Australia in India

Cartwheeled the middle stump. What a ball.
Really good start from Sreesanth also. Very disciplined line and length. Swinging it both ways. Good stuff from the WORLD CHAMPIONS.

Top edge for six by the best Twenty20 batsman in the world. On the roof!

Haha, it's against Sreesanth aswell! Hahahahaa...

Lucky Joginder Sharma isn't playing otherwise that would've gone out of the ground!

Legend Irfan in. And welcomed with a four. Stupid RP.

Got him! Bhajji yorks Haydos!
Best T20 bat. Peh. :p

Last edited:
What a scintillating innings of 17 runs from 19 balls from the best Twenty20 batsman in the world.

Oh well.

If you are the so called Worlds Champions of Twenty20 cricket just because you won the World Cup then I suppose Hayden's the best Twenty20 batsman because he scored the most runs in that tournament.

Symonds gone in a horrendous mix-up.
And Hodge Podge comes in.

Hodge is bowled! Irfan you beauty!

Last edited:
Oh well.

If you are the so called Worlds Champions of Twenty20 cricket just because you won the World Cup then I suppose Hayden's the best Twenty20 batsman because he scored the most runs in that tournament.

We havent put our foot wrong much ever since we started playing 20-20's. we have every right to call ourselves world champions.

Symonds gone in a horrendous mix-up.
And Hodge Podge comes in.

Hodge is bowled! Irfan you beauty!

I feel India have done well to restrict Aussies to 166. I thought they would be in for 180+ but this is a chaseable total (the dew is causing havoc for the fielders). If India can get off to a good start, we are in for a terrific game.

Stop it right now!

Why is that guy being given preferential treatment and we are being targetted? Lot of those guys talk just like how that guy does.

No Joggi.

I would have had a seventh batter. Karthik of course, in for either Sreesanth or Bhajji. Habajan hasn't had a good series.
Would have played Yusuf as well. Dunno who for though, maybe Ghambir.

Playing 4 bowlers in ODi's are becoming a luxury. In twenty20, its a crime. you got to have a world class part timer to play 4 bowlers only.

Last edited:
Well you're definatley not the sharpest tool in the shed either. Lemme guess, I'm racist and insecure now that I've quoted one of your posts? You're seemingly one of those spastics who likes to target me regardless of the situation so bite me itchbizzle.

Itchbizzle? Gawd you definatley are a bloody genius aren't you? Is this one of those ways in which Australians outclass the rest of the world too? I bet you poop gems like this all the effing time don't you?

Yup I'm spastic, and I like nothing more than the attention you give on lil' ole me!

Yay first over and no wickets! Gambhir playing a little pensive to Lee!

Damn, Sehwag gone! He needs to work on chasing those balls outside off stump, it is the main cause of him getting out early.

Got my first look at Hildenhaus for a little while, he doesn't seem that special; that being said, I can see how he gets his wickets with a good bouncer and late swing.

Going well??? They are batting sensationally well (touchwood).... gambhir is batting very well. Uthappa as usual is batting like only he can (Smashing)......

if they can go on like this, they could win this by the 17th over. the spreading of fielders havent stopped them from scoring big.

The individual strike rates aren't special, 120-140 is about average. They've done well but not over-cooking it. Extras have been very key. I think opting to defend with the settling dew will be seen as a mistake in hindsight, but the dew isn't totally predictable.

India would have batted first had they won the toss too. It was said that the dew would aid bowlers. I felt it was a very stupid theory, and I am almost being vindicated here by the chasing team that the dew actually aids them more than the defending side.

Gambhir has been superb in Twenty20. He is now equal with Hayden in the number of fifties in Twenty20's. AWESOME! He is an asset in Twenty20 and we need to keep him there itself. Yuvraj is playing well too but if we win here, the platform for it would have been set by Gambhir and Uthappa's batting. They are responsible for this position of ours. Its a great feeling to see India dominate Australia (temporarily!) in one format of the game.

Bhajji, I take a bow to him. His spell of 4 overs for 17 runs and a wicket were very crucial in putting the brakes. Kartik too bowled well with an economy of 6.75 runs per over.

So, India wins by seven wickets with a Dhoni six. Well, what else could you expect from the world champions.

YEAH!!! YEAH!!! YEAH!!!!! WE GOT THAT!!!!!

Superb ending by Dhoni to the match!! We are truly looking like champions in this format. When Australia were going really well at the beginning, we got the bowlers to peg them back and restricted them to a chaseable total, and then Gambhir and Uthappa took the sailings off the Australian boat. 2 out of 2!!!! Thats something to really cheer about for the Indian fans.

Aussies are the test and 50-over champions, no doubt. BUT WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF CRICKET'S LATEST BLOCKBUSTER FORMAT, TWENTY20!!! Great to have ended on a high!

Users who are viewing this thread