Australia in India 2013/14-Limited Overs

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I am fairly happy with the team selection. Yuvraj's comeback was on cards after his good show in the domestic games. Harsh on Karthik, but Rayudu deserves more and he has also been given a chance because he can keep wickets on a temp basis. Unadkat for the variety of arm, and the fact that he did well against Zimbabwe gives him the edge.

None of the decisions are bad or negative. Which is a good thing.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Thanks God they have finally used their tweaking mind :) Nic Maddinson is selected too thats another great news :)

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
Despite an Indian fan, I am looking forward for Australians' performance in thise series :rolleyes

Australian cricket's decline is further emphasised in CL20. 2 teams from Down Under, both winless and languish at bottom of table. :facepalm

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Australian cricket's decline is further emphasised in CL20. 2 teams from Down Under, both winless and languish at bottom of table. :facepalm

You have to also consider the fact that they lost some of their main player to the IPL teams and injury.

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
You have to also consider the fact that they lost some of their main player to the IPL teams and injury.

Yes, but a team effort is required for every win, not just 1 player's contribution.

Mumbai Indians qualified for semis even in the absence of Malinga
T&T made it to semis even though they didn't have Pollard (MI), Cooper (RR) and Dwayne Bravo (CSK)

So, Adam Voges, Marcus North, Michale Beer, Joe Burns, Daniel Christian, James Hopes, Peter Forrest, Chris Lynn etc didn't show their caliber at all :facepalm

BRAB

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yes, but a team effort is required for every win, not just 1 player's contribution.

Mumbai Indians qualified for semis even in the absence of Malinga
T&T made it to semis even though they didn't have Pollard (MI), Cooper (RR) and Dwayne Bravo (CSK)

So, Adam Voges, Marcus North, Michale Beer, Joe Burns, Daniel Christian, James Hopes, Peter Forrest, Chris Lynn etc didn't show their caliber at all :facepalm

Our state players aren't as good as the IPL's multi-million, international quality teams. The Brisbane Heat won the Australian T20 tournament last year, and they only JUST made the finals from memory.

In T20, a single players effort is often more influential, see Aaron Finch in the T20 internationals vs England, and Chris Gayle/Hussey all of last season's IPL

fanzydotin

School Cricketer
I'm so looking forward to see Yuvraj in action :) He might be out of form and favour, but I'm sure he will make a roaring comeback!!

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
As the first T20I is at Rajkot, not sure which bowler would want to play today. :p
Jokes apart, something like 180 shouldn't be a par score here..atleast 200 and the game is on .

With the kind of fast bowlers Australia have even though the best aren't in the squad, I think Australia will just edge past India in the game, with Jadeja getting hammered around the park. Nevertheless, expecting nothing less than run fest :thumbs

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Quite a few youngsters in our side so at least we get to look forward to seeing how they go in this pointless tour.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I don't know why people are calling this tour pointless? From Australian perspective, may be but not in India's view. If BCCI had not arrange the WI series, this series would have been the only series for India in their home season.

As far as T20 is concerned, Australia have better chances simply because their fast bowling is better than India.

Last edited:

War

Chairman of Selectors
Exactly for AUS its useless especially with the Ashes coming up which is a HUGE priority. CA should have never agreed to this tour at this time. The BCCI thus should have then have the option to invite another team for this T20/ODI series.

Users who are viewing this thread