mohit Sharma, Praveen Kumar, Irfan Pathan, Shami Ahmed, Jaidev Unadkat, Amit Mishra

B. Kumar is very good with new ball, Umesh Yadav can also be handy with new ball because of his pace and his outswinger. Varun Aaron is very good with reverse swing and also good at death bowling so he can come in as a first change bowler. Ashwin for spinner and Jadeja to support him. If B.Kumar gets injured they can replace him with Praveen or Irfan because they both are very similar to B.Kumar. If Aaron gets injured, they can replace him with Mohit and if Yadav gets injured than he can be replaced with Shami Ahmed. If Ashwin is not performing or injured, Mishra can replace him.

I know why they are sticking to Ishant because he has much more experience now. However, if he does not show any sign of improvement than he should be dropped. If he performs in domestic circuit than bring him back but you cant just keep picking him for his experience ignoring his poor performance.

Dude get over this Faulkner thing...he did nothing special. Ishant Sharma was crap and will always be crap. I can probably bowl better than Ishant Sharma. Anyone could have slammed 6s against that crap bowler. So Ishant Sharma is the one who beat India by 4 wickets. If it wasn't for that idiot, we wouldn't have lost this game. There was no way in hell that Faulkner would have pulled this off if some other bowler had bowled that over. What did he do when Ashwin was bowling? Ashwin wasn't on top of his game today but still Faulkner couldn't smash him for as many boundaries because Ashwin knows what he is bowling unlike Crap Sharma.

You really have no idea what you're talking about do you?

Only 9 players have done what he did.

I dont know why Mohit Sharma has not been picked for this series. Didn't he win the MoM award for the first ODI that he played in Zimbabwe? And being a CSK player (with Dhoni as India captain), why was he not considered? Is he injured?

Mohit is one bowler who can be good in ODI's. He is faster than the likes of Vinay and Praveen Kumar (I think Mohit and Bhuvi might be in the same pace range). Bhuvi is nippy too. I would say Mohit should replace Ishant, and Shami/Unadkat should be retained and these three should be given chances more from now to build them for 2015.

I dont know why Mohit Sharma has not been picked for this series. Didn't he win the MoM award for the first ODI that he played in Zimbabwe? And being a CSK player (with Dhoni as India captain), why was he not considered? Is he injured?

Mohit is one bowler who can be good in ODI's. He is faster than the likes of Vinay and Praveen Kumar (I think Mohit and Bhuvi might be in the same pace range). Bhuvi is nippy too. I would say Mohit should replace Ishant, and Shami/Unadkat should be retained and these three should be given chances more from now to build them for 2015.

I think B. Kumar is way better than Praveen so it is better for India to do away with the latter from their plans for the time being unless he performs brilliantly in the domestic circuit. I agree with you on Sharma. The lad did look impressive. Maybe the fact that he has not had too many domestic games under his belt has gone against him for the selectors do seem to be conventional thinkers and might want him to see more of him in the OD format (Sharma has played just 8 OD games) before they give him a long run in the side. Other than Sharma, as you said, Unadkat and Shami and prime candidates for the 2/3 seamer's spot. Umesh Yadav completing the quintet of B. Kumar, Shami, M. Sharma, Unadkat and Yadav himself. Let Ishant Sharma go through the grinds of domestic cricket all over again, prove himself and earn his place back in the ODI side. I would still not experiment too much for the test side though keeping it limited to the quartet of Zaheer, Ishant, Yadav and may be a Shami/M. Sharma or a B. Kumar.

Bhuvaneshwar Kumar out :eek:
What sense does it make?
So is Ishant, if you had to drop him from the team, then why not from the squad :facepalm
Unadkat and Shami make their way in..

Anyway, Australia will bat.

Good start by the Indian they have got the huge wicket of Finch :(

Aus 28/2 Well done India hope rain stops.

PS: "Even nature couldn't see Indian bowlers having a good start." (copied) :D

Bhuvaneshwar Kumar out :eek:
What sense does it make?
So is Ishant, if you had to drop him from the team, then why not from the squad :facepalm
Unadkat and Shami make their way in..

Anyway, Australia will bat.

Yeah, personally I would've dropped Vinay instead and kept Bhuvi, but meh... and on the topic of Ishant, the selection committee selects the squad, the captain (with the coaches' input) picks the XI from the squad.

Yeah he is some player and Maxwell is doing a great job these days , has he finally learned from his mistakes ??

Users who are viewing this thread