Australia tour of England June-August 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah, my first 50 came in a game that was subsequently rained off at tea and as such didn't count. Hence I knew the rules used to void all scores. Might have to insist on some changes to the U13's batting averages from 17 years ago :p

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Good bowling and pretty shocking fielding again. Really don't want Patel playing ODI cricket for England :facepalm

Auwais

International Coach
Not just Patel, there's been a lot of uncharacteristic butterfingeriness in the England fielding throughout this ODI series.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
English fielding has actually been fairly poor for a while now. They put down quite a lot of very easy chances.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Catching is the only problem. Their ground fielding is good and their throws today were sharp. Patel's drop was just comical though. I particularly loved how he fell to his knees.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah that's very true. Ground fielding has generally been pretty good but the catching has been very poor. They normally take the tough ones too, but put down too many easy catches. The crowd behind Patel made the drop really, quality reactions haha

alexczarn

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Good to see Bailey manage to switch gears.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Fair play Ravi. Doing a decent job of proving me wrong at the moment, but runs against the minnows like Windies and Australia are just the start.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
A few years ago this would have felt amazing to thrash Australia 4-0 but now it just feels like business as usual.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Fair play Ravi. Doing a decent job of proving me wrong at the moment, but runs against the minnows like Windies and Australia are just the start.

I really dont Follow England Cricket, but how can people Say Bopara Only score runs against Minnows Teams?
but his avg against other Teams are better than his score against the West Indies.
i look at his stats.

ODI Match
Australia 13 Match - avg 37.70 (HS 82/ Total Score 377)
India 19 Matches - Avg 33.33 (HS 96/ total Score 500)
Pakistan 6 Matches - avg 41.50 (HS 58/ total Score 166)
South Africa 4 Matches - Avg 44.00 (HS 60 / total 88)
Sri Lanka 7 Matches - Avg 33.50 (HS 52 / Total 134)
West Indies 11 Matches - Avg 29.50 (HS 49/ Total 295)

Edited his score again Smaller Teams seem worst.
http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/10582.html?class=2;template=results;type=allround

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread