Australia tour of New Zealand 2010

Thats the thing - he isn't. Broad clocking 150 just aint right, since surely Braod bowling clocking 150 wont be the feel the same for a batsman as Tait or Bond clocking 150. Thats why i saw everytime Broad may have clocked 150,it had to have been an error.

Do you have some personal vendetta against Broad? You can't accept speed gun measurments for some bowls and disregard them for others. Lets see how he goes here in Bangladesh, but I have a feeling he will be quicker in Australia later this year.

I do agree that 150 from Broad is easier to play than 150 from Tait or Mitchell. Some bowlers hit the heck a lot harder and can "feel" faster.

in this match or in the world? There seems to be an unusual amount of guys touching 150 right now.

Tait
Nannes
Bond

Aamer
Lee (Maybe)
Broad
Steyn
Morkel (sometimes)
Johnson

Im sure I am missing some.

only 4 of those hits 150 mark 85% of the time. Ameer, around 145. Steyn now days, around 140, Morkel high 140, Lee used to hit 150 the most. IDK whats Broad doing there...

Do you have some personal vendetta against Broad? You can't accept speed gun measurments for some bowls and disregard them for others. Lets see how he goes here in Bangladesh, but I have a feeling he will be quicker in Australia later this year.

I do agree that 150 from Broad is easier to play than 150 from Tait or Mitchell. Some bowlers hit the heck a lot harder and can "feel" faster.

Haa na son i have no problem with Broad, i'm a ENG supporter. I'm just highlighting that Broad clocking 150 k's is a example/sign of the speed guns being inaccurate at times.

For example in 2004 i think, Mohamamd Sami once clocked 100 mph. See below:

YouTube - Muhammad Sami. 101.9 mph Delivery

We all know thats was definately a glitch.

Tait & Lee are in a different league when they are at their best. I wish Akhtar was still playing.

Bond doesn't hit 150 anywhere near 85% of the time hes mostly mid to late 140's these days.

Kiwi bowlers all have a pretty similar bowling action, where they take their arm high above their heads before bowling. Why is this?

Haa na son i have no problem with Broad, i'm a ENG supporter. I'm just highlighting that Broad clocking 150 k's is a example/sign of the speed guns being inaccurate at times.

imagesgang-2dsigns-2dno-2dits-2dnot-2dcerebral-2dpalsy-2dor-2dis-2dit-2d500x450.jpg

Tait & Lee are in a different league when they are at their best. I wish Akhtar was still playing.

Well the last time Akhtar clocked anywhere near 150 was years ago. Last few times he has played he has been a fat waddling 130 k trundler.

Bond doesn't hit 150 anywhere near 85% of the time hes mostly mid to late 140's these days.

True but my list was of bowlers who can hit the 150 mark and even last night Bond got to 149. Im sure he can still hit it.

Bond did hit 150km/h last night maybe they rounded it down afterwards but when it first appeared he did hit 150.

Tait - 151-160

Lee (younger Lee) | Nannes - 148-155
Johnson - 145-155
Roach | Aamer - 145-150
Bond around - 145
Morkel | Rubel | Parnell inside 142-148
Steyn Best bowler, doesnt bowl like he used, working on his L&L then speed

MacLovin added 1 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

99 Shoaib would top that list

Tait - 151-160

Lee (younger Lee) | Nannes - 148-155
Johnson - 145-155
Roach | Aamer - 145-150
Bond around - 145
Morkel | Rubel | Parnell inside 142-148
Steyn Best bowler, doesnt bowl like he used, working on his L&L then speed

MacLovin added 1 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

99 Shoaib would top that list

Johnson has bowled for entire matches in the 135-145 range this summer. He's more like 135-155, which just goes to show how unpredictable he is (and not necessarily in a good way). Mentally I've started to classify him as more of a LFM most of the time.

mrtwisties added 6 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

That said, this is awesome:

"You don't really get an easy run at it if first-change and second-change can bowl that quick pace as well. It makes it tougher for their guys. I'm pretty glad we're not facing us actually."

Johnson calls for more Australian domination | Cricket News | New Zealand v Australia 2009-10 | Cricinfo.com

I think it has to do with the acceleration of the ball just when it's released. Johnson has a very strong body and you can see the energy he puts on the ball as he is bowling it. It's not express quick but like you said Gazza its "heavy".

Users who are viewing this thread