Australia tour of New Zealand 2010

jezz i better catch the highlights of this!! sick match! missed out!

Oram has to be the most overrated player in all forms of the game as well as the worst t20 bowler in the world.

He was completely hopeless. Him and Ingram were the only ones who really did nothing today

-5 runs, also NZ to win

Good prediction, that's pretty close considering.

$300k on Australia :laugh

lol at you.

Ok after that one its most definitely the McCullum scoop and not the Dilscoop

Sanity prevails, i'd rather it was just called a Scoop. Enough players play it these days.

in Australia those "Sixes" would be caught 10 meters short of the rope. Cant believe there arent any regulations for ground size.

There are regulations and it's obviously inside them. The boundaries are all pretty decent except I think one of them gets as small as 55m. Most of the sixes were actually huge hits and were six anywhere. Both sides hit the odd one which went over a little bit, so it goes both ways. It also means there's less twos which helps even things out slightly.

Commentators want to have McCullums kids by the sounds of it.

Sign me up for that list. Hahaha. He's a legend.

Yea mate, definitely do so. Man the crowd at AMI Stadium certainly got their money's worth.

I was there. The crowd and atmosphere was absolutely amazing. I've never been to a game of anything with that kind of atmosphere. I saw an AUS v England ODI at the MCG but this was even better. The MCG is a lot bigger and being that the ground is smallish it was just phenomenal to be a part of it. I'm so glad to have been there. 26,000+ crowd. It was absolutely chocka. Any CHCH peeps who didn't go missed out.

What a game of cricket. There really was everything. Firstly I found Australia's team selection very strange. Perhaps a little bit cocky leaving out Watson and Johnston. They paid for it - although Haddin opening worked out quite well for them to be fair.

McCullum was on fire. From the first boundary he hit I had a feeling it was going to be his night. He looked up for it and he seems to play better when there's a big crowd. The crowd were really behind him. The ball before his hundred the cheer was deafening and then when he got it the whole stadium were on their feet for a standing ovation. The innings was unbelievable. The scoop shots, I lost count of them. He pulled the ball miles into the new stand, one almost got into the second tier which is a huge hit. He had really good support too. Guptill played well briefly, Hopkins batted really really well. He showed what he's capable of. N McCullum at the end was great also. Just a shame McCullum's T20 hundred wasn't as quick as Gayles and wasn't as big. Very narrowly missed those records.

Some negatives from the batting, Taylor needs to sort his mental game out. From ball 1 he started wanting to slog everything. He should have been pushing singles to give McCullum strike while he got his eye in and waited for the right ball. Instead he caused a big period of dot balls and lost momentum. Luckily it worked out ok in the end, but he needs to settle down. He needs to mature. It happens all too often. He's so talented but has no brains sometimes. Oram was megafail but we'll get to that.

I kind of figured 215 should be enough for us to win with Bond and Vettori. I'm never 100% confident of us though, especially with the other bowling options we have. Southee got smashed early, it's a real shame as it always seems to happen to him and then he finishes really well. He's young and he should sort that issue out. Was good to see him in the side anyway. The part he played in our win was HUGE!!!! I think we were favorites throughout the chase until Nathan McCullum got smashed for 17. It was a shame he didn't perform. He was poor in the last game too. Dunno what it was. Vettori bowled ok, but he was too attacking really for his last over and it didn't pay off. He flighted it a bit much and White got the ball over the rope a few times. Oram's bowling was a disgrace. Bowled at least 2 no balls from memory and was bloody lucky not to be punished for it. He bowled a guy from a yorker on the free hit ball and never bowled another one. He was dreadful with bat and ball and almost cost us the game. He better buck his act up.

When Hopkins missed that runout (which was shocking keeping and an average throw from Oram) I thought we'd lost the game and we pretty much did. Running out White then and there woulda all but sealed the game for us. We can't afford Hopkins to keep wicket. He played a very good innings and was pretty good last game, so I won't be too critical but McCUllum has to keep wicket. As good as McCullum was in the field (he was outstanding for the most part) we need our best keeper behind the stumps.

The death bowling from Southee and the Super over were exceptional. He needs to sort out how to bowl at the start of the innings, but at the end there's no issues. He really was outstanding. For a young guy, he is so calm. The crowd were so loud when he was bowling, the immense pressure he was under and he came out. Was almost as good a performance as McCullum's hundred but Southee let himself down at the start of the bowling innings.

Really can't stress enough how awesome the crowd were. There was so much chanting directed at Tait. "You are a ██████", "you tweaked up". Woulda sucked to be him. The crowd loved it when he was smashed over the keepers head by McCullum scooping. I think I saw a Haddin is a cheat banner too. Loved it. There was a funny Johnson one saying "Stop Horseing Around" and had him drawn as a horse on it. I can;t wait to see the replay to see what it looked like from the TV.

Oh and finally, I just want to send out a little bit of a haha at all the Aussie fans - especially the guy I quoted in my sig who said we wouldn't win a game this series and wrote us off. Ok, it's only 1 game, but maybe now we'll see a little more respect.

Oram is a real hit and miss player. If he has a off day, he really is terrible. Case and point: tonight. But when he gets it right, he's brilliant. He's past his best for sure.

Pretty awesome effort by Aus to get to a tie, that total was big in a 20/20. White was magnificent. Clarke stepping up was good for us too. 20/20 should be played on small grounds, makes it more exciting, but tough for bowlers.

Bring on the ODI's.

It was a very good effort from Australia. In saying all that. White hits so well straight. It took Vettori a while to figure it out, but once he moved mid on straighter we were cutting more of his shots off. Some of White's straight hits were great to watch. I have to give credit where it's due. I hated them at the time as he almost won the game for AUS but yeah.

Another thing I forgot to mention. Australia pretty much had a long stop for McCullum during the super over lol. He played that many scoop shots that fine leg was extremely fine.

Let's play "Predict how big Australia's winning margin will be". For today's game I will say 54 runs or 7 wickets.

Crazy - they nearly did it! If Clarke could have completed that third run off the last ball, Australia would have won by 7 wickets, despite the mammoth target!

These predictions are getting freaky. After the one below (see signature), I nearly pulled off another miracle.

It was a shocking over by Tait in the end. But it was a wonderful bit of bowling by his NZ counterpart.

Australia have finally lost a cricket game - something we haven't seen for a very long time.

I think Australia needed a loss too. Their fans were getting far too cocky and up themselves. Bring them back down to earth perhaps. Also makes for a great preview for the ODI series which I hope can emulate this second T20 game in terms of closeness and excitement.

Clarke almost found the gap but it was a great diving stop by (somebody).

Pup is sticking it up to those who say he is a ████ T20 batsmen, almost took Australia to a great win.

Clarke played really well. You need an anchor at one end. It was the guys around him who should get blame if anyone but in reality Australia conceded too many runs with the ball.

I think Australia needed a loss too. Their fans were getting far too cocky and up themselves. Bring them back down to earth perhaps. Also makes for a great preview for the ODI series which I hope can emulate this second T20 game in terms of closeness and excitement.

Arse. I'm still on cloud nine, after that tie ;)

Gazza added 0 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

Yes, I'm going to be very immature about this.

Users who are viewing this thread