Australia tour of West Indies March-April 2011/12

Hilfy double-strike! :clap I had visions of Harris and Wade taking us to 400 and declaring, but they were snuffed out pretty quick when Wade fell. Good stuff from the bottom 3.

----------

Make that triple strike for Hilfy. Bit of a different situation for Bravo and Chanders this time around.

This is West Indies problem I was addressing, they play fantastically well for sessions and then those sessions are last sessions. They give up and have nothing to show after initial spark. Same Mumbai test match repeat here.

This is pathetic from WI. I was expecting a win from them but I guess, you can't expect anything from WI.

Key wicket of Chanderpaul falls cheaply. Good chance of rolling the Windies for under a hundred and having a comfortable chase tomorrow.

So you were expecting Australia to lose? :lol Some people never learn I guess.

When I saw Australia struggling at 250 for 7, I definitely thought WI could take this one if they get the tail out quickly and score at high rate in second innings.
There is noting for me to learn, it's WI, who needs to learn how to win matches from the position they were in at the start of the day today.

Leave it to the West Indies to make a boring test match exciting. Now its time for Deonarine to earn that #6 batting spot with a big score. He still has Baugh and Sammy to help him guide the West Indies out of a huge mess.

When I saw Australia struggling at 250 for 7, I definitely thought WI could take this one if they get the tail out quickly and score at high rate in second innings.
There is noting for me to learn, it's WI, who needs to learn how to win matches from the position they were in at the start of the day today.
It's easy to make ideal estimates of a situation; much harder to observe real people and try to figure out what they'd actually do. Predicting mistakes is very difficult.

But then there's nothing to say that the West Indies had to make conscious decisions to let the game go (or is there? :spy); they did bowl a 3 hour session, while Sammy had back problems and so after their initial spells, the bowlers were most prone to an oldish ball counter attack. Better, fresher bowlers have been baffled by tailenders; it's not because they often play chanceless innings, but it is the very reason the West Indies had such a lead to begin with.

Good declaration from Clarke.

Can the lower order see off this reverse swing? Seems cruel really, to get the first five and then bend it the other way.

Siddle seems to be suffering from a lack of game time in this test. Just a handful of domestic games and the practice match in the last 2+ months, while Harris, Hilfy and Patto were rotated around the 20 odd limited overs games since the test series.

Was that Monty Panesar or Nathan Lyon?

Users who are viewing this thread