Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Aus test, SA odi series

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • SA test, Aus odi series

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • SA test, SA odi series

Votes: 18 20.7%

• Total voters
There were several deliveries that could've gone either way - Kallis was plumb lb, not out, bouchers was so so, given out. Prince nicked one to the keeper and was given not out (gilchrists fault for not going up).

This test is just dragging on. I think both teams are just sick of the sight of each other. I reckon the pitch will become flat as when (if?) the sun comes out - aussies should get the better of the batting conditions and should look to bat once. Draw most likely scenario in my opinion though.

Clark continues to impress me - he's troubled all of their batsmen and actually looks the most likely to get wickets. I think Clark 2006 = McGrath 2006. Sure, not even close to McGrath 2000, but I think we're onto a real winner here come ashes - he's the sort of bowler who will get you out if you target him, thus he will be no Jason Gillespie 2005. With McGrath almost a certainty to be back, Bing Lee in the best form of his career, and the ever reliant Shane Warne, this is as good a bowling attack as we've had in recent memory, far more variety and form than what england currently has going for them. And considering SA batting >> England batting, we're tuning up very nicely for the ashes.

Clarke will be dolly on flat wickets. Dont even bring him to sub-continent, or that will be most harrowing time ever for him.

rituraj said:
Clarke will be dolly on flat wickets. Dont even bring him to sub-continent, or that will be most harrowing time ever for him.

You could say that for most pace bowlers

valvolux said:
There were several deliveries that could've gone either way - Kallis was plumb lb, not out, bouchers was so so, given out. Prince nicked one to the keeper and was given not out (gilchrists fault for not going up).

This test is just dragging on. I think both teams are just sick of the sight of each other. I reckon the pitch will become flat as when (if?) the sun comes out - aussies should get the better of the batting conditions and should look to bat once. Draw most likely scenario in my opinion though.

Clark continues to impress me - he's troubled all of their batsmen and actually looks the most likely to get wickets. I think Clark 2006 = McGrath 2006. Sure, not even close to McGrath 2000, but I think we're onto a real winner here come ashes - he's the sort of bowler who will get you out if you target him, thus he will be no Jason Gillespie 2005. With McGrath almost a certainty to be back, Bing Lee in the best form of his career, and the ever reliant Shane Warne, this is as good a bowling attack as we've had in recent memory, far more variety and form than what england currently has going for them. And considering SA batting >> England batting, we're tuning up very nicely for the ashes.

i agree that SAF's batting lineup is stronger than England's.

Ive never thought much of Watsons batting, but to score 200+(batsmens paradise) takes some skill.
Hes a better bowler than symo so if symo doesnt do much with the bat soon they should bring watson in.

Also i hate how the aussies take someone on tour and never play them.
The series is wrapped up why not use the opportunity to see what tait can do.

Greater they maybe just but England's batters have a better state of mind. That is what won them the Ashes, they were aggressive and it paid off.

SA on the other hand aren't so aggressive hence guys like Clark has been able to pick them off one by one without fear of being smashed everywhere.

After looking at the Hayden catch on Sports Tonight, it certainly bounced just infront of him. It should finally be time to just adjudicate tough catch decisions to 3rd umpire regardless whether the umpire has seen it clearly or not.

i think this first innings has demonstrated Australia's partial decline...2 years ago Australia wouldve bowled SAF out for 140 on that pitch.

Dizzy isn't back to his best and never will due to age catching up with him. Also 2 years ago we had McGrath.

It happens, and we did't always get teams out under 300, for us now anything under 400 is a bonus.

Unlucky for Prince, He played well for his 93. New ball is doing some damage.

Well done Bing, bowl some 159 km bouncers at Aunty Nellie :)

159 bouncer geez if he pitched them up he could have bowled the quickest ball ever.

Good to see Aus cleaning up, they just have to continue this and not let the tail wag.

Did Lee bowl at 159?

Not good bowling by the looks of it from Kasprowicz.

Never mind, innings over. Australia is good position for a clean sweep. SA better play better then this when we arrive. They seem be be struggling with Lee. Well all bowlers really. 303 is defendable though, they now must bowl well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread