Australia tour of New Zealand 2010

Aussies roaring

Australian cricket team is playing wonderful cricket from past 2 or three months.

First they have whitewashed Pakistani team in T20, ODI and Test series as well.

Then they do the same against Windies. They have outplayed their opponents in series against pakistan and west indies. They have just played superb cricket.

Now they are in new zealand against Kiwis. They have wonderfully played in first T20 match and won that first T20 match. Then in 2nd T20 it was just Brendon McCullum show. His knock of 116* has set a big target for kiwis against aussies. He has just played with mind and used pace of ball.

But then the world champions(Aussies) have shown the team effort once again. They have tied the match against kiwis.

Then in decider super over kiwis took away the match and leveled the T20 series.

Overall I would say world champions are world champions whether they have no shane warne, McGrath, Gillespie, gilchrist (gilly) and Haydon. They are still competing against any team at any level.

He can stay in T20 but I don't like his bowling, looks easy to get a hold-on. And he doesn't get much movement with the ball.

Nah son, Nannes definately swings the white ball & has already been mentioned he should be in the ODI set-up as well.

Wasn't aware of that website. Will check it out.

Excellent website. It's legal too. Has 60-70 minute highlights of T20s and ODIs and 60-70 minute highlights of one day's play of a test match. If the match is super close/exciting or just one of those special matches, then it stretches to 80-90 minutes. I can't watch a lot of matches because I still go to school and most the time the timings are inconvenient so it's a great alternative.

BTW, did you get any good pictures from the game?

I don't see why you can't have both. Smith is definitely a better batter than bowler and his batting is more than capable. Simple way
Warner
Watson
Clarke
Dussey
White
Hadidin
Smith
Johnson
Hauritz
Nannes
Tait

I like the thinking - that's a great T20 side with heaps of bowling options. I think you could swap Smith for Henriques/Christian if the pitch is more likely to suit seamers as Hussey and Clarke can scrape together some spin if needed.

Tim Southee bowls a few good overs in a T20I and all of a sudden the Aussies think he's a huge threat. No denying he's a huge talent and that he's progressing very well but I think that's going a bit far.

From what I saw in the first two 20/20s Bond has been the best New Zealand bowler so far, and he is still the biggest threat for the Aussies.

Haven't seen him do it for us or in IPL...

I encourage to watch him more closely my friend. The amount of swing Nannes gets is similar to Bollinger.

Users who are viewing this thread