Australia tour of England June-August 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
I just noticed no Christian, now that's interesting.

Good move IMO.

He never got much of a go once Watson came back, Watson seemed to be preferred in the bowling stakes and when you are batting at #7 and hardly get a bowl then it's time to look elsewhere. I guess that's a reason why Smith has got a go in the squad, a spinning all-rounder is preferable at this stage. Dave Hussey obviously there as well.

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
So Australia are back to square one. Johnson possibly coming back into the team and the bowling coach that lifted the games of Siddle and Hilfenhaus from being poor to world beaters gone.

Incredibly worrying news given that Australia's got just about the toughest run of series possible coming up in the next 2 years.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
I don't think this series is really neccessary but at least it will be during my uni holidays and I'll be able to watch some cricket.

The squad looks good. I will be interested to see how Australia A goes as well. There is talent in that squad.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
3 months premature is insane :eek:

Big shoes to fill, look forward to seeing how Smith goes after being out of the side for awhile and finding some form in the BBL/IPL.

Doodlesweaver

Club Cricketer
3 months premature is insane :eek:

Big shoes to fill, look forward to seeing how Smith goes after being out of the side for awhile and finding some form in the BBL/IPL.

Where are the runs going to come from in this series? Watson isn't in form, Warner is very inconsistent in ODIs and Forrest is very slow. I really hope he doesn't play too many games. Dussey is the only one who - when playing at the top of his game - is as flexible as his brother.

I just hope like hell that Smith's improvement isnt down to facing ordinary bowling in the IPL.

If they are planning on playing Johnson, it would be worth kicking him up the order. He'll either hit out or get out and we are going to need some hitting.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Why isn't Watson in form? He was hitting the ball pretty well in the IPL. Not a lot of big scores in WI, but a lot of starts, as usual. I'm dying to see how Warner does against some higher quality bowlers, hopefully Anderson and Broad really bring it and we can see how Warner handles it. Ditto for Wade actually, lets see where he's at.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Warner did start to show some consistency in the ODI format. Certainly will be interesting seeing how he goes in this series but the big one will be the A tour.

Doodlesweaver

Club Cricketer

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Yeah I spotted that one too and had a giggle. There was also a newspaper article I saw yesterday rabbiting on about how Bell had been 'the obvious choice', and all this kind of nonsense. VERY easy to say in hindsight.

Now we just need a mirror article about how England need to find their George Bailey to be their T20 captain :lol

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
If we are searching for anyone it is Cook and that is for Test cricket. Such a silly article, why would the number 1 ranked ODI side need to follow the number 5 ranked side.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
Brilliant isn't it? Because of course everyone, fan, coach and selectors wants someone who gets 108 gos at ODIs before he makes a significant contribution to a game. It's what all coaches hunt for.
yes... but bell?

by the australian series he'll be back to getting out for 12, cause you know, it will sort of matter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread