Australia in India

Great win for India. Was really important to win this match to prove to the world that we are truly the champs. Of course, we go into the Pakistan series confidently and that's a bonus. The tour thus comes to an end. Was a memorable one, if not always for the right reasons.

Can the mods please keep the flaming on the forum under check. Some off topic discussions and flaming going on in the past few pages. come on guys, we need to behave like grown-ups. (Even if some of you aren't ;))

The Australian team clearly got everything because they needled Indian cricketers (which becomes patriotic for the indian fan when the cricketers are needled!). Even though they didnt get it back from the cricketers, they got it back from the fans and hope they keep quiet in the future when they tour this countr.

I don't exactly understand what problem they really had with India celebrating their Twenty20 World Cup win. It's none of their business to comment on it. That obviously angered the Indians, who support India.

Tone it down, fellas. It only takes one good match for them to get us on the receiving end of all the gloating. :p

I agree let's not be sore winners. It was 1 T20, in which anything can happen. I'd really like to see a series of T20s played, so we can determine a winner over an aggregate.

(Even if some of you aren't )

I'm 19, but I've got the maturity level of a 5-year-old. Sorry if my posts offend anyone.

Next Sachin?

Nah, Sachin is a once in a generation player, it would be absolutely astonishing if Uthappa reaches anywhere near as good as Sachin. He defined all the shots in Cricket.

That reverse-sweep was as good as a connection he could have hoped for, really.

Can the mods please keep the flaming on the forum under check. Some off topic discussions and flaming going on in the past few pages. come on guys, we need to behave like grown-ups. (Even if some of you aren't ;))

If u were referring to me, I wasnt flaming.. And I didnt talk about anyone in this forum. I was clearly pissed off that the indian fans and the team were being made out to be villians in this piece of drama. this series has seen lot of flaming between two sides, and trust me the action on this thread hasnt been spicier than that

Anyways..
I think Uthappa is our next Sachin. He's so consistent, and is a joy to watch. His reverse sweep was so awesome. He'll be the next person in the Indian team to be branded by MRF for sure.

Uthappa really seems to have a promising future. Really love his attitude, seems to be so cool all the time. But, he gotta work on his footwork to ensure success in the longer formats of the game. He surely has the talent.

I don't exactly understand what problem they really had with India celebrating their Twenty20 World Cup win. It's none of their business to comment on it. That obviously angered the Indians, who support India.

Yeah, I was clearly irritated by their crying over India's celebrations. Their ego was hurt when the tag of 'World champions' was being attached to india.

Even if india lose, they shouldnt take all the crap being thrown at them. this was the same when ganguly used to be captain. may be we can think of giving it back when things are clearly going on our side rather than give it back when things arent going our way.

Uthappa really seems to have a promising future. Really love his attitude, seems to be so cool all the time. But, he gotta work on his footwork to ensure success in the longer formats of the game. He surely has the talent.

Doesn't he have pretty good footwork already? I thought he uses his feet to attack the ball well.

If u were referring to me, I wasnt flaming.. And I didnt talk about anyone in this forum. I was clearly pissed off that the indian fans and the team were being made out to be villians in this piece of drama. this series has seen lot of flaming between two sides, and trust me the action on this thread hasnt been spicier than that

I was surely not referring to you. The last two pages bear ample evidence of who I'm talking about. As long as the posts are on topic, its absolutely fine to be a bit aggressive. But a few posts in the last few pages seem to have no significance regarding the topic at hand.

Next Sachin?

Nah, Sachin is a once in a generation player, it would be absolutely astonishing if Uthappa reaches anywhere near as good as Sachin. He defined all the shots in Cricket.

it was good seeing sachin come to the match today and encourage the team. it was a very different sight seeing him in the crowd and not among the players. guess we got to get used to that!

Doesn't he have pretty good footwork already? I thought he uses his feet to attack the ball well.

He shuffles too much across, and could be a candidate for LBW with the incoming ball. Needs to work on that to be really successful in the Test arena.

I was surely not referring to you. The last two pages bear ample evidence of who I'm talking about. As long as the posts are on topic, its absolutely fine to be a bit aggressive. But a few posts in the last few pages seem to have no significance regarding the topic at hand.

Oh ok.. I thought u're referring to me.

Loved Ponting's words "They are not world champs in this format for nothing". Loved that! Its a very different feeling for the Indian fan to be accorded these types of words.

Yeah, we need to slowly balck them out of the team if the young-uns are goingp perform like this, over and over. Just need to convert it to the longer game.

Uthappa doesn't need better footwork, he keeps charging down the wicket to Brett Lee and swatting them for boundaries!

He shuffles too much across, and could be a candidate for LBW with the incoming ball. Needs to work on that to be really successful in the Test arena.

And his style of walking down the wicket to meet the ball could get him into trouble in future. The opposition will sort out that tactic and have plans in place for that.

But there's no doubt that he is one hell of a promising future star.

If you are the so called Worlds Champions of Twenty20 cricket just because you won the World Cup then I suppose Hayden's the best Twenty20 batsman because he scored the most runs in that tournament.
What else are you called if you win a world cup? And best batsman in one form of the game is definitely not based on one series.

Users who are viewing this thread