Australia in India 2013/14-Limited Overs

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
So apparently Aaron Finch was out in that Jadeja over but nobody appealed. For god's sake APPEAL, this is not a bowler's pitch.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
It is certainly useless if winning the Ashes is only what the Australian team wants achieve..:rolleyes

Of course not, AUS wants to win all cricket. But i don't see why this (:rolleyes) is relevant. If you have been following AUS cricket in recent years, you would know they have been building towards regaining the Ashes after losing back to back series in 2009 & 2010/11. Thus after recent lost in England means they had to be in full test match mode preparation now for the return series.

AUS have enough time after the Ashes to focus on the 2015 world cup preparations with ODI series.

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Of course not, AUS wants to win all cricket. But i don't see why this () is relevant.

Because there has been enough talk lately about the how this tour is irrelevent. To an extent, I do agree, but again, can't fathom most of the past cricketers saying that it is useless. It does not halt the Ashes preparations in any way, just some cricketers wouldn't get a few weeks of the Shield. But...

If you have been following AUS cricket in recent years, you would know they have been building towards regaining the Ashes after losing back to back series in 2009 & 2010/11. Thus after recent lost in England means they had to be in full test match mode preparation now for the return series.
AUS have enough time after the Ashes to focus on the 2015 world cup preparations with ODI series.

...all of the members here in India are not vital to Australia's Ashes preparation.

Here I support my above statement.

Exaxtly how many of the Aussie cricketers who were in England have been selected in the series -

Shane Watson - He should have been rested :thumbs

Phil Hughes - His chances to regain back the test spot? Depends on George Bailey's performance

Michael Clarke - already home

Brad Haddin - needs to play some more International cricket, trust me, he isn't that effective

James Faulkner - Not even sure if he'll keep his Test spot

So, only 5 of them, out of which only Watson and, most probably Haddin, will make into the team in Australian summer.

Which means that 8-9 players representing in the ODI series are not in contention for an Ashes spot.

Now we have Voges, Ferguson and Bailey pushing for the Test team. Bailey doesn't have the best FC records, but has performed at the highest levels when it mattered the most, he is here to prove a point, and if you've seen him, he plays spin quite well too.
Voges and Ferguson, highly rated in the domestic, average in the International level, but thanks to the biggies of Australian cricket, they could never play regularly.

All of their regular Test bowlers back home too, with Johnson again pushing for squad.

So now, how exactly does it halt the Ashes preparation, what all analysts and past cricketers are suggesting?

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Vinay Kumar is a tweaking life saver. Hopefully we can restrict them under 200 now.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Australia could have had at least 15-20 runs more on the board. Just 29 in the last 4 overs (24 balls) set them back. 201 is a good score nevertheless. All eyes on Yuvraj Singh now. Talking about Singh, surprised he did not rolled his arm over when other bowlers were getting carted away and other left arm tweaker in the team did well. He is no fluke with the ball in the T20Is too (23 wickets in 21 innings). Is the move the product of India's concern about his match fitness?

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Australia could have had at least 15-20 runs more on the board. Just 29 in the last 4 overs (24 balls) set them back. 201 is a good score nevertheless. All eyes on Yuvraj Singh now. Talking about Singh, surprised he did not rolled his arm over when other bowlers were getting carted away and other left arm tweaker in the team did well. He is no fluke with the ball in the T20Is too (23 wickets in 21 innings). Is the move the product of India's concern about his match fitness?

It's not about his match fitness because he definately looks much fitter than he did in Decemeber. I was surprised by that decision as well because Yuvi is better bowler than Kohli. However, the only thing I can think of is pressure. If he had gone for runs, it might have affected his batting as well. That is the only thing I can make out from Dhoni's press conference yesterday.

Surprising Vinay Kumar was awesome alongside Jadeja and Ashwin and Ishant were absolutely horrible. Now let's hope we can chase this down because dew will help us too.

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
With Aussies falling 15-20 runs short of my prediction(40 actually), India will win it by 5 wickets with 2 balls to spare.;)

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
@vaibhav

Clarke will play in the Ashes dont worry.What if Watto get injured ?? we have already suffered a lot from these pointless tours and yeah Hughes will be back so as Faulkner

Last edited:

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Clarke will play in the Ashes dont worry.What if Watto get injured ??

Exactly what I am saying...

we have already suffered a lot from these pointless tours and yeah Hughes will be back so as Faulkner
We'll see...;)

As for the match at hand....this is what you call a comeback. What a win!:eek:
Wasn't really expecting when India needed 85 odd in 40 or so balls.:clap

Australia bowled terribly in the death!:facepalm

Probably he is not good enough for that opening spot.
Just a T20!

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
And this is why a fully fit Yuvraj Singh is a must in that limited overs middle order for India. A brilliant comeback for Yuvraj Singh.

Users who are viewing this thread