Australia tour of West Indies March-April 2011/12

If West Indies show even a slightest of hope this time and dont win I am surely going to be pissed. If you show us hope you got to win the match or else just dont show any hope

----------

BTW Shillingford picking wicker the first over is just a sign that spinners will cause a lot of damage

Warner has been getting a lot of stick, mostly from Holding, about not being a test batsman but im not really sure why.

Yeah he plays a lot of attacking shots, but hes pretty good at them so why not, and he is exactly the sort of batsman test cricket needs to see plenty of if it wants to stay reliant.

Its the guy at the other end id be worried about.
Ed Cowan just reminds me of Marcus North, slow, dull and average.
If he is still in the team during the next ashes series Anderson will have him on toast.

I have no hope from WI in this series anymore. They are master of losing a game from any position.

I had higher expectations of Cowan, but he's getting starts every time and facing the new ball, so I reckon he's got a few Katich-esque hundreds in him if we stick with him. The only opener I could see replacing him is Watson, and I'm pretty happy with the top 3 as is.

The two spinners and Clarke/golden arm Warner might prove effective if we're going to take 20 wickets. With Siddle not being 100% and Harris' past struggles to string tests together, the attack makes sense albeit very unexpected.

So Aussies are 5 down at stumps, only 208 on the board. Watto will get stick again for not converting a 50, but I dunno he soaked up a lot of balls and at least he stuck around - and didn't run out anybody :D

Interesting call to play 2 spinners, and Patto too, but it's worked out well for phase 1: winning the toss. And Shillingford/Deonarine bowling so much on day 1 shows that spin will definitely be useful. Hopefully Lyon and Beer bowl well and make the decision worthwhile.

I didn't know where to post this but decided to post this here as Samuels is from WI.

IPL 2012: Marlon Samuels reported for suspect action | Cricket News | Indian Premier League 2012 | ESPN Cricinfo

I found it humourous that the shorter headline on Cricinfo said "Pune spinner Samuels gets reported..." or something like that. That confused me a lot more than if they'd said 'WI spinner Samuels'. How would joe average fan know Samuels is playing for Pune right now? Does EVERYONE follow IPL?

I'd say there's zero chance of us playing two spinners today.

:D

I found it humourous that the shorter headline on Cricinfo said "Pune spinner Samuels gets reported..." or something like that. That confused me a lot more than if they'd said 'WI spinner Samuels'. How would joe average fan know Samuels is playing for Pune right now? Does EVERYONE follow IPL?

:D

Well they certainly could not have said West Indies spinner, since he is not representing West Indies presently, nor does the suspect action prevents him from bowling for West Indies if we were to call him back say tomorrow or for the third test here in Dominica. Is much ado about nothing and I believe Samuels knows that too!

Interesting call to play 2 spinners, and Patto too, but it's worked out well for phase 1: winning the toss. And Shillingford/Deonarine bowling so much on day 1 shows that spin will definitely be useful. Hopefully Lyon and Beer bowl well and make the decision worthwhile.
I remember the West Indies left a similar impression during the last Test at Queen's Park, with Shillingford and Benn having done much of the work to restrict South Africa to 350. However the response from Steyn and Morkel was a lot more brutal, both by deceiving the batsman with the bounce and also reverse swing which wrapped the innings up. In theory having two spinners and three seam bowlers can be ideal, but the challenge is to manage them so that if it does reverse quite sharply, you can put the appropriate pair of bowlers on to use it.

Appears to be a tough pitch to bat on (I hope!). Even before lunch it was turning and staying low and it continues that way - most batsmen got starts but couldn't go on with it.

Windies are suddenly appears to be a cracking side. They're not the good visitors, but certainly are the good hosts. They provided good challenge to us as well when we visited them for 3 tests and 5 ODIs last year...

The 2 spinners does give the selectors a way to drop Lyon if Beer goes really well. Ideally both go well though and we can play 2 spinners again in the future.

These starts by Cowan are becoming a worry but we really can't keep shifting Watson around so unless an opener puts his hand up then Cowan it is. Warner has a few technical flaws creeping into his game, about time Langer does something and helps him out.

Why not calling Hauritz back again. Lyon isn't that dangerous for the teams like Windies and the sub-continental sides.

Users who are viewing this thread