Australia tour of West Indies March-April 2011/12

For this test to go anywhere it is on Australia to dismiss the WI in this session because the WI don't look like they will score anywhere near 450 by the end of today and this test is heading for a draw.
When Deonarine was with Chanderpaul they were scoring at a quick rate but since then it has gone back down.

Good battle between Sammy and Watson, good old fashioned test cricket. Also funny to see the Aussie bowlers putting in so much effort and Shiv just dropping the ball down dead in front of him.

Things don't seem to be going as planned.. did we have a plan? I thought our bowlers would magically figure it out over night, but I feel the Windies have set up a situation where only a draw or win for them is possible. India didn't set the bar too high last series, so let's see how composed our batsmen are 3 down and facing a good 1st innings total.

Looks like this could be the most boring test match ever.

Looks like this could be the most boring test match ever.

If the WI bowlers can have the Aussies in trouble by the end of this day then it could turn this test around but for now I agree. It has been a test without a point from day one.

Hopefully Bishoo can explore the rough and give the Aussies some trouble.

Well WI have declared at 449, gives them about 15-16 overs at Australia tonight. One thing I noticed from the scorecard - all but one partnership was over 25 (the other was 19), so not once did Australia string 2 wickets together. That could be something in Australia's bowling quality, but it does imply that it's a pretty easy pitch to get in on. Maybe not an easy pitch to score quickly though.

Either way, Australia need to bat for about 2 days in this innings to have a chance to win, 2.5 days in both innings to avoid a loss. Lets see if the patience is there. I'm seeing a lot of 20-60 scores in Australia's future...:noway

I didn't watch the match but was it the bowling's problem? Length? Was it too short? Has Mcdermott lost his touch?

I didn't watch the match but was it the bowling's problem? Length? Was it too short? Has Mcdermott lost his touch?

Outside of to Chanderpaul all the time. When Sammy came in they had a go at him and bowled some full balls which he took advantage of and some short stuff.
There was nobody that attacked the stumps consistently, not even Siddle which he does often.

Didn't watch much of the test so far but I'm sure Aussies didn't bowl enough stump to stump stuff.

Useful wicket from Sammy. I like this start.

He's getting the ball to seam in on this 'road'.

Last edited:
Not a great deal of conviction in that shot from Cowan. He'll want to be careful with Forrest knocking on the door and Watson more than happy to reclaim the opening spot.

Users who are viewing this thread