Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Aus test, SA odi series

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • SA test, Aus odi series

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • SA test, SA odi series

Votes: 18 20.7%

• Total voters
And someone was commenting on the run rate. LOL. Australis must want a big score tonight. They are certainly on the right track.

Gilchrist and Katich are going great. Sounds like a bit of overpitching and short-wide bowling too.

This is the katich that was selected for the odi team the one that plays risk free shots and scores consistantly.

If he was to get out right now i wouldnt care he has done a great job and this is what is needed every match.
Play his normal game if he gets out big deal its better than him just hanging around blocking and scoring 30-50 runs in 30 overs.

I heard he cut in the air before, so not fully risk free. The run rate is up nicly now, no silly stuff. Just maintain it with boundaires and singles, pressure is totally on South Africa. Katich has a 80 strike rate at the moment. Has it ever got that high before?

He shouldn't be getting out now. Gilly plays extremely high risk cricket so if he gets out so be it. Katich should be staying in there carrying on to a 50.

irottev said:
I heard he cut in the air before, so not fully risk free. The run rate is up nicly now, no silly stuff. Just maintain it with boundaires and singles, pressure is totally on South Africa. Katich has a 80 strike rate at the moment. Has it ever got that high before?

Pre Ashes I suspect.

irottev said:
And someone was commenting on the run rate. LOL. Australis must want a big score tonight. They are certainly on the right track.

Gilchrist and Katich are going great. Sounds like a bit of overpitching and short-wide bowling too.

Seem's like a fair bit is down the leg side as well.

No, Katich will get an 80 or a hundred and bat for 35-40 overs. He better!!!! lol

Seems like Hall started the swinging movement. He bowled a very good over just then, swinging it all over the place. We may have to slow down a bit.

Look at over 9. Thats where Katich needs to improve. I mean theres no need for playing silly shots, but he used 5 balls and couldn't get a single at least. This could be a repeat, Gilchrist gets a single first ball and now Katich faces the next few without scoring, singles will maintain the run-rate.

"Katich plays and misses for the third time in four balls "

Hang on, thank god he got a run there. Thats more like it. Now keep rotating.

I jsut realised, I have been at this site for 1 year now. I feel special. :D

-> Gilchrist dispatches another wide delivery. This isn't like Hall. Must be a real good pitch.

Last edited:
nope hall isnt swinging it hes bowling cutters and the ball is gripping and moving heaps of the pitch

Gilchrist 50 already. Jeez. It doesn't take him long.

South Africa are going to need something drastic to pull back this start.

Sman-21 said:
nope hall isnt swinging it hes bowling cutters and the ball is gripping and moving heaps of the pitch

Perfect for Bracken either way. Swing or cutters both Bracken's speciality.
Good 50 by Gilly, lets hope he converts that to a 100.

They're going to be chasing 300 unless they get a bunch of wickets and fast.

Users who are viewing this thread