Australia tour of West Indies March-April 2011/12

I just refuse to believe someone can drop a catch like that out of sheer unattentiveness. For what he had to do, even the worst fielders could have caught it. He must have lost the ball in the sun or something.

I don't know if it was high enough for him to have lost it in the sun, not sure, but it looked like a hard hands job to me, rush of adrenaline and what-have-you.

Watto strikes, messy way to get bowled, kicked on.

Makes those runs from the Aussie tail all the more important now. Probably worth pointing out that it's day 5 and neither side has been bowled out yet in this match...

They'll have to get a move on here. Rain in the air and bad light (which is now umpires call not batters as well).

They'll have to get a move on here. Rain in the air and bad light (which is now umpires call not batters as well).

As much as am a West Indian, I must admit Cowan was a good wicket to lose, he was batting like it was day 1 in bright sunny weather, interesting irony is the pair that was involved in his dismissal, no so Shiv who bats just as slow.

----------

Interesting stuff, I wonder if they will keep pushing for the win, guess they have no choice.

----------

RR and overs are certainly not an issue, but weather is.

If Australia have any of the Australian spirit instilled into their cricket by Steve Waugh and later on Ponting, they will go for the win and chase this down. It would be a bit sad to see them settle for the draw.

If Australia have any of the Australian spirit instilled into their cricket by Steve Waugh and later on Ponting, they will go for the win and chase this down. It would be a bit sad to see them settle for the draw.

There is no place for draw, die like men or win like champs, great stuff thanks to their tail that gave them some serious runs to cut the then deficit!!

There is no place for draw, die like men or win like champs, great stuff thanks to their tail that gave them some serious runs to cut the then deficit!!
Unfortunately part of me tells me that they'll go at 4/5 an over, which isn't going to be enough. There's room for another 5 overs, and they have 40 to get. Not gonna happen. I feel.

It would be ridiculous to end the match as a draw due to bad light if they are 15 runs short of the target. Play it like a T20 Australia.

Unfortunately part of me tells me that they'll go at 4/5 an over, which isn't going to be enough. There's room for another 5 overs, and they have 40 to get. Not gonna happen. I feel.

It would be ridiculous to end the match as a draw due to bad light if they are 15 runs short of the target. Play it like a T20 Australia.

These rules needs to change, if the batsmen feel they can dog it out then they should have that choice and option, to end in a draw is a waste.

These rules needs to change, if the batsmen feel they can dog it out then they should have that choice and option, to end in a draw is a waste.

According to Cricinfo it says min 22 overs left??

Don't think there is any worry about the Aussies going for the chase. Windies on the other hand doing their best to get as few overs as possible.

Hilfy with the biggest grin ever :p

Users who are viewing this thread