Australia tour of South Africa, 2008/09

Spot on comment by the commentator, this pitch will dry out just like the last test and it will offer spin. And so far the SA bowlers haven't got the ball to move so not looking good for our front 3 who really need the assistance to bowl SA out twice.

South Africa's chance to win this series is already gone, they would be feeling as demoralized as me right now, there is no way back from here.

They have forgotten how hard they had to work to get wickets in Australia, they just expected the "swinging, seaming conditions" to do it for them.

And don't tell me this match is far from over or any crap about them being down and out all summer and continually bouncing back, it is already over.

A slow death is still a death.

And if I hear one more bit of crap about "winning the important moments" I am going to scream.

Task for the day: Replay Ponting's interviews before, during, and after each match this summer and count how many times he has said "probably", and "a little bit".

As usual, I have had a bad day so I decided to lob in here and slag something off, but there is still truth in what I say.

The thing that annoys me most is that I bet v-cash on South Africa and I am going to lose it, and they weren't even paying what they are worth.

Great to see Hughes now settling into Test cricket. Back to back 50s for him now hopefully he can go on and convert this into a big 100.

Brilliant start. I reckon this is just about the best start we've had to a test match since Justin Langer retired. Actually there is lot of JL in young Hughes. Hopefully he can make a big score here.

There is not much in the pitch for the bowlers , we shouldve picked McGain.

Punter won the toss again (5 in a row) :D

Wonderful start to his career hughes.
I knew he had talent an thought he would be good just wasnt sure how he would cope with his first tour against a very good opposition away from home an being so young.
One thing about him im not sure about is his ability to go on an make big scores.
We all know Jaques has the ability to turn 100s into 200s not so sure if Hughes has that ability.

Good to see Hughes in the runs, I knew he could do it! Some smart tactics early by Ntini too, going around the wicket to Hughes and over to Katich. I remember on day 1 in the first test he went around the wicket to Katich which is insane as you need to try get Katich nicking to the slips.

The selectors showed faith in Hughes by not picking another opener clearly seeing how well he has stood up when the pressure is on and the fact he has been good at going from one step to the next. Had a shocker in his 1st inns, 2nd inns a gritty one and his 3rd showing his true talent.
I reckon he can go on to make big scores, he has good temperament as he showed in the 2nd test and his best batting performance against Tassie in Hobart.

What a fantastic innings this has been, back to back sixes to bring up a hundred. Superb stuff. Looks a real class act, struggled on debut, looked nervous, but here he's looked confident and played his shots. As Mark Nicholas said, he seems to know his game so well, which is fantastic praise for a 20 year old. Brilliant innings, the pure elation on his face when he realised that was going for six was a picture as well, awesome stuff.

Welcome to Test cricket Mr Hughes. That just shows his temperament to have the guts to smack two 6s in a row to bring up the 100.

Users who are viewing this thread